Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Telltale has nothing to do with the PC version of 7dtd. The console versions may have a bit more of a delay for the next update but the loss of a publisher isn't a crippling problem. As far as I know Iron Galaxy are doing the code for the console port and they're fine.

Very nice, thanks for the information!:smile-new:

Hello

I'm sorry I do not want to read the last 2000 pages. Is there an appointment for A17? On the Internet you read many rumors even that the A17 will not come at all. An exact date would not be so important ... but what is the approximate time frame? 1 week? 1 month? more?:upset:

It could be 1 week, 1 month or more. Nobody knows. Even The Fun Pimps don't know... So, when it's done!

Okey then we hope the best thanks. On the subject of the rumor mill says that it is not more: Apparently Telltale was probably responsible and they are broke if you can trust the Internet. Can A17 still come after all?

How has this become a thing? i have over 800 comments on my telltale video and maybe only one or two people commented asking if it'll effect pc development. Was there some sort of big video out there that i missed in my researches?

- - - Updated - - -

Telltale has nothing to do with the PC version of 7dtd. The console versions may have a bit more of a delay for the next update but the loss of a publisher isn't a crippling problem. As far as I know Iron Galaxy are doing the code for the console port and they're fine.

Have any proof, references of this. would love to see it. I've been spending days going over posts by devs / moderators and haven't seen a single thing to confirm this. If I'm wrong, please prove it, I would love to be.

Why would Telltale have anything to do with the PC version? There was even an entire thread about it when the console news was first leaked because people were afraid that console development would pull from the PC development, and it was clearly explained that it would not.

Real fast, here is the video from madmole.

"Madmole created a video explaining the PC to console porting process and what to expect going forward in regards to current and future PC features making it over to console." ~Roland

(Source)

You only had to check the sticky thread in the Console section of the forum to find it.

When Will the Console Version Have _______?

You may also have missed finding this thread?

7 Days to Die Console Version Information Thread

Have any proof, references of this. would love to see it. I've been spending days going over posts by devs / moderators and haven't seen a single thing to confirm this. If I'm wrong, please prove it, I would love to be.

Which part?

Iron galaxy are confirmed to be doing the port of 7dtd on consoles...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Galaxy#Ports

A publisher often has very little to do with the actual creation of a work...

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/publishing

TFP hired TellTale to publish on consoles, TellTale didn't hire TFP. Publishers can be easily replaced.

Which part?

Iron galaxy are confirmed to be doing the port of 7dtd on consoles...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Galaxy#Ports

A publisher often has very little to do with the actual creation of a work...

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/publishing

TFP hired TellTale to publish on consoles, TellTale didn't hire TFP. Publishers can be easily replaced.

Actually, Telltale came to TFP with the bid of doing the port. They purchased licensing rights from TFP to do so. No one was hired either way.

Telltale is also a developing publisher. 95% of the games they release, they develop in-house. They are an exception to the rule for publishing houses.

No need for a vote. "Poofing" is not the end product. Those in the future who purchase the finished game will never see zombie poofing or know the temporary pain we suffered during this period of early access where we would witness zombies poofing.

2 of my neices, when they were very young, used to say when someone farted that they "poofed". Now with your statement I can only picture zombies farting.

The last work from the Ukrainian artist Zvenigorodsky and Russian VK fan community Cheburserv.

I think that this picture has the name: a long construction 17 Alpha ))

F3_Qb_E9_U78s_I.jpg

Is there a link to a larger pic of this?

Actually, Telltale came to TFP with the bid of doing the port. They purchased licensing rights from TFP to do so. No one was hired either way.

Telltale is also a developing publisher. 95% of the games they release, they develop in-house. They are an exception to the rule for publishing houses.

Either way I'd bet a lot of money that when TellTale finish their last few projects and finally close their doors the rights will revert back to TFP. There may be a bit of a delay but it's unlikely to kill the console port altogether.

@roland while I like the separate thread about Dev posts did they have to be removed from here to be posted there? Sometimes it is nice to read them in context.

If no, I still think this is a good idea.

I believe they will be moved after a week (or once a week) so they will be available in context for a limited time (under the current plan anyway, this may change).

@roland while I like the separate thread about Dev posts did they have to be removed from here to be posted there? Sometimes it is nice to read them in context.

