Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I heard or read some time back that A17e would introduce the ability to set how large an 'alliance' of players could become on a server. i.e. A variable in the serverconfig.xml file.

However, I haven't seen anything official yet. Can anyone confirm?

Roland can you confirm?

Yes, that is normal. We have not just been fixing bugs for a year. Any change can make a bug. Big changes are almost guaranteed to have bugs. Bugs fixes can often make another bug. That is the nature of software development.

A good example is when I worked on sleeper volume code a few weeks ago, I think I found 3-4 bugs during testing after I thought it was done, then the next day I found 1 or 2 more. In many cases you don't see the bugs and then later you or a tester or player find them.

I'm guessing not a lot of OOC in game development. Never done any so I have no clue. Wanted to but never sat down and did it before I stopped coding.

Here are some examples of bugs assigned to me that I don't think need fixing for A17e:

Zombie dogs have a chance of remaining standing on death.

(...)

That is an incomplete bug. Every single zombie/dog/wolf has a chance to die standing, it reverts to idle animation in zds. Wolfs and Dogs stand still in which I also think is their idle animation (I saw that cute wolf's tail moving while standing dead lol).

But they are indeed non critical visual bugs. Or may I say animation/coding beginner's mistake?. We need more flamming in these forums, we dont have enough! Flamming Poll plz. :02.47-tranquillity:

Here are some examples of bugs assigned to me that I don't think need fixing for A17e:

Zombie dogs have a chance of remaining standing on death.

4x4 defies physics when parked on a drawbridge (sometimes works with other vehicles).

Zombie pathing issue through broken style blocks.

If a player logs out of a game whilst on a bicycle etc, the bike will remain uprigh.

Rabbits are digging when idle.

Zombie crawler climbs up into the air.

avoid fight with bear by riding on his back.

There are many more like that. These are cosmetic or would not majorly effect gameplay, so they can wait while important gameplay features or bugs get addressed.

Wait. Rabbits are digging? Are you saying that rabbits can dig holes now?

wow, for over a year, from what you say there are still so many bugs?

Just yesterday I found out that onSelfPrimaryActionEnd isn't firing. Was it broken before? Was it a regression from one of the recent fixes? Who cares? It's needed and now on the list. Just a normal day.

Roland can you confirm?

I for one can’t recall dev discussion of anything like that.

That is an incomplete bug. Every single zombie/dog/wolf has a chance to die standing, it reverts to idle animation in zds. Wolfs and Dogs stand still in which I also think is their idle animation (I saw that cute wolf's tail moving while standing dead lol).

You realize he’s talking about what happens in a build 11 months newer than what you’ve played, right? If you’re referring to a bug you’ve seen in 16.4, you’re welcome to contribute your findings in the bug report section if it’s not yet documented.

<snip>

If you’re referring to a bug you’ve seen in 16.4, you’re welcome to contribute your findings in the bug report section if it’s not yet documented.

Um. So... Hm.

Sooo... It just occurred to me... Probably should have earlier but whatever...

A16 and prior bugs...

Are any of the prior bug reports even still valid? Are reported but unaddressed bugs for A16.4 being considered, at least when possible, to make a use case list for testing?

Cure:

The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch!

Tool tip notes:

And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three. No more. No less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then, lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it."

First thought that came to mind......

Nice! So we can capture a few rabbits and set them to work in our mines, and just go pick up the dug materials!

Who needs companions when we got rabbits to help us mine! Thanks faatal!

:D

You realize he’s talking about what happens in a build 11 months newer than what you’ve played, right? If you’re referring to a bug you’ve seen in 16.4, you’re welcome to contribute your findings in the bug report section if it’s not yet documented.

Yes. Shame on me for correcting an unreleased content issue report. Byased info is fun to spit out, though. I feel better.

Bug fixes confirmed for A17!

Keep on it! I really feel TFP should charge 6000 Duke's tokens for this alpha. The amount of changes is very close to what companies like EA would call "a brand new game ". 15.99 per build feels great also! or my gold watch. A gold watch could certainly pay for A18.

Roland can you confirm?

I'm not sure what you mean by alliance. Do you mean friends? Banding together as a party so that you share xp gains? When you ask how large do you mean number of players or distance from each other?

I think everyone on a server can friend each other or join up as a party. The distance they must maintain with each other in order to share xp from killing zombies is something I haven't been able to experience. It's not across the whole map though. I think you have to be pretty close in proximity.

Yes. Shame on me for correcting an unreleased content issue report. Byased info is fun to spit out, though. I feel better.

Bug fixes confirmed for A17!

Keep on it! I really feel TFP should charge 6000 Duke's tokens for this alpha. The amount of changes is very close to what companies like EA would call "a brand new game ". 15.99 per build feels great also! or my gold watch. A gold watch could certainly pay for A18.

You can get to Gazz easily. He's a potter by trade. Just send him

in a pm and you'll be getting A17 in no time. ;)

Archived