Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I have no plans on changing the sleeper code. So that is done until someone finds a bug.

And I said I thought AI, pathing and vehicles were all good enough for A17e. In your language, they are done. Does that mean I am not working on them? No, they can always be improved and there are still bugs. No employee should be sitting around waiting for others to finish their work.

I can hear it now, "But you should help them with their stuff". Nope, that is not how it works. For small stuff yes. Like I fixed a tiny compile bug that was submitted by another programmer last night. But, as I've said before, each person has knowledge and plans for their systems and new people trying to 'help' often just makes a mess out of it and slows the original person down. Can you imagine Gazz in the middle of balancing hundreds of game values and I come in and start changing parts of it? Cue Gazz smacking me in the head.

Yep - you tend to spend 40% or your time answering questions.

First, I love the changes breaking out the dev diary for DEVS only, Efficient and stuff doesnt get lost in gripes.

Well Done!

So you want EEA (Early Early Access)? We could go one step better with EEEA (Early Early Early Access). We just add a camera behind us and you get to watch us type and move the mouse.

I'd Throw in $100 for a webcam randomly placed at a coder and workstation at The Fun Pimps HQ... :D

It doesn’t. :)

Roland had already made separate threads pulling out many of faatal and Kinyajuu’s posts, which could have given him a head start. But it’s still a matter of finding and selecting which posts to move one by one over the thousands of pages, likely aided by our underpowered search function. All the more reason to appreciate what Roland’s done.

It will affect the discussion here, though, just not directly. Many people don’t come here (as in the last pages of the thread) to read and add to the banter, per se. They come here for news, and end up reading and adding to the banter incidentally. Now more people can get their news from the other thread without seeing all the banter. That was the idea, after all, but it will mean less banter, as people generally don’t respond to what they don’t see. Whether that’s good or bad, I leave up to the reader.

Bummer. Sorry for the extra hassle Roland and thanks doubly! Banter or no Banter, having one thread to sift through for updates is fantastic. I know I personally missed things here in this thread by not checking in daily, sometimes hourly, to make sure I could find where I left off. So that alone makes it, at least to me, an incredibly valuable change.

Thanks again!

Omg... I just saw the shower head.

A SHOWER HEAD!

You guys made the head... of a shower...

*tears of joy*

For all you Prefabbers who made the coolest bathroom until... It was bath only... >.>

THANK YOU! lol

-- edit --

I'm actually more excited about this than AI, Jeeps, and anything else added in A17. lol. And I'm not even mad I feel that way... bahahahaha yaaaaaaay!

Well.. Maybe they shouldn't export everything and eat it themselves once in a while.. ;-)

Edit; just found out my creditcard data was probably skimmed/copied when on our trip in the US. Just got a call from the bank, about a suspicious transaction, which they blocked. No-one was hurt, and I'll get a replacement card.

Anyone with similar experiences (from the US)?

Well.. Maybe they shouldn't export everything and eat it themselves once in a while.. ;-)

Edit; just found out my creditcard data was probably skimmed/copied when on our trip in the US. Just got a call from the bank, about a suspicious transaction, which they blocked. No-one was hurt, and I'll get a replacement card.

Only every member of my family at least once a year. This place is a cesspit these days.

Just admit to her you went to Hooters. Claiming identity theft will just lead to more problems...

Lol xD For that amount I'm sure I could buy a single location of Hooters...

- - - Updated - - -

Only every member of my family at least once a year. This place is a cesspit these days.

Damn.. Seriously? That sounds really bad, man. I mean, I think only about ~10% of all transactions used the chip in my card, but I never thought it would be so easy to skim/copy someones card. I've read that it happens a lot in gas-stations.

Lol xD For that amount I'm sure I could buy a single location of Hooters...

- - - Updated - - -

Damn.. Seriously? That sounds really bad, man. I mean, I think only about ~10% of all transactions used the chip in my card, but I never thought it would be so easy to skim/copy someones card. I've read that it happens a lot in gas-stations.

Definitely not a US-only thing. Happened to my then-gf when we were in Spain and England a few years back. Oddly enough, Italy had the WORST pick-pocketers around Termini. They only got a free punch to the dome. Always inspect the card reader no matter where you are and NEVER use a card that links to real money (ie debit cards).

Got a debit card when they first came out... for nearly 25 years never had a problem with any one of them. Since those new "safer" chip cards were released, I've been hacked three times. In the last year, I've bought all my gas with cash, and haven't had another problem

Omg... I just saw the shower head.

A SHOWER HEAD!

You guys made the head... of a shower...

*tears of joy*

For all you Prefabbers who made the coolest bathroom until... It was bath only... >.>

THANK YOU! lol

-- edit --

I'm actually more excited about this than AI, Jeeps, and anything else added in A17. lol. And I'm not even mad I feel that way... bahahahaha yaaaaaaay!

Yes, but shouldn’t you be more excited that your prefab bathrooms can have bathtubs? That was the more glaring omission to my mind.

Yes, but shouldn’t you be more excited that your prefab bathrooms can have bathtubs? That was the more glaring omission to my mind.

Nah. I could fake a tub easier. Or, at least make every "bathtub" look like a premium spa tub. But for a shower head... Ventilation... That was as good as it got...

Vent.... ilation...

-.-

Totally ruined the atmosphere.

I'm also hoping for one day to get a Faucet+mirror block. So we can, ya know, have mirrors for our sinks. 😜

I'm also hoping for one day to get a Faucet+mirror block. So we can, ya know, have mirrors for our sinks. 😜

That wouldn’t hurt... but you can paint the mirror texture wherever you want now, so you could paint the wall behind the sink to be a mirror. The only thing you can’t do is make it a medicine cabinet.

Did you even open the link? It is data about the top fruits/vegetables BOUGHT in the US, not exported.

That wouldn’t hurt... but you can paint the mirror texture wherever you want now, so you could paint the wall behind the sink to be a mirror. The only thing you can’t do is make it a medicine cabinet.

Yeeeeah. I believe you could do that paint job in A16 too and it was alright. Just no 3D edge's to the mirror. Still...

Shower heads... Ooooh yeeeeah. 🤣

This is the Alpha 17 development discussions thread where you can discuss all matters pertaining to A17 development. You can ask the developers questions and give feedback and share ideas.

Each week all developer responses from the previous week will be moved to the Official A17 Developer Diary for Developers which is a locked thread. In this way discussions between developers and players can happen unimpeded until they run their course and then the comments of the developers can be put in one place for easy reading later.

In addition, updates by other staff members will also be made to the official development diary. We hope that in this way the community can still have an enjoyable time discussing Alpha 17 without diluting the news from the developers.

Best Update Yet!!!! i love this idea becose i had to dig through piels of junk to find the gems but now i can look in one lokation and not miss any of the important stuff

Archived