If no, I still think this is a good idea.

Moving is easier to manage than copying. Copying creates a glut of duplicate posts especially since I will be dealing with more than one staff member.

If you want to experience the interactions of the developers along with all the user reaction, banter, etc. then you’ll have to be more actively reading than once a week.

Clicking on the little arrows near the name of the person a dev quoted will take you back to that part of the discussions thread where you can read about what was being discussed at the time.

Could we get a more detailed account of whats holding update 17 up please? what bugs etc what things aren't finished. Just so I can kind of gauge what's worth waiting for and if I should do something else.

It's worth waiting for and you should do something else. The two are not mutually exclusive.

While you are doing something else the wait is more bearable.

I'm hoping TFP can work something out before TT closes doors. I'm really exited to see the new Unity update for the console.

Completely agree, I have both PC and console and would love to see what extra could be squeezed out feature and performance wise. Having started playing console again I think the zombie AI could benefit from some work. Really looking forward to A17e. Looks unreal from what I have seen so far.

Could we get a more detailed account of whats holding update 17 up please? what bugs etc what things aren't finished. Just so I can kind of gauge what's worth waiting for and if I should do something else.

I’m going to give you the low down.

Alpha 17e could be released today. But if it was people would be REQUIRED to restart every other day or so. They would also have to ignore aspects of the game that are not fully implemented or that are currently under construction (such as Blood Moon night).

They would also have to endure occasional crashes and NREs spamming the console requiring a shutdown of the game.

They would have to play in Navezgane as Random Gen is still under construction.

And finally 99% of the bug reports they would send in would be of already known issues or of unfinished work that isn’t a bug it’s just not finished.

Now, everyone SAYS that they don’t care about that stuff and they just want to help find bugs but the truth is most people just want to play a game that works and they get angry when it doesn’t.

So the owners will determine when the game is to the point that frequent required wipes and restarts are not so frequent as they are now and that the known bugs are mostly fixed so that the reports that come in are actually helpful and not just spam of what they already know.

So when will that be? Any weekend going forward honestly. It’s completely in the minds and hearts of the owners. If I was the owner, I’d have unleashed it already and let you guys burn yourselves out on playing A17 Days 1-10 a couple dozen times by now.

The true owners are kinder than I am.

I’m going to give you the low down.

Alpha 17e could be released today. But if it was people would be REQUIRED to restart every other day or so. They would also have to ignore aspects of the game that are not fully implemented or that are currently under construction (such as Blood Moon night).

They would also have to endure occasional crashes and NREs spamming the console requiring a shutdown of the game.

They would have to play in Navezgane as Random Gen is still under construction.

And finally 99% of the bug reports they would send in would be of already known issues or of unfinished work that isn’t a bug it’s just not finished.

Now, everyone SAYS that they don’t care about that stuff and they just want to help find bugs but the truth is most people just want to play a game that works and they get angry when it doesn’t.

So the owners will determine when the game is to the point that frequent required wipes and restarts are not so frequent as they are now and that the known bugs are mostly fixed so that the reports that come in are actually helpful and not just spam of what they already know.

So when will that be? Any weekend going forward honestly. It’s completely in the minds and hearts of the owners. If I was the owner, I’d have unleashed it already and let you guys burn yourselves out on playing A17 Days 1-10 a couple dozen times by now.

The true owners are kinder than I am.

Having done testing on stuff in that state before (yes, I used to work for a software company, way back in the days of DOS. ;p ),

I could work with that, as long as I had a list of what was known to be broken and/or not finished.

30+ years of TS, so yeah, bit of insanity and masochism here. lol. :crazy::loco::der:

For most people though? It might make it worse, OR it could cause a lot to just shutup.

SEE? We TOLD you it wasn't ready yet. Did you listen? NO!

Now, did you LEARN anything? (one of my dads fav phrases)

heh.

and yeah, I'd release it with the huge caveat and popups of:

Backup your old saves.

Back them up again.

This is gonna break.

Play at your own risk.

etc.

Then, when the whining begins, we'd need a few new emojis. Various cheeses (hinta hinta)

Course, it would make your job busier, but, you'd be giggling yer backside off the entire time. (I would be)

:sneakiness:

Archived