Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I was being as simple as possible in terms of chunk spawning, with how I understand roads are spawned into the map. Adding tunnels and so on like that I think would make things much, much more complicated. :c

Unless you add perhaps.. a 'third road' which ends up being dead end areas of the road, so instead of it being the end of a sewer pipe, it'd end at the closest intersection instead and the rest would be a prefabbed 'tunnel' within the current biome's terrain type.

what you guys think about if every city would have a sewerage system where you can find some extra loot

and as new enemys little mutated sewer rats they are not big but you could get some new infections and you need to treat the infections with special medications

and the other cool thing about sewers would be if you in there at night only with a pistol and a flashlight and then without a warning some zombies appearing oh man that would be so creepy.

I love it, but straight off I can see two problems

1) undermining a city like this would cause SI problems in the buildings above and

2) Madmole has said that they are removing the turds from A17 :rip:

I was being as simple as possible in terms of chunk spawning, with how I understand roads are spawned into the map. Adding tunnels and so on like that I think would make things much, much more complicated. :c

Unless you add perhaps.. a 'third road' which ends up being dead end areas of the road, so instead of it being the end of a sewer pipe, it'd end at the closest intersection instead and the rest would be a prefabbed 'tunnel' within the current biome's terrain type.

Nice. What about the sewage plant though? The sewer system would need to go to one sooner or latter.

Also having the plant next to a river would be realistic.

Also I am sure that you would find zombies there to. Sleepers, walkers and even ones that followed you down, if you didn't close the manhole.

Could make the sewer blocks out of really hard concreate and other strong material so the zombies won't randomly destroy the sewer.

Just farting out ideas I guess, to pass the time. ;x

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25300[/ATTACH]

- - - Updated - - -

Nice. What about the sewage plant though? The sewer system would need to go to one sooner or latter.

Also having the plant next to a river would be realistic.

Also I am sure that you would find zombies there to. Sleepers, walkers and even ones that followed you down, if you didn't close the manhole.

Could make the sewer blocks out of really hard concreate and other strong material so the zombies won't randomly destroy the sewer.

I TOTALLY FORGOT about the Sewage Plant.. if it connected to that somehow, that'd be really.. really awesome.

The PoI I guess would just have a pipe that'd branch out towards the road at the same block depth.. unsure, that's a tricky part since it's a different chunk. That chunk of road might have to belong to the PoI.

Since Monday there have been 201 commits to the project. That is normal. We will be working on all kinds of changes right up until A17e is released.

Depends on what you consider soon to mean. I recently told my wife Christmas will be here soon. That didn't mean next week.

I have about 12 A17e must fix issues assigned to me right now. Even if those were the only tasks left for A17e, it would be difficult to determine how long it would take. In the time it takes to address those issues there will probably be 5 or 10 new issues that come up that have to be fixed. This is an iterative process. Often an issue is fixed and then testers reopen it because there is still a variation of the problem or a new problem. Now apply that process to a dozen different developers and no one can know an exact date. It is all guessing.

Some will say other companies announce dates and release stuff on time. How does that work?

1 Set a date and make simple safe changes that any dummy could do.

2 Set a date and then release regardless of bugs or features being finished. Usually accompanied by a death march.

3 Set a date so far in the future, that you could do it twice over.

4 Say nothing until it is 99% done, then set an easy date weeks or months ahead.

5 Set a date and get lucky!

We could do 4, but that goes against early access transparency.

Like many other game companies, we are employing the it is done when we are happy with it approach.

I find it's a combination of #2. Because games now receive bug patches after a release. Used to be that couldn't happen, so it better be good. Now, they'll release a game, even if bug riddled on day of release, then get a patch out ASAP to fix the bugs. Dear lord, wasn't Skyrim bug riddled on release and still is? Even for big events like dragon fights, there was a boss near end game that'd spawn in dead? There's been quite a few other games too like that. But since it's so normal now, most people just deal with it since they aren't part of the process. Downfall of Early Access, people are part of the process and think they are owed something. Meh.

Yay Im loving this game so far, here is some ideas Ive got.

Ideas storm:

New backpacks (bigger ones or improvable)

New Weather conditions (Like natural disasters)

Meele with you gun? Like "Press "x" to hit a zed with your no ammo gun xD"

Moar vehicles and/or the ability to take someone with you in your bike maybe?

