Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

hope you guys prioritize that your game on steam is getting review bombed due to how many people cant play the new build at all because of having less than 20 fps all the time

So after all the tantrums about ‘release the game already’, now the toys get thrown out of the cot because it’s not optimised?

Wow...TFP have more patience for this than I ever could!

-gampbler- there is a thin xp bar right above the toolbelt. Basically a fine med blue line growing from L to R.

-- Just had first horde night. Adventurer setting (90 min days, default 8 z's for horde night). Built a 5 x 5 w 50 colums in corners and horizontal poles across sides. Upgraded Flag to Cobb so all at 1500 HPs/block. Two rows of wood spikes all around. Even mirrored the poles at eye height so there was a double layer.

Horde hit and first 3 z's busted out a 3 wide path thru outer spikes, and one in inner. Only got a few shots off. Went to T1 Iron Axe, got a couple Ks. Lost a couple more spikes. Had to repair, there's 5+ z's in a 2-3 wide space, just whaling away. Tried taking a couple Axe swings, back to Claw Hammer repairing, "oh oh.." lost a pole. End is nigh. Didn't last 3 minutes.

## My take: default difficulty in single player, -once-the-horde-hits- is way too hard. *** I've only had the first horde night; that's what I'm specifically addressing. {had 4 deaths in first week. 2 to dogs. I'm ok w those}

-- Point is that yes, Horde Night should be tough. Scary & quite possibly deadly. But if it's simply not survivable unless you're uber-l33t then it should be looked at, imo.

hope you guys prioritize that your game on steam is getting review bombed due to how many people cant play the new build at all because of having less than 20 fps all the time

strange I am getting 90-110FPS on a GTX 970 with 4G (i7/16G windows 10) and I am playing on almost maxed graphics in HD.

would love to know if they have DirectX up to date and are using the correct graphics card. I know a friend who was using the motherboard Intel card and not his GTX card.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh lol, that was for Kub, but yeh I'm ready to move a little farther north... Huntsville area. We'll see. =)

I am in Bryan/College Station.

I'm a sneaky and stealth player and loved the bow and crossbow in the last Alphas for silent takedowns.

It seems in A17 the bow is not completely stealth anymore and draws aggro? Is this intended?

We wanted to get the basic combat feeling pretty good then do stealth. So stealth is kind of broken and missing, we can tune it in over the next few weeks.

This is bugging me as well. I was testing out perks to get an idea of what to prioritize when I play for real when stable releases, and both weapons and tools seem weaker now even at endgame. Perfect quality compound bow with mods + all related damage perks + sneak attack would sometimes not kill just a normal zombie playing on the default difficulty. Perfect steel pickaxe + mod + 5/5 Miner 69'er took 4 power hits to break through just stone in the ground. Considering the point investment required that seems a bit weak in both cases.

I'm fine with the number of sleepers I think, but sometimes they are WAY too alert and become active from several rooms away. Some looked like they probably came out of some neat hiding places too but the surprise got kind of ruined by them being alerted too early. Though I'm thinking this may have been because the From The Shadows perk wasn't working possibly? I noticed my sneak meter was still going up for every little thing I did even with the perk maxed. Playing sneakily just didn't seem to be working for me.

On a similar note, the suppressor seems to not work at all on the marksman rifle. Meter spikes to 100 when you shoot. Didn't try it with other weapons yet because I had to call it quits for the night.

Smaller issue: If you have both a helmet with a flashlight and night vision goggles, it doesn't toggle through both anymore and just turns night vision on and off.

Other than those things though, I see an amazing update here once things get ironed out. :) Great job overall.

Higher quality weapons have more mod slots. Each installed mod regardless of its type, add more damage. So higher tier weapons ultimately have more damage potential when fully modded out.

Ouch,

Each perk is gated by the parent attribute. So next level of pack mule requires STR lvl 4. If you look at STR lvl 4, you will see you need to be player level 20. A lot of the attributes are structured this way. Mouse over the shopping cart to the right iirc to see prerequisites.

So in order to get lvl 2 pack mule you need 4 points in STR .. which you can only get at lvl 20...correct??

So in order to get lvl 2 pack mule you need 4 points in STR .. which you can only get at lvl 20...correct??

Yep, this will slow initial progression down quite a bit. Can’t get a forge/workbench until level 20 either. This is a good thing- I’m best buds with my local trader now!

day 2

21:40

decide to loot a house

22:00

*omg I'm not in the safehouse*

try to loot whole house

some footsteps at the outdoor

*JUMPSCARE OF BIKEMAN AND NURSE*

ded

wtf do I do

spawned over 1km from dropped backpack

I see ♥♥♥♥, gamma back on 80% boys

running over 1 km, trying to avoid zombies

crouch, run, walk, crouch, crouch, walk, run, run.

just bypassed wandering horde, nothing special

boy

sneak in to make sure the house is empty

got my backpack back

10/10, was worth it to wait

:strawberry:

It was said that default random gen would be much smaller, but towns/POIs shorter distances away. Maybe smaller towns, but more buildings in total/sq km? I'm playing Navesgane right now and not a single complaint here besides the little pee running down my leg from the last POI.

Is there any way to increase the size. Feeling kinda boxed in, not just that but I haven't found a single city, only towns. Skyscrapers are still in random gen right?

strange i have seen streamers with 1080TI rarelly going over 70 fps this weekend and also did the patch change your performance at all ?

I’m playing with identical settings to my a16 and I think the performance is arguably better. Keep in mind recording software puts a considerable load on the machine as well so a streamer won’t get the same FPS as they would if they weren’t recording.

I genuinely feel for those who are getting really low FPS but my point before is my machine isn’t top of the line and it is over two years old so I don’t think this is all about poor optimisation on TFPs part.

Archived