Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

As far as I know the pathing takes into account all blocks regardless of how they got there. They'll likely plow through the snow blocks (pun intended) as they're pretty weak compared to other blocks.

That's what I understand from the discussions on digging zombies a while ago.

Yes. The path grid scanner looks at the colliders and blocks in an area. It does not care how a block got there.

@faatal or Roland

Have there been any changes to the electric system? Will it still cause problems in the sector if too many lights/turrets are in use? I know some a16 servers modded out and or banned power for this reason. I also lost a base or 2 to it.

As far as I know, it is mostly the same. Maybe with some bug fixes.

not a chance.

I'm guessing 3 weeks from the issues that one of TFP listed out.

I see some posts about a bug list. I think the only list posted was some of my minor bugs, that I DID NOT think needed fixing for A17e to be released. That list tells you nothing about when A17e might be released, because those are NOT any of the bugs we are working on.

Please, everyone... read and quote our posts instead of trying to remember what we said.

@Madmole

I see alot of ppl here that are waiting for the game, and some want it NOW (me included)

Can't you just release it now? I know its much more todo for you guys, and it comes with bugs still. But let us see it :)

Im not begging, im asking :)

We are here for a reason, and that is; we love the game and want to get in on it all. we can help with bugreport aswell, and that is a good thing i think.

The thing is, we have a good group of testers who play, chat and give us bug reports everyday. We have enough. More and it just turns into duplication of bug reports and craziness. When A17e is released, then more players are better as we look for the more rare bugs (and fine tune).

I see some posts about a bug list. I think the only list posted was some of my minor bugs, that I DID NOT think needed fixing for A17e to be released. That list tells you nothing about when A17e might be released, because those are NOT any of the bugs we are working on.

Please, everyone... read and quote our posts instead of trying to remember what we said.

Ah I see, my mistake.

Is there a reason that TFP doesn't list the bugs that need to be resolved for A17e to be released?

It would be nice to watch that dwindle down.

Question got lost in the shuffle:

Roland or Faatal: Is there any word on player vending machines? Ill elaborate.. So at least in vanilla in a15/16 if a player was offline more than the basic 7 days not only would their LCB expire but their vending machine would bug out any other player including admins if they got too close to said vending machine and would force the player to the command console. Has this been fixed so that the player(s) do not get stuck and it just makes the machine inoperable?

4x4 truck is best land vehicle, but gyrocopter is more fun (just needs more polish).

Is driving the 4x4 in the woods nearly impossible not to get stuck between trees? Is it better to stay in open areas and on the road when in the woods?

Ah I see, my mistake.

Is there a reason that TFP doesn't list the bugs that need to be resolved for A17e to be released?

Because there is no definitive list yet. Every day the testers and devs find more. A lot of it is refinement that comes from testing. Too slow/fast/strong/weak/whatever.

any hopes of adding VR support rift or vive? would be amazing and was one of the kickstarter goals. I have tried many vr titles and 7DTD would be a great addition ...100+ fps is managable to negate motion sickness and if you do please dont do teleport for movement kinda ruins the feel for a FPS .please please please please lol ...just keep making an already awesome game even better with every update !!!

Ah I see, my mistake.

I imagine it would cause the same type of anguish Roland's smiley meme troll did to some. Imagine some of the people on here as they watch the bug list dwindle-grow-dwindle-grow-grow-getdownto1-grow-etc. People would attach hidden meanings. Concoct crazy release dates. Recalculate release dates. Projections turn to 'promises'. Promises would be broken. Feelings would be hurt. Safe spaces violated. Lives ruined. And then the game would be released. On the same day it would have with or without all the crazy.

4x4 truck is best land vehicle, but gyrocopter is more fun (just needs more polish).

1. Will we build the 4x4 like the mini bike or are we going to find it somewhere on the map?

2. What do we need to build it?

3. Will any of the new vehicles have cargo carrying capability?

4. Will be need to build those to or find them?

Ah I see, my mistake.

99 little bugs in the code

99 little bugs in the code

Take one down, patch it around

117 little bugs in the code

1. Will we build the 4x4 like the mini bike or are we going to find it somewhere on the map?

2. What do we need to build it?

3. Will any of the new vehicles have cargo carrying capability?

4. Will be need to build those to or find them?

This was asked a while ago so things may have changed but check the dev dev diary, fataal has posted some stuff in there about it such as this...

"Bicycle, minibike, motorcycle and 4x4 truck all have recipes to make them and function well. They need some damaging adjustments and storage is not done yet. Should all be in A17. "

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?87756-The-Official-A17-Developer-s-Diary-for-Developers/page40

Archived