Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Perhaps what is missing is varying wpn statistics (unmodded). For example finding a purple sniper with max dmg roll (450 to 550 dmg per shot)

Edit: havent played long enough to know if all purple snipers have the same dmg.

From what I’ve seen quality does not affect damage only durability and mod slots. I’d highly recommend that everyone look at the stats of all items and not make any assumptions. It looks like almost everything has changed.

That said TFP please update the stats and item descriptions to accurately reflect what items do. For example, there should really be a stat for the temperature effects drinks give. Having to switch between the item description and stats to figure out what items do is not a good player experience. Especially when the player knows that the item descriptions aren’t reliable.

Dead on day 3, taking on too many zombies for my level & skill. Happy me, that would've been easy in A16. Could do with a "wipe all stats on death" setting for us dead-is-deaders maybe, considering how long the maps take to load/generate.

I think u can start a new game on same map since u didnt see much of it. Select it like u select Navezgane. Then you dont need it to generate again.

I am pretty sure I'm not a fan with this update. My fears of it becoming far more arcadey were almost immediatly confirmed. Guns also seem completly useless with how strong bows are, how they're silent, and how you can recover ammo. Meanwhile I shot a pistol 8 times enough to kill two zombies, with headshots and had two minihordes literally spawn to the side of me.

Also the uncarvable zombies makes it kinda rough in the beginning tobegin training knives since there's no reliable way to get bones.

There are plenty of animals to get bones from. Kill a boar, probably the easiest, use your axe for three hits, get a bone , make a shiv, bob's your uncle. Stop stressing, the bow is your new best friend in early game. Late game maybe need an Ak, lol.

Got to play for an hour or so last night. Still on Day 1, and so far, I love what I am experiencing. I went over to the trader to knock out that part of the initial quest. Fought one or two Zeds along the way, no big deal. I get inside, and apparently three Zeds didn't like me being there, so they start beating on the front gate and won't go away. I finish my business inside and it's starting to get later in the day. So, I let them in and shut the door behind them. Cool...three Zeds later and now there is another batch at the front gate. This time I let them in but can't get the gate closed. Seven more Zeds all determined to eat my liver! Thankfully I had a few arrows, so I got on top of the trailer that the trader is in and commenced to making them pin cushions from above. I lost a few arrows that de-spawned because I was not able to get to them in time, but I survived my encounter. I managed to get home, a bedroll on the ground with campfire and storage chest in the middle of the street. Looking forward to setting up a hasty base when I get home today, as dusk is approaching on day 1. Definitely had me trapped for a few minutes inside the trader compound! Looking forward to more adventures as I have time to play. :)

Pimps put an ear on what Games4Kickz says at 20 minutes or so of his A17 Part 7 video.

The death penalty debuff can be too much punishing for new players and even for low/middle skilled veteran players.

Maybe a solution is to apply this kind of debuff only from warrior and up difficulty.

Lol, u have a point there. I did find it strange u needed to be a "master chef" to boil an egg. Made me chuckle.

Although its only lvl 1 of that perf. :)

You wouldn't believe the number of people IRL that can't boil eggs, some can't even boil water without burning the pan.

I think you get improved graphics when you buy the correct perk. :p

yeah, find it under perception. Rose tinted glasses, 10% better lighting per level. At 5 ranks food gone bad looks so much better it loses the debufs ;)

For non-forumites here after the alpha-e release; its an inJOKE. dont take it seriously.

OMG. I found a BBQ outside the closest POI.

The game is done. Release it!

I so hoped it was something commited with eating but it is just a cool looking ♥♥♥♥. I love it.

I love the new gameplay, never died so many times before, but I enjoy it as hell.

Can`t miss to say thank you Pimps, boys, girls you too.

Goodbye reallity.

- - - Updated - - -

How long it was required before to turn Experimental built into stable? For ex with Alpha 16.

We can`t compare them because it is different now. New code, new way of smashing the problems, so we are about to see for the first time how it works.

Guys for first lvls which perks do you suggest to improve?

Seeing how quickly stamina and health drop in the beginning I would suggest investing in the perks that increase stamina and passive health regeneration immediately (can't remember exact names of the perks.) and of course increasing their max values is great too.

Yep. I stand corrected. Often I'm an annoying ass, but I have to admit; A17 looks to be very, very enjoyable :)

Ironically, the only thing im not enjoying is the "improved" lighting. I have to crank gamma way down to get a look similar to A16 but then it seems the darkness at night lasts untill noon.

edit mode

I question about "dm mode" of α17. By replacing 16.4 with another file it was possible to change to map editor mode. In α17, I found that some of these edit commands can be used in "dm mode". I decided that range selection and prefabricated data output are possible with Z key, but the command to delete or copy the objects in the Z range is not executed. Please tell me how to do it.

Guys for first lvls which perks do you suggest to improve?

Master chef and cardio. One of the head shot damage perks, ranged or melee to your preference. Then I would recommend the reduced hunger perk. Hunger and food is a big issue early game. That leaves you with one more perk to go to encumbrance, health regen, or something else.

- - - Updated - - -

Melee and tools in my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Tools is a waste early game. All it does is increase durability.

Archived