Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Here you go everyone, was doing some stuff today and made a recording. Nothing official per se, was simply testing some of the mod events and actions.

Maybe this'll help make the wait for a new official video easier.

Neat! I notice at

the sight moves farther away from the eye/camera. Was that an action the player triggers manually, or something else?

The other thing I notice is that the firing sound is different. Are you doing some new post-processing we haven't heard before?

Here you go everyone, was doing some stuff today and made a recording. Nothing official per se, was simply testing some of the mod events and actions.

Awesome stuff! Nice getting these little snippets of you and others showing what you all are doing and what it can be capable of, even if it's not a "Official" thing :)

That looks very smooth I must say... Kudos Kin!

It sort of made the wait easier....watched your 1:57 minute video and then got distracted watching other videos on youtube for 35 minutes...

You killed them all. Great job! :)

No really, that's a nice scope on the AK-47.Do you plan to make it into a night scope as well?

The sound of the weapon sounds off. It does not sound like one. Is that a bug?

- - - Updated - - -

New video today maybe? :o

Welcome to the forums Space!

Kinyajuu it has probably been mentioned before a million times but I don't follow the forums close enough to know the answer, are we going to get a night vision version of the sniper rifle scope so that we can actually use the sniper rifle at night?

Maybe? :p

A few more little screens, this is of the zoomed one. Also was easily able to attach our night vision shader script to it. Just wasn't sure what the settings were supposed to be on it and didn't bug anyone about it since it was just a fun sunday thing. The final version will likely look different but I would imagine the function will be the same.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24128[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24129[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24130[/ATTACH]

I realize it's rough so don't take this as anything but a question.

But, are you planning on removing the cross hairs when zoomed in with a red dot? They kind of detract from a nice looking scope.

I just realized I quoted a different post. I was referring to the video.

I tried to click on the pictures you posted so I could see a larger version and got the following error.

Xeen, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

So I guess I won't be seeing any detail LOL

Thank you for the response, I am very happy because I've been wanting to use the sniper rifle at night for forever now and have pretty much stopped using the sniper rifle all together because of it.

Hey Kinyajuu, would it be possible down the road in game to find magazines that would allow different dot sights? I know it might not seem realistic to some but I love aiming down my sight and seeing a biohazard symbol, i think it would be fun to see what people would use, you could even put in a 7 for the game in the same style as it is on the home page, just some fun ideas :smile-new: im glad your having fun with the mods on the guns, I can't wait to have fun with all the different customizations that could be coming

I tried to click on the pictures you posted so I could see a larger version and got the following error.

Xeen, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

So I guess I won't be seeing any detail LOL

Thank you for the response, I am very happy because I've been wanting to use the sniper rifle at night for forever now and have pretty much stopped using the sniper rifle all together because of it.

I think Roland can fix that for you.

Heh no worries. I'm an avid shooter player as well as an RPG fan. I'm trying my best to make the handling and such something both sides will enjoy in PvE and PvP.

Kinda? I was either going to have to remove the crosshair entirely or hybridize (my preferred method). The idea being that if you wanted a moving crosshair for knowing your fire cone, you could, but you wouldn't have a red dot. Instead, holo sight like lines that do like the above old OnGUI crosshairs but would look much nicer. But say you're topped out level 200 with a 0 spread when not moving. Might as well toss a red dot on it as you know it'll be accurate.

So red dot and other scope sights would be one type, then a specialized type for seeing your fire cone. Will likely be more than a couple reticles.

I'm still working on how to merge the two things in a way that feels good to players of both RPG and FPS games. I'm homing in on a solution though. :)

How about doing 3 types? Make one RPG-ish and another FPS-ish and another that is a hybrid? Everyone gets what they prefer. Find the weapon with the scope they want (or how ever that will work) Or maybe a special purchase from a trader? so they can customize to any type?

:)

I love aiming down my sight and seeing a biohazard symbol

*shudders* I coudn't think of much worse... and then I rememebered the current state of the sniper rifle scope.

Speaking of which, I made a humble request aeons ago about getting its graphic changed to something much less painful. A nice clean Mildot or perhaps even something a litle fancier.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24131[/ATTACH]

ARMA.jpg.fb3dcbb419b099ce8020d9f0488ce79a.jpg

Well the idea was to use the holo sight for doing both while the red dot simply does the center point. I would adjust the holo range in script so that it's circle size will match that of the firing cone of the weapon it's on. Holos can have pretty much any reticle so i would set it up so that we could apply shapes to it. At least that's the plan. I'll have to see how it turns out.

Oh! That sounds like a cool plan. Nice! Hope it works out.

Well the idea was to use the holo sight for doing both while the red dot simply does the center point. I would adjust the holo range in script so that it's circle size will match that of the firing cone of the weapon it's on. Holos can have pretty much any reticle so i would set it up so that we could apply shapes to it. At least that's the plan. I'll have to see how it turns out.

Will the 3rd person camera always be set like that? Kinda reminds me of Resident Evil 4.

That would be cool and would definitely not break immersion like the cross hairs laid on top of a red dot!

Love the idea tint the cross hairs red and make them be the Holo sight! Smart man. Could even make it a ring the size of your cross hairs and then it would be brilliant.

Also getting acog 4x sights to zoom in without zooming the entire screen would definitely be a high dollar touch that even some regular fps games can't manage.

;) See you can post your rough outlines/ plans and we totally don't expect the moon and stars.

Heh no worries. I'm an avid shooter player as well as an RPG fan. I'm trying my best to make the handling and such something both sides will enjoy in PvE and PvP.

Kinda? I was either going to have to remove the crosshair entirely or hybridize (my preferred method). The idea being that if you wanted a moving crosshair for knowing your fire cone, you could, but you wouldn't have a red dot. Instead, holo sight like lines that do like the above old OnGUI crosshairs but would look much nicer. But say you're topped out level 200 with a 0 spread when not moving. Might as well toss a red dot on it as you know it'll be accurate.

So red dot and other scope sights would be one type, then a specialized type for seeing your fire cone. Will likely be more than a couple reticles.

I'm still working on how to merge the two things in a way that feels good to players of both RPG and FPS games. I'm homing in on a solution though. :)

TL;DR: you're working on literally the first person shooting part of the game, and you want it to feel good for players of first person shooters.

Yup, that checks out. :thumb:

underground can be make interesting by adding Environmental hazards there. like iron chuck or coal chunk they can make a uranium chunk, if someone dig there it radiation, and destroy that chunk will be like 15000 hit point. It will be effective if it appear more than at least diamond chunk.

Similarly we can make underground gas leak from bedrock, so if you are say in 15 block radius of that you can experience uncertain urge in gas leak result in poisoning etc to player.

For POI, they should not be random room, yes I do expect random Wall safe other than other random stuff already done or added. having random container or night stands in POI is welcome as well.

Iron chuncks next to coal, uranium & diamond chuncks? The geologist in me is chringing!

Archived