Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I was thinking they're dynamic spawning POI's that are guarded by bandits. Specifically if cars and larger vehicles are introduced and roads are the only way to use them.

I see what you mean now. Kind of like Fallout games.

I wonder what TFP's will do with the bandits behaver when the encounter zombies?

It seems broke now with wolves and zombies. The wolves still attack but they don't do any harm to zombies.

it was not my intention to discuss 1000 Hp more or less.

But because of the downgrades we talk about around +- 10-20% plus a slightly higher defense against explosions.

It is much simpler and better to make the wall 2 Steelblocks thick instead of polish them.

This is the reason i base my meaning on.

For optical reasons we have now the Painting tool

For Defense reasons it was allways better to add a additional layer concrete or rconcrete (or steel if you like more defense) but rconcrete add extra Hp that give more Defense as only one layer of Stainless steel, and is much easyer to repair.

Yes sorry i was being an idiot and didnt understand the script i thought you where saying that ingame the steel block starts with 9000 hp

I am not sure why you was using 9000 as the actual value is 10000 and this reinforces your point about being a narrow damage margin between blocks.

I should have realised material has a default MaxDamage value and is only overidden if it is set in the block itself.

So dont take any notice of above i was having a funny 5 mins.

I proberly reading this wrong as well but between steel and stainless block is a difference of 2000

So thats ~6 cop vomits , which doesnt seem an unreasonable but like you say with walls you can double with concrete or steel and make it stronger than stainless.

Will it still be efficemt in resource when building columns for elevated bases on slabs?

Also if you might use arrow slits for a ceiling for your garden so i not sure if doubling will work.

Right now when we crest a hill and see a campsite there are two possibilities.

1) It is deserted

2) It has zombies awake and/or dormant.

Once NPCs are introduced we may have these possibilities.

1) It is deserted

2) It has sleepers

3) It has a trader

4) It has a small family and a horde is approaching

5) It has bandits

6) It has a family being robbed by bandits

7) It has bandits battling a zombie horde

These are only some of the possible scenarios that could result and only for one of the least of POIs. Then consider the opportunities for quests and there is no doubt in my mind that the game will be enhanced by NPCs.

1) It is deserted

1) It is deserted

2) It has sleepers

3) It has a trader

5) It has bandits

These are only some of the possible scenarios that could result and only for one of the least of POIs. Then consider the opportunities for quests and there is no doubt in my mind that the game will be enhanced by NPCs.

yeah but can we get rid of the golfball mounds and craters for poi's? make em flush again?

1) It is deserted

1) It is deserted

2) It has sleepers

3) It has a trader

5) It has bandits

When you say trader. Do you mean a trader other than the mayor ones established in the game?

When your enemies are fighting... Don't interrupt them!

Its like in FO4 when I was sent out to kill my third Corsair and he was fighting a bunch raiders. I waited. Then "one shot" him with my sniper rifle. The remaining raiders and sinths didn't attack me so I walked past them and left! :)

When you say trader. Do you mean a trader other than the mayor ones established in the game?

I mean just an NPC who might have a few things to trade or a quest to hand out and not a full-on inventory of goods like at the establishments. The point is that there can be multiple versions of most POI's depending on who the inhabitants are which will dramatically change how those POI's are experienced by us.

When your enemies are fighting... Don't interrupt them!

Its like in FO4 when I was sent out to kill my third Corsair and he was fighting a bunch raiders. I waited. Then "one shot" him with my sniper rifle. The remaining raiders and sinths didn't attack me so I walked past them and left! :)

Nice. Nice Strategy using your environment. Your environment can sometimes be your best weapon.

Have you guys at Fun Pimps Given any thought to adding boats to the game? I know it would be awesome to be a river pirate instead of some mini biker.

Yes. Lots of times. Both by us and the Dev's. There was talk about making two different types of boats.

the first was a small one that players could use to get around.

The second one was a much larger one that could act as a mobile base of sorts.

I suggested the possibility of docking the smaller so a player did not have to move both of them.

No Idea when that' is going to happen though (or if). It was just talk and ended in the last Alpha. I think you may find some quotes in the last Development diary.

What if in A17 food (except canned one) will spoils over time? Meat will be rotten after couple of hours in storage chest. So we would need to have fridge. Simple device like

. Fridge would act like workstation which consist of: compresor (find or buy), brass throttling device (find, buy or craft - brass pipes from forge&skill required), brass evaporator (find, buy or craft - brass pipes from forge&skill required), brass condenser (find, buy or craft - brass pipes from forge&skill required) - you also need any power source. So the meat in the fridge would stay up to 3 days. Each fridge would contain small freezer for max 50 meats or 3 slots for any kind of food - this could stay there forever, as long as you do have power source. What you think?

I do that when I see a bear I get the Zeds to chase me & run for the Bear & dodge R or L, cross my fingers & if I am not dead I can look back to see if they are fighting. I have not tried it in A 16 but I used to get about 8 Zeds following me when I see a Bear, fun to watch.

Have you guys at Fun Pimps Given any thought to adding boats to the game? I know it would be awesome to be a river pirate instead of some mini biker.

If boats and structures on water were introduced i also think inteligent enemy NPC's (pirates) will also need to be introduced to counter a boat or base being too much of a safehaven.

I understand some players really dont like the idea of mechanics and features that require non zombie NPC'S but i think adds scope to the game.

Hulk ships as POI's sounds interesting to me , various sizes from small fishing boats to a large tankers/icebreakers and dare i say it aircraft carrier (just kidding).

Getting structual integrity working i imagine will be difficult as using as it is might not seem right.

Ships and structures are not just above the waterline but below it so maybe you need structure blocks amongst the water blocks and for those to provide a foundation type properties.

Making them susceptibility to be damage like the hull integrity of a ship will i imagine to be difficult to implement.

Building structures onshore and then launching them and towing with a boat and anchoring like they did with the Mulberry harbours seems a little ambitous though.

So i am not expecting drydocks or slipways anytime soon.

My 2 requests for a17 -

1. more block id space or do the way you mentioned was gonna be in a16 but got pushed back as lets face it 2047 blocks is not enough for this game lol

2. in regards to the H.U.D.... can we get a program done where all you have to do is drag the box to where you want it on the screen rather then having to change some figures and go into game exit change figure until 4 yrs later you finally fluke the right number lol.

the program be like a dummy screen and all the windows.xml stuff in boxes where they show up on screen. you want the backpack on your left side. you click the box and drag it to the left. done :-)....

Archived