Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Dude chill; it really is just a bit of humor, she just hates using the bike and refuses because she has trouble with it (constantly colliding and cant turn it around to save her life). She is by no means a "gamer", and tends to stick with farming games and Pokemon. Basic "WASD" movement isn't exactly a honed skill she has. I already mentioned this post and got a laugh about it, agreeing with how I phrased it. We are a sarcastic, good-natured teasing family. :D

She generally doesnt even leave our base, this is really a decorating simulator for her, with the occasional shooting gallery when the horde crashes against our walls (she likes this part too). I am the adventurer/hunter/gatherer in our little duo.

That aside, maybe the new vehicle enhancements might make the controls easier for her to handle!

Before I met my wife, while on her bike, she hit the only other person on a two lane street!

She had described herself as a "Grey Mouse".

After a few years of Al's "Lavish them with everything, except his cooking" self esteem treatment. She is now healthy, wealthy and wise. AND can ride a bike without injury to anyone. She is well traveled, well dressed and says: "The grey mouse is dead!" With a big smile. I melt with happiness. :)

But she doesn't play computer games. No one can have a perfect life I guess .:)

Guys, I know that technically you're right. I'm just saying when I'd consider buying Assassins Creed (or whatever) on PS or Xbox wouldn't think I'd need to investigate the console version in case I might get screwed over. And that's how customers feel like. No one lied to them, someone just failed to mention very relevant information.

Like I said before, for starters, there could have been an alteration in the name to prevent that confusion. Like: "7 days to die: Michonne's story" or whatever to disdinguish the two branches. Blaming the guy who feels disappointed is just a distraction from the point that it could have been handled better.

PS. Sorry for going off topic, I won't discuss it further. The reason I brought this up is that it's a totally obvious reaction by the guy and maybe TFP would consider doing somthing to make it better understood. Their customers...

Tbh, the fact that the console version has anything to do with Telltale is actually the best indicator that there might be less stuff you can do in the game - this could have easily been a story about a survival horde crafting game :D

"Sid Meier's 7DTD: No really, it's legit" :encouragement:

I don't know anyone who only plays single player so cannot comment weather or not it's something they are excited or not for the jeep. I would imagine a single player only gamer would just prefer more storage rather than a vehicle with no other advantages.

That is the problem, developer cannot make game for one style. In your case only for MP. They have to look for other who prefer SP. And yet again, why you want 2 player in vehicle. Except that it looks cool it has no real advantage. They are not going to embed a Machine gun that fire 5000 rounds in a horde night. And even if they do, how can you make 5000 rounds.

I am sure most instead want jeep so they can ride with big inventory, and use it's ability to drive smooth. Unlike mini bike which get stuck here and there they expect jeep to drive smooth on rough terrian and it just look cool. Having 2 passenger is added advantage for my style. Please suggest what advantage it give with multi passenger? so I can see the benefits too.

Respectfully I will have to disagree, people who don't follow this thread won't know about the jeep and will be bitterly disappointed when they join a server with friends, build up to the stage of having vehicles and find out they will all need their own, I dunno maybe I am asking too much.

I think its better to postpone the jeep, the other new vehicles "should" keep people busy long enough(month or so) for a for a fix to be found and the jeep to be added with full support.

Don't worry, I got this.

dont-you-know-this-is-early-access.jpg

Gonna be a range of about 6 or 11 more hits based on whether a block or two is taken off.

- - - Updated - - -

The blocks can only be seen on mobile version after requesting desktop version on mobile.

- - - Updated - - -

So either 6 more weeks or 11 more weeks till release cause they usually have 7 days between hits. Unless it's manual because I have seen fluctuations. 7-9 days.

- - - Updated - - -

Just trying to build hype fam.

I wonder if there is even going to be an experimental at all or if they're just gonna straight up release and have bugs get reported after.

I wouldn't assume they would do that.

"A17-E"

Guess what the E in that means. :)

Cheers

I wonder if there is even going to be an experimental at all or if they're just gonna straight up release and have bugs get reported after.

I wouldn't assume they would do that.

Well, given that the team seemed pretty tired of interacting with the community this alpha, I wouldn't rule it out...

Think they'll ever have shifts between developers? January-June team and a July-December team? Or possibly have more developers? I'm asking too much. Am sorry komrade. Plz no send me to Duke's personal gulag.

They allready hired more. But its like making a baby. 1 man can produce one every 9 months. But that doesnt mean 9 men can produce one in 1 month ;)

Cheers

They allready hired more. But its like making a baby. 1 man can produce one every 9 months. But that doesnt mean 9 men can produce one in 1 month ;)

Cheers

but 9 men can produce 9 in 9 months which averages 1 a month... :)

Think they'll ever have shifts between developers? January-June team and a July-December team? Or possibly have more developers? I'm asking too much. Am sorry komrade. Plz no send me to Duke's personal gulag.
Actually it's January-December one man Madmole team. Faatal, Kinyajuu and others is all Madmole accounts and he type posts from them, so he is working hard to give us A17-E. That's why we don't see any news from Madmole, he is very busy.:smile-new:

Cheers

1 strong man can produce XX amount every 9 months.:smile-new:

- - - Updated - - -

You got me!

My sixth sense was right.

Re: people who are saying I don't understand early access

I mean all I have to say about that is frequency of the updates, if we were truly testing these features then we would be getting monthly updates, imho the features we get have been tested and are ready for public consumption.

Just my opinion anyway the tfp will have their own as will all of you, I just like opening up new channels of discussion that could see change if its needed.

I mean all I have to say about that is frequency of the updates, if we were truly testing these features then we would be getting monthly updates, imho the features we get have been tested and are ready for public consumption.

Just my opinion anyway the tfp will have their own as will all of you, I just like opening up new channels of discussion that could see change if its needed.

I'd have to agree with this a bit. From an Early Access perspective and from a TFP perspective, seems like we've lost a whole lot of valuable test time from an Early Access Strategy perspective. Thought I respect and admire TFP for digging in deep and making the changes they're working on now, before going Beta... Seems like maaaaybe there should have been a core framework update prior to a lot of the new art and vehicles being done. At least that way they could have tested the new and improved framework components to see how they really handle in the real world. Still love ya guys, just... yeah... Seems like you're losing Early Access perks with this release being worked on.

Yet again you don't understand EA. How do you release a playable test version to the public when you just broke the entire code base down to almost bedrock and rebuilt it on a new version of Unity? There are no playable steps in between starting and finishing that task.

- - - Updated - - -

In A16 we had very few dials to turn to balance weapons differently. This has changed radically.

How many of those dials go to 11?

In A16 we had very few dials to turn to balance weapons differently. This has changed radically.

Radical Weapons: CONFIRMED FOR A17!!!

-Fully automatic Rocket launcher with 30 round clips! There should be a beer cooler attachment, its gets HOT firing rockets all day!

:)

Archived