Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Starvation has true seasons, Spring through Winter, configurable in xml. Seasons impact plant growth, animal spawns, rain/snowmelt and temp. Perhaps TFP will take a look at the code at some point and add in something even better.

^ there was a lot of awesome stuff in starvation for sure! seasons, fishing, decorations, zombies, and i loved the rad zone stuff

@faatal , madmole

-snip-

- do diamond deposits and gold ore etc even generate in random gen? We have multiple huge mines on our server and havent found one. But recently the trader for some reason sold 1500 ore for 2 coins each. I'm not sure traders are supposed to sell that.. ? (I'm sure they arent)

-snip

I only play random gen and get diamond deposits at least once on every map playthrough

@- do diamond deposits and gold ore etc even generate in random gen? We have multiple huge mines on our server and havent found one. But recently the trader for some reason sold 1500 ore for 2 coins each. I'm not sure traders are supposed to sell that.. ? (I'm sure they arent)

It could be that someone sold them to trader.

@faatal , madmole

And I'm still sitting hoping for you to reconsider the plans for melee. Having to take a hit to deal one is suicidal.

That is not how it works.

I can still move in, hit and back out without being hit. It is just harder, since the zombies are more reactive and can attack at times they could not attack before.

One question to the more informed members of this forum:

When alpha 17 is released, will the map im playing on be actualized or do i have to start a new map to play alpha 17?

thx 4 ur help!

You will have to start a new map. Many blocks have changed or been replaced. The old map data will not work.

Well I got you beat at 4,877 hours does that mean my opinion matters 4 times as much =P. I would rather them provide a FINISHED product with as much working content as possible. Also for their gold / final edition to be what they entirely hoped and dreamed it would be. If it isn't there is always 7 Days to Die 2 like they keep hinting at if they're too ambitious for 7 Days to Die 1's engine.

Please be patient?

I didnt say my opinion would matter any more or less than anyone else's. All I said is they're slowing down themselfes unnecessarily by reinventing their own features over and over and over. And I'm absolutely patient. Still enjoying the heck out of Alpha 16.4, playing with some comrades almost daily. But there is a difference between justified delays ("We need to fix this first. We need to add this new feature first. We need to optimize this first. We need to polish this first.") and delays just out of a whim ("Oh, so I woke up today and that health system I made happen throughout the last 3 years and kept improving is actually ♥♥♥♥, let me completely redo it because its not like there is plenty of other things still to be added, but why add features if I can redo features that are already there and working fine") ("Oh, the skill tree system that our team worked hard on making it work as optimal as we could... I hate it. Lets redo the whole thing. For the 5th time.")

I don't expect Alpha 17 before christmas and I'm fine with that. But redoing features just for the sake of redoing features has slowed down this game development so much... they won't go gold before 2022.

- - - Updated - - -

That is not how it works.

I can still move in, hit and back out without being hit. It is just harder, since the zombies are more reactive and can attack at times they could not attack before.

Do players hear zombie footsteps now? Also sorry for getting it wrong then. But the way madmole said it in the video "you gotta take one to deal one" was quite clear. Apparently its been changed since or he didnt describe it accurately. No problem. I'd love it to be even more skill based than it already is. As long as its realistic for the zombie to be able at the time when its hitting (unlike A16.4 zombies that hit you while they're falling onto the ground ... because you can swing at a standing player when you fall to the ground lol).

"Hey lets remove zombie looting because that is not at all an integral part of getting brass". Then in the same video "We're not removing zombie looting, they'll drop a sack of loot sometimes". Wat?

- - - Updated - - -

It could be that someone sold them to trader.

Sold Diamond ore to the trader? Not talking about diamonds. Actual deposit blocks. You cant obtain those normally. But the trader sold them. In the default game. No mods.

"Hey lets remove zombie looting because that is not at all an integral part of getting brass". Then in the same video "We're not removing zombie looting, they'll drop a sack of loot sometimes". Wat?

- - - Updated - - -

Sold Diamond ore to the trader? Not talking about diamonds. Actual deposit blocks. You cant obtain those normally. But the trader sold them. In the default game. No mods.

Your game is not as vanilla as you wish to believe.

Ah. The majority argument.

I for one would like a video. Its been, what, 2 months since the last one?

It's been one month, the video was posted on August 26.

I would love a new video, but as SylenThunder said, I prefer that they work on getting A17E ready, plus the guys need a weekend break sometimes, don't you think? :)

Raw diamonds, silver and gold nuggets.

I've never seen deposit blocks at trader at all. You can get them only in creative menu.

The trader in our unmodded game sold 3 stacks of them (1500 total). Also 3 stacks of quite some other items each. It was a bug I'm sure, but what bug in a default game could cause this? I suppose it has to do with how the game calculates the value of what the trader offers.

The trader in our unmodded game sold 3 stacks of them (1500 total). Also 3 stacks of quite some other items each. It was a bug I'm sure, but what bug in a default game could cause this? I suppose it has to do with how the game calculates the value of what the trader offers.

Were you playing online?

To me it sounds like very common hacker behavior. They come in and fabricate (hack and/or dupe) stacks of really expensive items to sell to traders to get infinite Dukes in order to buy other things they want or need.

16.4 still rocks - booted up Nav for the first time in ages and explored Departure.

Had to build better access though!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1527383775

How coincidental - I'm 3/4's of the way through doing the same thing!. Completely lost track of time and was stuck out at Motel Eight for horde night completely unprepared.

Archived