Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Lol, didn't realize there was more. And that's grate, what a smart guy. Though being air locked, since he ran out of oxygen, how is he a zombie? O.o

I went by the Walking Dead way of turning into a Zombie. Open spoiler if you want to know more, but will spoil the story if you haven't watched it.

Yeah, sifted through all the block models I could to actually make it LOOK like a sewer. It even has pipes coming from the ceiling. I would've done them on a 45* angle but not an option.

Water would've been cool coming out of the smaller medium pipes (Which you can fit in, by the way).

In the Walking Dead.. if you die in any way possible, you will turn into a Zombie, regardless if you're bitten or not. Cut your wrist, bleed out, fall from a building and splat, get stabbed in the heart.. you will still turn into a Zombie.

The only way to NOT turn into a Zombie, is if you blow your head off.. or, have it blown off. Or any sufficient damage to completely rupture the brain.

Farming would be way more useful when there is a food spoilage timer.

Then the only ways to secure a good supply of (good) food is to either keep perpetually looting/hunting for it, or farming it.

Currently food is becoming a non issue after a while, as the player will stockpile found food.

With food spoilage stockpiling is not possible. Its needs to be gathered/farmed and prepared regularly.

(only for canned food, wich should give less bonuses)

The player can then choose: do I stockpile "low grade" non perishable foods like water and canned food.

Or do I want a secure supply of high grade food (cooked foods and prepared drinks) wich give bonuses but will perish after a while.

Spoilage would suck on very active servers. Imagine planting at night going to bed and waking up to 4 days later and all spoiled crops... Some players play every few days and they would have to plan real life to manage their crops.

Maybe a LONG timer for neglect, or a few hordes/animals/insects% ripping through their crops could make a crop loss situation...? Nulifying the "seed" recipe all together could make the game incredibly difficult if you could ONLY find seeds and not make them, but thats all too unrealistic.

On the other hand food spoilage in general would add a serious level of difficulty, but then again having a canning system recipe would make that just another task... but then we are just talking doing extra coding for the pimps for layers of difficulty...

I personally don't want a burdensome tedious system... but I do see the need to have food a "challenge" till the zeds get stronger.. (80-100th level?)

Also, can we pick up the "baby plants" and they become seeds to relocate the field or change the ratios of growth if we want?

Icecream is cold.

I totally agree, if food spoilage was a thing, it'd be incredibly tedious to maintain your own farm..

UNLESS spoilage went by active chunks, meaning players would have to be nearby for the food to go off.

Otherwise yes, stupid. :f Logging on into a Horde Night is bad enough.. especially a later game, hard one.

I totally agree, if food spoilage was a thing, it'd be incredibly tedious to maintain your own farm..

UNLESS spoilage went by active chunks, meaning players would have to be nearby for the food to go off.

Otherwise yes, stupid. :f Logging on into a Horde Night is bad enough.. especially a later game, hard one.

Idk if they going for farmville approach or realistic which it is tedious, without man made machines.

Name things that would add to difficulty in farming that you wouldn't label as "tedious". I don't have any problems with the changes shown so far in farming. I would like it to not be a plant and forget type of thing though. Farming should require some active participation that takes up valuable game time. If it doesn't then eventually it will make food a complete non-issue.

Apologies if this has already been commented on, but I agree, Gnomaana. I'd like to see a watering/irrigation necessity of some type. I know water physics are ridiculously broken at the moment...but maybe the introduction of a watering can or something that you could fill and then water individual crop blocks, similar to Stardew Valley or others. Maybe plants have a 5-day growth time, and they must be watered 2-3 times during that period, and they give a little bit of a bonus harvest if they're watered daily (simulating more involved maintenance in a simpler fashion)? I'm not sure how difficult that might be, but with the new buff system, and the fact that we can already place fertilizer, I'd imagine it wouldn't be hard. It'd also make getting a more-permanent water supply a MUCH more important part of the game, as well.

That actually got reverted as it proved to be too intuitive during testing.

Nooooooooo...... you're kidding. :f

Please give us the option whether to hold or toggle it, or both..

Or wait, hasn't movement changed as a whole now?

We don't walk anymore, like.. we jog.. and shift = sprint..

How do we walk now?

This is how I understand it now. :f Please set me straight. All over the joint.. like my Sewer? :3

Nooooooooo...... you're kidding. :f

Please give us the option whether to hold or toggle it, or both..

Or wait, hasn't movement changed as a whole now?

We don't walk anymore, like.. we jog.. and shift = sprint..

How do we walk now?

This is how I understand it now. :f Please set me straight. All over the joint.. like my Sewer? :3

I like your sewer.

Nice diversion. Please give us a sprint toggle option.

It depends on how fast we jog. If the previous walking speed was just reclassified as jog, then we will need a toggle. If the new jogging speed it significantly faster, and sprint is both extremely fast and drains stamina quickly, then we would not need a toggle as sprinting would only be used sparingly.

Alright Fun Pimps. I'm not sure how closely you are watching these forums...but I need some help. My son and I made a bet about a month ago. This is a serious bet...This involves me having to do his chores and have to play Ark if I don't see proof of the release of Alpha 17 by tomorrow. I have a huge base in 7 Days to Die I've been working on and don't feel like playing some other game. If you could send me a Beta release of Alpha 17 or at least a demo copy of it, I would really appreciate it. I don't care how unstable it is. I will post rave reviews for six months, every day on every site that I can find.

Yes, this is a legitimate offer...

Sincerely,

Darren

P.S. Our 7 Days to Die host is Geek Gaming (Valmod with Compo pack plus bigger backpack)

Oh...and if he posts back with a better offer, I'll beat it.

Any last words ? :)

Alright Fun Pimps. I'm not sure how closely you are watching these forums...but I need some help. My son and I made a bet about a month ago. This is a serious bet...This involves me having to do his chores and have to play Ark if I don't see proof of the release of Alpha 17 by tomorrow. I have a huge base in 7 Days to Die I've been working on and don't feel like playing some other game. If you could send me a Beta release of Alpha 17 or at least a demo copy of it, I would really appreciate it. I don't care how unstable it is. I will post rave reviews for six months, every day on every site that I can find.

Yes, this is a legitimate offer...

Sincerely,

Darren

P.S. Our 7 Days to Die host is Geek Gaming (Valmod with Compo pack plus bigger backpack)

Oh...and if he posts back with a better offer, I'll beat it.

Well buddy... Time to get your cleaning gloves on because chore time starts tomorrow and they won't do themselves!

Ark... that made me think of something... I'd like it if my character in 7DTD just took random poops while out killen some zombies and looting POIs.

Totally kidding, that is one of the most gimmicky things about Ark. It's only funny once.

Archived