Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I'm sure you know literally 100's of people who don't know how to cook anything. I think its a mistake to assume any character knows how to do anything beyond the minimum of survival needs. You can survive scrounging food and buying food at a trader or any vending machine, and eat raw vegetables. If your character is role played to be a cook then put some points into it. Its not a must have.

I think there is one notable exception to this. Goldenrod tea. You need the perk to make it and you need the tea to address the food poisoning you will get from eating raw vegetables and canned food. Yes, there are other options for food poisoning but goldenrod is the only reliable cure for this.

I'm not a fan of the hour-long death debuff. Nothing in the game should hinder to for a full hour, as that just makes me want to leave the game running and go play something else for that hour. There's no incentive to go out looting, as you're now more likely to die than you were before you... died.

Sure it feels good getting your stuff back, but you can just wait an hour and get it back when you've recovered. I do like the debuff, but I just think the cap on it needs lowered. Granted, we're playing a server with the hardest settings, so death is much more recurring. Zombies kill you in 2 hits and a full 2 mags of AK rounds (rank 2 AK woot) didn't take down a running military zombie lol. So we're getting used to dying, but no real progression can be made bc of that debuff. It incentivises afk players while further penalizing those that try to go out looting.

Just my ten cents on the debuff. I'm sure many will disagree, and that's ok. Just starting a conversation that may have already been covered. With 2725 pages in this thread... I'm not delving that deep to find any mention of the debuff lol.

hi guys im new to the forums but i see a lot of players complaining about performance issues i am ok because my pc can power through the bad optimization even though i had to lower my settings a bit compared to previous alphas but we are a group of 6 people and only 2 of us have a playable fps (never going under 20 all the time) i see on steam for the first time the reviews for this game are going to skew more to the negative because of this , we all now that its still experimental but is there even any hope in this game being optimized? most of us have less fps now than what we had 5 years ago in way worse computers isnt optimization what is holding back 7 days to die from becoming from a decent indie to a memorable game ?

I'm sure you know literally 100's of people who don't know how to cook anything. I think its a mistake to assume any character knows how to do anything beyond the minimum of survival needs. You can survive scrounging food and buying food at a trader or any vending machine, and eat raw vegetables. If your character is role played to be a cook then put some points into it. Its not a must have.

OMFG!!!!!! This is amazing, I love it. It is so pretty we're talking triple A pretty. The way the zones all bleed into each other now, amazing! Love the skills, and the challenge, LOVE IT. Man you all deserve a HUGE pat on the back, this is going to be so much fun. Zombie pathing THE FEAR IS BACK!

Sister needs the BOIL perk, she can't even make hot dogs so sad... LOL

Seems that I will need to say a big BYE BYE to 7DTD ... :miserable:

FPS at 10 ... :(

Looks like a minecraft

Lowering resolution helps a bit but that aint a solution .. only makes it more minecraftier .. :D

Well it seems no more playing for me, but at least we had a good run ..

Have fun all with a17 :)

20181120120534-1.sized.jpg

20181120120553-1.sized.jpg

My brother had the same with Radeon 380X... All i need was go to main menu set setting so minimum, made textures resolution "Full" view distance to "medium" and FPS goes from 5 (five) to 65. Funny if i enables V-sync it dropped from 65FPS to 15-30FPS. So maybe you can look at "Display" sheet and try turn off Vertical Synchronisation.

My brother had the same with Radeon 380X... All i need was go to main menu set setting so minimum, made textures resolution "Full" view distance to "medium" and FPS goes from 5 (five) to 65. Funny if i enables V-sync it dropped from 65FPS to 15-30FPS. So maybe you can look at "Display" sheet and try turn off Vertical Synchronisation.

I have Radeon 2700X , R7 370 16GB ram and 17 FPS in building on minimal settings, 40-45 FPS outside, whether vsync or not. graphics card usage 100%.

Hi does anyone know Where is the error log now normally it's in managed but now it isnt

(edit added comment by QA Tester-unholyjoe)

hi stallion,

unless someone alters it (like i did), it should (should) be at (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Days To Die_Data)

mine are at different location because my 7dtd is installed on a seperat nvme drive. (I:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data)

This is where mine is with A17:

C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow\The Fun Pimps\7 Days To Die

Overall.

Loving all these changes.

Few side notes I don't like...

-Default Gamma should be around 20-25%

-Interior lighting seems to be off... Hard to see things sometime especially at night even with torches :/

-the double hitting and sluggish feeling of punching or even laying frames.

Love

-Night light.

-Skill system is great.

-Melee is much better and satisfying.

-the amount of zombies/sleepers (XP BABY), finally a good challenge.

Overall the increased difficulty is very welcomed. Makes me want to keep playing vanilla and not just wait for mods.

Only thing I would like is a better consistent horde night. Allow more than 8 zombies alive at once and have the horde last all night... Not just for the first few hours. Boring when like midnight, 1am hits.

Turn the zombies up to 64 max alive. Once the game stage gets higher you will have zombies all night.

MM..question on perks....I am level 14 and have 3 points in each of the 5 attributes. For example....why can i only put 1 point into Pack mule under STR......i want to open more slots...Do I have to wait until level 20 or something to open 4 more slots under pack mule.. I dont want any of the other subperks under STR....VERY CONFUSING>>>

Can you post an explanation on how these work..Do levels affect opening perks ..ontop of the Attributes...Confused???

Ouch

Seems that I will need to say a big BYE BYE to 7DTD ... :miserable:

FPS at 10 ... :(

Looks like a minecraft

Lowering resolution helps a bit but that aint a solution .. only makes it more minecraftier .. :D

Well it seems no more playing for me, but at least we had a good run ..

Have fun all with a17 :)

20181120120534-1.sized.jpg

20181120120553-1.sized.jpg

We have some optimizations coming.

We have some optimizations coming.

Oh thank goodness, I'm so happy I'm gonna cry. I was so worried I'd have to stop playing because I'm having the same problem :(

- - - Updated - - -

hope you guys prioritize that your game on steam is getting review bombed due to how many people cant play the new build at all because of having less than 20 fps all the time

Why are people so hateful? It's literally an unstable, experimental build for an alpha. There's no reason to "review bomb" the game for that. That's insane.

MM..question on perks....I am level 14 and have 3 points in each of the 5 attributes. For example....why can i only put 1 point into Pack mule under STR......i want to open more slots...Do I have to wait until level 20 or something to open 4 more slots under pack mule.. I dont want any of the other subperks under STR....VERY CONFUSING>>>

Can you post an explanation on how these work..Do levels affect opening perks ..ontop of the Attributes...Confused???

Ouch

Ouch,

Each perk is gated by the parent attribute. So next level of pack mule requires STR lvl 4. If you look at STR lvl 4, you will see you need to be player level 20. A lot of the attributes are structured this way. Mouse over the shopping cart to the right iirc to see prerequisites.

I am a great cook in RL but many of my friends can't even open a can so I fully support Cooking as a perk. if you ever played WOW you could role play as a master chef and make a lot of $$ on a MM server this could be good.

Archived