Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

This was my point entirely. What a few want is not necessarily good for the whole. Why do they feel they have to make underground harder after all this time, but it's still ok to carry 500 rebar frames in your backpack. I understand it's their game and they can do what they want. I am just butthurt that they may change my underground base in the desert where I can dig to bedrock with a stone shovel and curl up in the fetal position and suck my thumb on horde night. :)

Of course, you will never be able to please everyone, but the key is just how many people are affected by each change. Making underground more threatening does not prevent people from building underground bases. Making characters only able to carry two rebar frames at a time just destroys the entire balance of the game (in fact, how are you planning on building underground bases that way?). Like, 100% of the playerbase would be affected. It would alter the pace so much that it'd become a completely different experience, especially considering that time is a big factor in the game!

to be honest an underground air system would be trivial to maintain in most cases and be a non issue thus making underground bases no more difficult then they are now.

if you want a real threat they would need to add some threat you cant control like earthquakes, tunneling zeds(not likely due to pathing), underground poi's like crypts you may encounter while you dig,

they could consider having generators malfunction sometimes and fill a local volume with gas forcing you to repair

or have a forge do a check to see if it has a path to air within a short range. this would only be done once when its placed so not to add load to the server and set a flag called closedspace. if closedspace = true then the forge would fill that space with fumes. the player would need to add an air scruber to clean the air. However this would only add another management item to maintain the base and not really add any difficulty.

adding air quality or flooding doesnt make the game more difficult. it just adds more micro management.

I think the idea of having to having a working generator, fuel source, and the skills required to obtain those makes it have a skill requirement almost in the game before you can reliably attempt to build a bunker.

It isn't necessarily about making it harder, but limiting the ability to do so until later in the game, thus causing an emphasis on the earlier above ground parts of the game.

hey devs, about those trees. you know, the little dead ones that while on the mini bike dont render until you hit it, stoping you dead in your tracks 500,000 times on every trip? could you remove the collision on those? that would be great.

I assume you're talking RWG maps here, in which case this should be fixed as they're pre-generated like Navazgane now.

"The Rocky Mountain maple is mostly in Utah and Arizona while the other is throughout many western and mountain states."

I get what you are saying though. Everyone thinks desert when they think AZ and Joshua trees are desert plants. I just wouldn't trade biomes for plants. I don't set up shop in the snowy biome, but I do like seeing it pop up for a change of scenery/challenge.

Well like you were saying it would be nice if the biomes were determined by the elevation. There's a mod that does that, GNA Mod? Can't remember the name, but it would make more sense and it would get rid of the desert bordering the snow issue. I wouldn't mind seeing a biome selection choice when generating a new random gen map. It would be kind of a fun challenge to have a map only desert or only snow.

hey devs, about those trees. you know, the little dead ones that while on the mini bike dont render until you hit it, stoping you dead in your tracks 500,000 times on every trip? could you remove the collision on those? that would be great.

Until TFP fixes do this:

Go to blocks.xml in data/config and open with notepad. Ctrl f then search treedeadshrub.

Add <property name="Collide" value="melee"/>

with the new physics you should be able to waste them on impact, if you can take down a tree those dead bushes shouldn't be a problem

5:43

He also stated that ziplines were in the game, and behemoths were coming soon... he also said that he was thinking about a July release

And all of those statements have had an announcement canceling them. As yet, we haven't had that with the underground biomes.

Can it change? Sure - but until we hear otherwise, there's no reason to assume it will change.

-A

I think a Halloween release would be cool, though it's not on a Monday so it probably won't happen (Roland said before that TFP would prefer to release on a Monday or Tuesday)

Maybe they will surprise us and release it yesterday!!

Im beginning to think that there isnt even an update!!

COUGHS * VIDEO * COUGHS

And all of those statements have had an announcement canceling them. As yet, we haven't had that with the underground biomes.

Can it change? Sure - but until we hear otherwise, there's no reason to assume it will change.

-A

I kinda feel like they may not be fully cancelled, just not going to be put in right now until they get other stuff figured out which would then make those features easier or better to include. Or well, I know a modder will probably figure it out, I know there are behemoths in Ravenhearst, lol. I could see some modder adding ziplines in A17 once stable with the big modding changes

Archived