Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

My first impressions: it is soooo good! Never expected a vanilla 7d2d to be so satisfying. Like I'm playing it first time!

- Fire effect is so beautiful (campfire, burnt zombies, burning barrels).

- Overall lighting not so good. I had to lower gamma to 25.

- People complain about poor performance, but in my case the game runs better than 16.4!

- No more 'hunted/undetected' message! You need to constantly watch 360 degrees!

- New textures are beautiful.

- Vultures are the new dogs! Nasty!

- I dislike the 'power hit' groan (I'm playing a female character). It sounds like she is being hit and it is misleading. The sound needs to be replaced.

- I'm always encumbered (though I bought 2 or 3 pack mule perks). Wanted to build a bisycle to see if it helps, but I need a lvl 30 for that.

- No major bugs (just some roads divide water like Moses in Random Gen).

All in all I'm very happy with A17. Can't wait for the stable release. Thank you TFP!

Playing with duelshock Controller feels terrible now hold L3 to run doesn't feel right plus when useing triangle to interact with vehicle you can't hold down to get into vehicle menu also you can get into vehicle with triangle but carnt get out alpha 16 was way better for controller setup hope this can be sorted

Playing with duelshock Controller feels terrible now hold L3 to run doesn't feel right plus when useing triangle to interact with vehicle you can't hold down to get into vehicle menu also you can get into vehicle with triangle but carnt get out alpha 16 was way better for controller setup hope this can be sorted

In most first/third person games (on console) requires you to click L3 to sprint, but that is for a short amount of time. So there is no infinite run.. Saying that I don't know how that would be better for this game with the new stamina capping system

- - - Updated - - -

wheres the FoV setting?

I think they were left out for the moment, not sure if it is permanent. Try changing the settings through XML..

Overall.

Loving all these changes.

Few side notes I don't like...

-Default Gamma should be around 20-25%

-Interior lighting seems to be off... Hard to see things sometime especially at night even with torches :/

-the double hitting and sluggish feeling of punching or even laying frames.

Love

-Night light.

-Skill system is great.

-Melee is much better and satisfying.

-the amount of zombies/sleepers (XP BABY), finally a good challenge.

Overall the increased difficulty is very welcomed. Makes me want to keep playing vanilla and not just wait for mods.

Only thing I would like is a better consistent horde night. Allow more than 8 zombies alive at once and have the horde last all night... Not just for the first few hours. Boring when like midnight, 1am hits.

Go to 0,0 either by teleporting with the "teleport 0 0" command without the quotes in the F! command window or by walking there. When you get close to the trader that is near 0,0 the range will change on your quest and a marker will appear on your hud. So far it only seems to affect some of the RGW games. I am guessing that distance to the trader might have something to do with it acting up.

Thank you, Teleport 0,0 did not work but ctrl-click on the map did. All good. Definitely a bug in RWG then. As soon as I got there the quest activated on the nearest trader which was about 4kms from my base. Long run home, lol.

Very awesome release so far! Congrats Fun Pimps! :D

A few bugs:

1. Snow berries aren't giving you any food.

2. It's kind of confusing about the max health being lowered after you die thing since it doesn't seem to show you anywhere what your "max health" is, just says "health XX/100". I guess you need to find a first aid kit to fix it and healing bandages aren't good enough? I died and it was like 60/100, died a few more times and got down to 25/100. Then, I died, and suddenly I had 60/100, which is what I have currently. No "low max health" warning anymore, but I can't go above 60 even though it's 60/100. Lol, confusing!

3. Now and then I get like a second-long pause in multiplayer, but it's fairly rare and I'm the host so could be related to that.

But again, awesome, thank you Pimps! <3

1. I noticed that too

2. You need to make the regular bandages from cloth. Each of those will push the health cap back up +10.

3. Could be a variety of things, like garbage collection or loading/saving.

Was the 4x scope madmole showed in his weapon mods preview video changed? (the one where you could zoom in on target and still see the surroundings). From the youtube videos it seems it was changed to the one similar to Alpha16 one, with the blacked out surroundings. Would be a shame if that was the case, the 4x scope from the preview video was really good looking.

My major gripes with the update for now:

-no FOV setting in the UI (really paternalistic choice)

-interior lighting is not baking low illumination in enclosed indoor areas anymore. Makes enclosed interior spaces too bright. The game uses many manually placed light sources as a workaround to somehow make lighting more varied.