(This is already there in the comments)A button to delete blocks on creative mode

Dye for clothes

More guns variants, like rifles, shotguns, pistols,etc...

Military zombies with actual military loot or something instead of the usual "empty" or "rocket launcher"

Prefab Long external walls, wood, stone, iron, whatever... Long external Doors...

The posibility to choose the size of a Random Gen Map, maybe if your going to play with 3 or 4 buddies you don't needa 50000 km map, its a waste of resources.

More birds fauna? No only the zombie vulture.

Water Flooded zones?

A better more intuitive UI menu, inventory?

A way to make cable management? I mean, they'r so tedious.

But we already have all this with mods

- - - Updated - - -

But we already have all this with mods

and you can change the size of random gen maps

This is such bs on taletells part. They dont want to do anything for the console version but dont want to let go so TFP can. Probably a last ditch effort to make a pretty penny off the series. I play on pc but started on ps4 and know people who still play it there. Bums me out that they may miss out on the improvements made since their last update because taletells crap.

Hopefully it wont hurt pc development, but if it does just long enough they can get this fixed I'd be ok with that. Manly just to give a middle finger to taletell.

At this point, I wonder what rights TellTale had exactly. If it was all future stuff, that's an issue. If it's anything that's just already been done, I'd almost drop it and deal with A17 and forward. There's so much changing as is that even TFP said it's almost like a new game in a way. Yeah, it's sad about what is going on, but I'd rather TFP not have to stress about it much if there's an easy way to just drop it and go. That'd also mean anything that bought on console at that point is all A17 and later, so nothing there for TellTale. The difficult thing would be for those that already bought the game on console... Since it'd be different rights, doubt it could be on the same "game" ...

Concrete tunnels would probably help si.

I believe no matter what, if there's a void in the ground, there's going to be problems.. which is why I suggest the Sewers be strictly under the roads only.. and if you want to have the 'realistic' part, well, all you need to do is add a couple of those pipe blocks poking out of the walls, and that's the 'connection' to the PoI's on the block.

what you guys think about if every city would have a sewerage system where you can find some extra loot

and as new enemys little mutated sewer rats they are not big but you could get some new infections and you need to treat the infections with special medications

and the other cool thing about sewers would be if you in there at night only with a pistol and a flashlight and then without a warning some zombies appearing oh man that would be so creepy.

And now I have something to do in my current vanilla game while waiting for A17E to drop. My current base is at a T intersection on the edge of a medium sized town. All my infrastructure is below ground with a small above ground fighting position for hordes. The stone layer generally mirrors the road, so I can follow the rock and create my own underground path around town with discrete exits to facilitate looting.

Thanks!

For the people still on the Sewer topic..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25301[/ATTACH]

https://imgur.com/a/hKu0TX5

So I made this..

https://imgur.com/a/9Xzurl1

Tried brick..

Banged it out in like.. half an hour or something.. just a quick job with few tossed in aesthetics to get the point across.. ;x

holy, crap, awesome. now just to have really scary zombies in there. Oh.... what if there was an engine room, then shuts off, they hear you, and all are ferals sprinting for you.

- - - Updated - - -

A few days ago.

huh, must of missed that, lol

holy, crap, awesome. now just to have really scary zombies in there. Oh.... what if there was an engine room, then shuts off, they hear you, and all are ferals sprinting for you.

If you check the first link, which has an album of more pictures. You'll see there's like a small storage room, which someone decided to use as a safe house.

He died, because he thought feeding all the oxygen to the bonfire with the door closed was a good idea.

- - - Updated - - -

That is an art collider issue and changing will probably cause AI pathing problems. I see no easy fix.

Can't you just make standing bars have a "+ shaped" clipping skeleton that's transparent, and the model itself be no-clippable?

Or have you made the texture itself also the clipping object? You cannot separate the two?

If you check the first link, which has an album of more pictures. You'll see there's like a small storage room, which someone decided to use as a safe house.

He died, because they thought feeding all the oxygen to the bonfire with the door closed was a good idea.

Lol, didn't realize there was more. And that's grate, what a smart guy. Though being air locked, since he ran out of oxygen, how is he a zombie? O.o

Archived