Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

does we still have 200% gamma setting? it should be lowered down to like 120% max? its easy way to cheat the night visiblity

I would like to see this looked at when they give pvp some well needed love. I know they arent there yet but it would help their game a lot to spend time on that when the base game in finished.

So, I'm really happy to see some attention being given to harvesting (my wife plays this like a farming simulator game), but I'm a little confused by this part:

All harvestable plants are harvested by hitting with free hand instead of using with "e" 11/1/18

So, does that mean you have to have an empty slot on your belt so you can switch to fists to harvest? That seems more clunky than just clicking Use on it. Is there something I'm missing?

So, I'm really happy to see some attention being given to harvesting (my wife plays this like a farming simulator game), but I'm a little confused by this part:

So, does that mean you have to have an empty slot on your belt so you can switch to fists to harvest? That seems more clunky than just clicking Use on it. Is there something I'm missing?

From my understanding, I think so.

I hope they consider adding a 'permanent' free hand slot to the tool belt slots. That way, we'll always have the means to switch to a open hand, if they end up keeping it the way. Instead of needing to remove an item from the slot, if it gets filled up.

I'm also like that they removed the 'E' for harvesting plants though.

The exact mechanism for harvesting is unclear at the moment. In the video where harvesting was shown, Madmole had a knife equipped and said he could harvest with a knife but then switched to a free hand to harvest. The features post was updated by Roland. There’s no way to know who’s correct.

What would be game changing for melee would be to add blocking, pushing, and attacking from different directions with the mouse (which would make the zombies ragdoll in the directions of your hits too). Now that would make melee dynamic and fun as hell. But of course, that takes a lot of work.

What would be game changing for melee would be to add blocking, pushing, and attacking from different directions with the mouse (which would make the zombies ragdoll in the directions of your hits too). Now that would make melee dynamic and fun as hell. But of course, that takes a lot of work.

We can only dream! 2025 goals!

I agree. That would be game changing!

that.. and/or maybe a secondary weapon / shield. I would absolutely love a shield. or dual wielding machetes / clubs. i'd love that

But if anything, MadMole said that seeds are going to be much harder to obtain. So it should take longer for food to become a non issue.

It is just that the process of farming is less tedious

Name things that would add to difficulty in farming that you wouldn't label as "tedious". I don't have any problems with the changes shown so far in farming. I would like it to not be a plant and forget type of thing though. Farming should require some active participation that takes up valuable game time. If it doesn't then eventually it will make food a complete non-issue.

what you guys think about if every city would have a sewerage system where you can find some extra loot

and as new enemys little mutated sewer rats they are not big but you could get some new infections and you need to treat the infections with special medications

and the other cool thing about sewers would be if you in there at night only with a pistol and a flashlight and then without a warning some zombies appearing oh man that would be so creepy.

what you guys think about if every city would have a sewerage system where you can find some extra loot

and as new enemys little mutated sewer rats they are not big but you could get some new infections and you need to treat the infections with special medications

and the other cool thing about sewers would be if you in there at night only with a pistol and a flashlight and then without a warning some zombies appearing oh man that would be so creepy.

They would have to invent a new way how to generate POIs in cities if you would want the sewer system be connected to roads and buildings above in some way. The idea is cool, but with Random Gen worlds I think it would be challenging to say the least. Regarding Navezgane, I think it could be doable, since it could be possible to connect different sewer POI sections together by hand.

They would have to invent a new way how to generate POIs in cities if you would want the sewer system be connected to roads and buildings above in some way. The idea is cool, but with Random Gen worlds I think it would be challenging to say the least. Regarding Navezgane, I think it could be doable, since it could be possible to connect different sewer POI sections together by hand.

Not necessarily, the sewers would likely follow the road in many places. The connections to individual houses are generally too small to squeeze a human through. There are, of course, exceptions to this but it would provide a way of doing sewers while minimizing the risk of collapsing buildings.

Memphis_sewers_1880.jpg

PIMPS, DEVS, anyone. Do you know if this or something like this made it into alpha 17?

:tickled_pink:

I don't think this exact trader will make it, it was concept art. They say new trader are added, and that we might see bus as one of parked vehicle, but this trader seems bit complicated as need lot of new artwork so might not make. But yes I love to see it.

I think this is a great idea and should be doable as The Gronk says. I would really love this. :)

would be a cool dungeon.why would anyone go down there?idk

If you want a sewer system, you could have two different road types which look the exact same in model appearance.

The 'City Road' road would have a pipe shaped space going along the middle of the road roughly.. 5-7 blocks deep, and just go from end to end on all roads, making a mesh. And at every road X intersection there'd be a ladder to climb up with a manhole covering the top.

The Manhole could operate exactly like a Hatch, unlocked, but of course the model would be pixel thin, like the ingame sheet metal.. so it stays flush with the road and doesn't cause collision while driving.

Inside the sewer, it'd have.. maybe half block deep water, new enemy being Zombie Rat.. (Big) and every so often there'd be ledges to one side or dry areas with dead bodies with eskies or sham crates, boxes and bags.. where people tried to hide underground as a means for looting.

That's how I'd do the sewer system. Two road types mainly so all the random gen'ed roads wouldn't have a big ass long pipe going through the desert etc for no reason.

Though I'm sure many people would be using the Sewer System way too much to avoid the Zombies.. that and it's just more work for the poor Pimps.. :f

If you want a sewer system, you could have two different road types which look the exact same in model appearance.

The 'City Road' road would have a pipe shaped space going along the middle of the road roughly.. 5-7 blocks deep, and just go from end to end on all roads, making a mesh. And every so blocks there'd be a ladder to climb up with a manhole covering the top.

The Manhole could operate exactly like a Hatch, unlocked, but of course the model would be pixel thin, like the ingame sheet metal.. so it stays flush with the road and doesn't cause collision while driving.

Inside the sewer, it'd have.. maybe half block deep water, new enemy being Zombie Rat.. (Big) and every so often there'd be ledges to one side or dry areas with dead bodies with eskies or sham crates, boxes and bags.. where people tried to hide underground as a means for looting.

That's how I'd do the sewer system. Two road types mainly so all the random gen'ed roads wouldn't have a big ass long pipe going through the desert etc for no reason.

Though I'm sure many people would be using the Sewer System way too much to avoid the Zombies.. that and it's just more work for the poor Pimps.. :f

I LOVE this idea!

The only thing I would add would be tunnels you have to crouch through that are dug by the rats, so you have branching exploration. Maybe those rats have been hoarding treasures for nest building! :D

But seriously, 10/10 idea right there!

Archived