Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I just hope if they are changing a bunch of stuff they also make carrying items more realistic as well. Hopefully they do away with stacks of items and base everything on item weight or size. That way you could only carry one or two rebar frames on you and nothing else. This would prevent people from hauling around unrealistic amounts or weights of items as they can now. Also the more weight should slow your movement speed down also. This also applies to minibke inventories. Just my thoughts if we want to be more realistic.

Go play Conan Exiles and get back to me. The first mod everyone I know adds is one to get rid of the realistic weight carry and slowdown system.

Go play Conan Exiles and get back to me. The first mod everyone I know adds is one to get rid of the realistic weight carry and slowdown system.

You don't want changes to the weight system, I don't want changes to the Underground system. You said they used mods in Exiles to change the vanilla weight setting, that is exactly what I proposed for people wanting tougher underground. I respect that you don't want weight and size to change your gameplay. Just respect my wish for no underground hazards. Don't tell me to go play another game. You can disagree with me without telling me to get lost to another game. Iv'e played 2534 hoiurs and I've enjoyed every minute and I will keep enjoying it. I may be disappointed in some of the changes but I will roll with the punches before I ever go play Exiles.

I think it would be much easier to just make the temperature increase as you get lower than to go into the complicated oxygen calculations.

Does anyone have reason why it would be less fun?

Except you would have to go really damn deep or be approaching a geothermal pocket for that to happen. On average, the temperature increases by about 25 degrees C for every kilometer of depth (1000 m) The maximum depth in the game is nowhere near even one kilometer in depth.

hey devs, about those trees. you know, the little dead ones that while on the mini bike dont render until you hit it, stoping you dead in your tracks 500,000 times on every trip? could you remove the collision on those? that would be great.

must be something with your game or pc settings/hardware. i see those trees and have enough time to drive around.

That concept is easy enough, but you could just make it a % chance with each rock block, then no data is stored. Maybe add a count or timer, so you don't get them back to back.

Yea with all your buff and cooldowns that have been introduced you could have "bad luck roll" it then could give you a 30 second to X min guarantee of it not happening.

These mobs don't have to be dog level enemies just something to make mining down long shafts with no weapons and no armor not completely risk free.

Just a thought it will make undergound bases atleast as challenging as chopping wood for raised bases.

<snip about making crafting bases dangerous>

I'm fine with the idea behind this; but I think that the limitation of such a base being in a chunk which is not active will make this a no-go. Unless TFP decides to simulate something that happened in an inactive chunk, I don't see a way to do what you say.

I didn't really mean "prevent" bad choice of words on my part. I meant to say make underground life more difficult. I know they don't want to eliminate underground activity, just make it more dangerous/difficult. My bad choice of words.

Those chicks are wearing Batman underwear?

Faatal,Gazz Hypothetical modding ai pathing question

@Faatal,Gazz

I know that you normally do not look at the modder's section,

or at least that is what was posted; real or not doesn't matter.

Can this possibly help with the pathing. From a modders point of

view. First (at the moment) I have no clue how much coding it will

take. That's why im asking. It is simply a thought, if only a bandaid

then, ok. No harm No foul. If not it may resolve some binding issues,

presented to my modding idea, thought,code, gamewise.

:Binary:

Pathing plane has fixed distance.

Spawning distance is out of sensor range of BMHorde AI.

Horde spawn Hard Target is param1="EntityPlayer"

Presently referred to multiple times as GPS Horde.

Players are mobile; Base,storage,Cubbyhole Is relatively stationary.

Single hardtarget moves and has single "Beacon".

The game has a grid available now, the p_storm emitters. "Battleship"

Fully interactive grid sensors, al ready in plce not used in that fashion.

Gnamod primary target "Beacon"

Then incorporate a secondary target, to say a stationary base.

Could code conceptually tie vector3 position from param1="EntityPlayer" to

p_storm emitter. Creating a virtual, adaptive, fully interactive path, to

param1="EntityPlayer". no matter where they are on the map. high or low.

creating a 2d precursor to Legacy pathing plane. And assigning Mobiles, and

{stationaries "lot,building,rocks,trees 0} {pathable area 1}.

Hypothetically it would throw a monkey wrench into decoy bases, Since the

deployed ai entities would split between mobile and base destruction. This

is purely a modding question. :smile-new: Is\will the code be available to do

something like this or is it too far fetched.

Qs0DYh4.jpg

I was told the new update would be out by now? What's up with that?

- - - Updated - - -

The game is broken until they fix this. The game should be a challenge, not something where you have to deliberately create the challenge. A good game forces the challenge upon you. Right now, uou can literally live in safety without ever dealing with zombies. The game needs to provide an actual reason to leave your base outside of sheer boredom. Agriculture, mining, construction, and industry all need a nerf. Those things would be nigh impossible in a real life survival situation, but they are ludicrously easy within this game. Cobblestone wall should be endgame technology, and steel walls are simply OP absurdity. The game should encourage exploration and scavenging as THE means of survival, rather than something you do because you are handicapping yourself.

Honestly, in a real zombie apocalypse, you'd be an IDIOT to go dig a hole and live in it. You'd probably die even without any zombies. The game designers need to make that equally true within this game.

The game designers also need to get away from trying to make super mutant zombies, and just focus on the fact that normal zombies should be terrifying. Just nerf the construction and let the normal zombies become a perpetual threat. Don't make us mod the game to enjoy it.

If they do what you want then they are making someone else mod the game so THEY can enjoy it. Who should the mods cater to?

You couldn't be more wrong about it being nothing more than we have now, right now people can build a base down at bedrock and completely avoid zombies all together which ruins the gaming experience period there are no if's and's or buts about it.

If there is a block level floor set for building bunkers you can still do everything you want to do and accomplish everything you want to but you just wouldn't be able to avoid zombies because they could find you.

You wrote this response without thinking, rebelling against the idea that underground bunkers should be limited in some way, you can say I'm a terrible person for suggesting such a thing all you want but it doesn't change the facts.

I agree this will all change with A17 (hopefully), when the zombies will be able to dig to the player, and you won't be able to hide anywhere on blood moon. I'm just wishing for the underground to become more investing, which managing air supply and the likes would bring.

Unfortunately, for me atleast, what you are suggesting there still won't be anything to do/maintain once you build your underground pit (except repairs if zombies get to you), and I feel it will just be like we have it now (except on blood moon I suppose). Maybe it's because I like micromanagement in games, and there's none of it for the underground dwellers in this game (not yet).

Archived