Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

The person who complained watched the Neeb's gaming series and formed their expectations of what the game would be like based on that.

Go to Google and type in 7dtd pc vs Xbox or PS4.

Guys, I know that technically you're right. I'm just saying when I'd consider buying Assassins Creed (or whatever) on PS or Xbox wouldn't think I'd need to investigate the console version in case I might get screwed over. And that's how customers feel like. No one lied to them, someone just failed to mention very relevant information.

Like I said before, for starters, there could have been an alteration in the name to prevent that confusion. Like: "7 days to die: Michonne's story" or whatever to disdinguish the two branches. Blaming the guy who feels disappointed is just a distraction from the point that it could have been handled better.

PS. Sorry for going off topic, I won't discuss it further. The reason I brought this up is that it's a totally obvious reaction by the guy and maybe TFP would consider doing somthing to make it better understood. Their customers...

Tbh, the fact that the console version has anything to do with Telltale is actually the best indicator that there might be less stuff you can do in the game - this could have easily been a story about a survival horde crafting game :D

Toores have you gone to the main 7dtd site? If you do you’ll see that you are asked to pick which version you have and if you pick console you are redirected to Telltale’s site. That’s a pretty good indication all by itself that there are differences between the two versions.

Do we now have to believe what art1336 says that Aldranon means when he gives his spin on an opinion/interpretation of Roland's ?

My brain is breaking...

If I'm interpreting you correctly.....

For those who felt I was trying to stifle conversation, I sincerely apologize. Discuss to your hearts content AND be assured that TFP is aware of the points you've brought up either because A) they are obvious, B) the work isn't finished, or C) thanks to your feedback

(Pick whichever scenario brings you the most joy.)

For those who felt I was trying to stifle conversation, I sincerely apologize. Discuss to your hearts content AND be assured that TFP is aware of the points you've brought up either because A) they are obvious, B) the work isn't finished, or C) thanks to your feedback

You forgot D) All of the above.

How can it be a real multiple choice without that one...

For you or the bandit?

Zombies on hoard night are faatal meaning that they can since you wherever and if they can smell you out hiding away in your fort. They can easily find a lone bandit out in the open. Who must have lost his mind for being out there on a night like this.

If anything, it would make it more safe for you as the hoard chase after the idiot. Might be funny to watch faatal zombies chasing after a bandit.

Would love to watch what a bandit would do with either weapon against a hoard of running and screaming zombies.

Maybe, but here's a question. we havent heard about zed and raider interactions yet. and if zeds are gonna gps to players on horde nights, npc raiders can easily avoid them and rain havok upon players. so, how is this gonna be handled Faatal?

I have copied all of faatal's posts on the subject of AI and pathing to their own thread so that people may read through them all without distraction and get a solid picture of his progress with the overhaul. Now YOU can form your own opinion of what faatal has been doing without the filter of MY interpretation. It is a very interesting read and I hope it spurs more questions, conversation, and enlightens some who may have been confused by all the commentary by the masses.

A very faatalistic thread about AI and Pathing

It's because of "common core" Roland is tainted already. :anonymous:

I say "Yes, okay, and this is great!" in the Staff meetings and then return to my room where I teach math the way it has been for 1000's of years...

What God hath designed let not man common core!

I have copied all of faatal's posts on the subject of AI and pathing to their own thread so that people may read through them all without distraction and get a solid picture of his progress with the overhaul. Now YOU can form your own opinion of what faatal has been doing without the filter of MY interpretation. It is a very interesting read and I hope it spurs more questions, conversation, and enlightens some who may have been confused by all the commentary by the masses.

A very faatalistic thread about AI and Pathing

I love you for this.

And some people would rob you of important choices like this by increasing inventory size and allowing you to have it all...

I still have to make the same choices with my full and modded BIGGER backpack. There's alot of loot you know :p

Maybe, but here's a question. we havent heard about zed and raider interactions yet. and if zeds are gonna gps to players on horde nights, npc raiders can easily avoid them and rain havok upon players. so, how is this gonna be handled Faatal?

Why would it be any different for them than the player?

Zombies don't care if you are a scavenger, a rock star or a bandit. You are just one thing to them, FOOD.

- - - Updated - - -

Well normally I would choose C but I am choosing A because Madmole calls me Captain Obvious. ;)

Strange how things don't seem obvious until I point them out.

And some people would rob you of important choices like this by increasing inventory size and allowing you to have it all...

I'd like to have the choice as to how large the inventory size should be, and choose if I feel it robs me of an experience or not.

For those that deeply care about making hobson's choices over poop and bones they can keep the inventory size small.

For others of us who get no sense of pride or accomplishment out of making those decisions, we'd appreciate larger inventory space. Particularly in the late game, its just annoying.

Just make it a server config option.

I say "Yes, okay, and this is great!" in the Staff meetings and then return to my room where I teach math the way it has been for 1000's of years...

What God hath designed let not man common core!

You could let the students use calculators every now and again, the abacus was a good invention in its day but 5318008 just isn't the same with beads.

:-)

Why would it be any different for them than the player?

Zombies don't care if you are a scavenger, a rock star or a bandit. You are just one thing to them, FOOD.

from a story point you are correct. now. play a horde night. do you notice any of the zombies attacking the animals? I dont. they usually kill them, but not on horde night. they tend to ignore other ai and go for players. as I have stated; we don't know the interaction between these ai's yet, as nothing has been stated on it.

so, I asked faatal, who isn't aka sills, how is this being handled?

from a story point you are correct. now. play a horde night. do you notice any of the zombies attacking the animals? I dont. they usually kill them, but not on horde night. they tend to ignore other ai and go for players. as I have stated; we don't know the interaction between these ai's yet, as nothing has been stated on it.

Yes they do attack animals. Unless they are a wolf or normal bear. Then it's the zombies get attacked.

I have never seen an animal on hoard night and I have played plenty of hoard nights.

But go ahead and ask faatal :)

I would like to add this game needs more zombies.

For those that deeply care about making hobson's choices over poop and bones they can keep the inventory size small.

For poop and bones it’s more like Sophie’s choice....

And if THAT doesn’t help you see that I was being facetious and poking fun at the whole debate by making such a ridiculous statement in my original post I’m happy to go back and tint the text purple for you.

I’m all for options. :)

Yes they do attack animals. Unless they are a wolf or normal bear. Then it's the zombies get attacked.

I have never seen an animal on hoard night and I have played plenty of hoard nights.

But go ahead and ask faatal :)

They would ignore them if they were there anyway, because they're in feral mode on horde nights. aka, GPS mode.

/not faatal since 1971

You could let the students use calculators every now and again, the abacus was a good invention in its day but 5318008 just isn't the same with beads.

:-)

That's true, but teaching with an abacus intimidates the administration so they avoid Roland and leave him alone.

I don't know yet, since I have not looked at that. When I do, I can discuss it, but many other tasks are higher priority.

They would ignore them if they were there anyway, because they're in feral mode on horde nights. aka, GPS mode.

/not faatal since 1971

was my assessment as well

I don't know yet, since I have not looked at that. When I do, I can discuss it, but many other tasks are higher priority.

nod. yes boss

Archived