Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

endgameing a sandbox

It's worth repeating that the Behemoth can't change the game through high stats alone. It can only change the game with an improved AI. Otherwise it's just another guy spinning in circles under your stilt base or over your underground base, who happens to be really big.

Perhaps the desire to reach a level of absolute safety really stems from the lack of any other defined win condition. Imagine inventing the zombie cure, overthrowing the Duke of Navezgane, or reaching an extraction zone. I've brainstormed about eight different ways the zombie apocalypse could come to a satisfying conclusion. I don't know if that's right for this game, but it would provide a more directed ultimate goal than reaching the point of "boredom" & wanting to restart.

an Endgame to a sandbox is tricky, as by definition its non linear. However I think a good alternative would be to include the restart as an in game option that makes sense. For example- You build you base, get to the "boredom factor", however there is still a government structure holding on (thats where the supply crates come from). They have seen your progress and want you to "tame" another area for repopulation. Once you get that quest option in a crate, you can activate it, go to a designated Evac, the game then refreshes (random seed?) and you respawn with some random gear in crates (plus what was on your toolbelt).

How many starting points for refugees can you build?

One more thing real quick a Gyrocopter?? Really?

Well at least those complaining about people nerd-poling with frames will provably lay off on that matter.

Heck! I bet they will be begging to remove the gyrocopter and saying the frames were fine.:)

far more likely an ultra-light. canvas/leather+small engine+mini bike tires+much forged iron or forged steel =ultra-light.

it could even be made in pieces like the minibike. i.e. seat, prop/engine, chassis etc. Don't know if the graphics could keep up with the speed of flying though.

Even after ~1700 hours I still have so much to learn. Massive kudos to 7D2D, and a slightly smaller one to Graphite.

I like the fact that it seems to have a special container that either when spawned or destroyed has high probility of spawning a cob web.

I think it spawns a container (like the bag) you cannot see when placing minibike frame an it spawns the frame and sometimes a cobweb with it.

If your actually crazy and bored enough to damage one to zero then it wont destruct and you can still collide with it.

You can pick it up and put it in backpack or tool belt but if in toolbelt and you select the slot that its in it will despawn but if you dont change to toolbelt slot or its in your backpack you can repair it in your backpack.

Trying to work out accurate steps from when a bike frame is selected and put in a gui container space until it is placed in the world has broke my mind...

And trying to figure out the point when its been selected or placed in a container space is melting my mind too, it must be being placed into a container as it seems the container does a health check of <=0 and if true despawns the frame.

Anyone have any ideas..?

Im all out of them.

In realistic terms bladed weapons are awesome against unarmored opponents who can bleed.

Anything heavier or even armored (like a skull) and you are looking for a blunt weapon.

Medieval anti-armor weapons were maces and polearms, with and without spikes. The flanged mace is a classic example.

Cutting through metal armor (without instantly destroying the blade) firmly belongs in japanese cartoons.

There were certainly ways to de-shell a knight. This early tin opener was based on a pole-arm used for that purpose. The action is the same although the original had a lot more blood and screaming during use.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22802[/ATTACH]

- - - Updated - - -

Well If You put it that way... I guess cutting zambies is not smart because they do not fear bleeds.

They can't chase you if you cut their legs off.

There were certainly ways to de-shell a knight. This early tin opener was based on a pole-arm used for that purpose. The action is the same although the original had a lot more blood and screaming during use.

The anti warrior for the Heavy British Knight on a horse was the exactly opposide

Small men without armour and only a dagger

They used the enemys horse as cover, stabs the horse, and ten they killed the Knight by stab in the eyes

So far i read it, sounds not really safe ^^

-----------------------------------------

Because we have a game and it needs not to be 100% realistic i think there should be 3 Classes of enemys

1: Normal enemys = No Drawbacks or Benefits

2: Armored Zombies = Military, Behemoth...

Good weapons = 7,62 Weapons, Spiked Weapons, Crossbow, and Knife (Knifes because you stab the weak points)

3: Zombies with much puffer zone = Cops, Fat Ladys, Hawayan, Bears ...means 50% damage from all other weapons on the body

Good weapons = (Machete ?), Magnum, Shotgun ...

Finally every player should be able to use his Favourite weapon but a good mix should help well.

But as i said, i still think how i would make it

luckily i have time, before i proceed with my mod i need to finish my Prefabs.

However I think a good alternative would be to include the restart as an in game option that makes sense. For example- You build you base, get to the "boredom factor", however there is still a government structure holding on (thats where the supply crates come from). They have seen your progress and want you to "tame" another area for repopulation. Once you get that quest option in a crate, you can activate it, go to a designated Evac, the game then refreshes (random seed?) and you respawn with some random gear in crates (plus what was on your toolbelt).

don't starve has this and it's brilliant. the maps aren't very large, and you can run out of resources, as well as not get some things in the world (like the pig king). you collect different "Things", and use them to activate the "Portato", and it plops you and whatever you can fit on your toolbelt (i think) to a fresh new land.

instead of a hard restart, you keep your research etc and get to destroy yourself to happiness again.

Here is a concept of the new Trader Bobs!

https://t.co/DDftM8FsJN

DK2r37MVwAA0cCo.jpg

That... looks AWESOME! Now that thar's a post apocalyptic trader facility. One part junk yard, one part defenses.

With Turret Blocks in the game, I'd think, as deco only, they really should get mounted up on all the traders. Would be cool if they fired at some point, but still. From a game immersion perspective and visual perspective, the bedrock indestructible traders always seemed kinda silly. Now, with turrets, it wouldn't really matter as much. The walls would effectively be actively defended, even if only by decoration. So would make more sense why they traders never seemed to have to worry about blood moon and such.

Really nice drawing. But what i see is

* Busses (hulks)

* Caravan (look functional)

* stackable cars or stacks of cars

* Blue Barrels

(what i hope get implemented)

And blocks that are placed in non 90 degree and not even 45 degree steps

and there my hope ends

But if we get the items i hope i would be really excited.

Archived