-melee combat ability (at start) is inferior compared to using the bow. Pushes the player to use the bow. Which is mostly a balancing issue.

The lights in POIs are generally a clue to the path you need to take.

I prefer melee with the club using power attacks to the head in the beginning. I kill faster and don't have to mess with arrows. I started a new game tonight and took down an entire wandering horde using the technique without taking any damage. It can be done.

It looks like that game is more demanding. Is computer really too bad if it has:

8gb ram, i5-5200U, Gforce 940M (2Gb dedicated VRam).

My girlfriend can't run game with these stats. After like 40-50 min wait she is in game, but she can't do anything there, cause there is too big lag.

My first 10 minutes went like this:

“Ooh, shiney!! It looks pretty!! Grab some grass, make a bedroll. There’s a poi, lets have a look in there. Sleepers! Dammit, woke them up. Double dammit, fell into the basement!! THE STAIRS ARE BROKEN!! how do i get out? Kill this construction worker with the torch (don’t have anything else :s), aah, a tunnel. Is that the way out? IS IT ♥♥♥♥, ZOMBIE BEEEEAAAAAARRR. Run awaaaay, run awaaaaah i’m dead.”

A17 is very different. Most POIs except for the small basic ones are death traps. Generally a winding path marked by clue lights, full of sleepers and hopefully with some good loot at the end.

A lot of learned behavior won't work anymore. Be scared. Study your surroundings. Learn the mechanics. Pretend you are playing a new game.

2. Current life doesn't reset upon death. Btw, nicely done on the difficulty. First time I died in ages in the game other than stupid ♥♥♥♥ like falling to my death lol.

That is correct. You have to use bandages made from cloth. Each will give you back +10 of your health cap.

well that was tense.... died 3 times on day 1

what level intellect do you need to be to get the forge? im on 3 and it keeps telling me to increase intellect. proves im dumb i supoose...

tried it with nerdy glasses too - no luck.

There are level caps on perk levels. Move the mouse over the lock icon in the perk list and the tooltip will tell you.

Hey Madmole I was thinking today about old releases of 7DTD and I remembered Santa hats, which got me thinking. What if you guys turned the fat Hawaiian zombie into a mall Santa zombie dropping Santa clothes and maybe candy canes. Just something fun for the Holidays, A17e is awesome keep up the good work guys

Am I understanding correctly that the increase in weapon quality/color (specifically bow and club) is purely related to durability? No increased damage from higher quality bow/club? That almost takes all the purpose out from investing into higher quality items :(

Higher quality adds more mod slots. Mods are where you will get increased damage.

- I dislike the 'power hit' groan (I'm playing a female character). It sounds like she is being hit and it is misleading. The sound needs to be replaced.

It's a placeholder. Whatever was available.

2. Current life doesn't reset upon death.

That is incorrect. At low levels you regenerate HP/food/water after death.

I think the rooftop vultures need to be toned down. I've died twice, both times Day One deaths. Step onto roof - swarmed by vultures within a second, which are hard to target. Bleed out and die within 5 seconds. No defence. Can't clear the volume if you can't get onto rofftop.

S'pose I could nerd pole up from outside and pick them off.

Seems that I will need to say a big BYE BYE to 7DTD ... :miserable:

FPS at 10 ... :(

Looks like a minecraft

Lowering resolution helps a bit but that aint a solution .. only makes it more minecraftier .. :D

Well it seems no more playing for me, but at least we had a good run ..

Have fun all with a17 :)

20181120120534-1.sized.jpg

20181120120553-1.sized.jpg

Be creative. Use your environment - or change it.

It's a voxel game! =)

What people have changed, is the game they are playing. I was thinking there should be 30k+ of active players now, not 9k.

This could be an indication that something is not going as planned.

**Then again, FO76 was out, but its not a great game so far.

Seems that I will need to say a big BYE BYE to 7DTD ... :miserable:

FPS at 10 ... :(

Looks like a minecraft

Lowering resolution helps a bit but that aint a solution .. only makes it more minecraftier .. :D

Well it seems no more playing for me, but at least we had a good run ..

Have fun all with a17 :)

20181120120534-1.sized.jpg

20181120120553-1.sized.jpg

Running at 1/8 texture quality and 0% LOD will probably have that result...

Archived