Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Another example: Blood moon and wandering hordes don't reliably path to the player, since they spawn too far away, off the path grid and the grid can't get bigger, and I don't think you want them appearing near you, so I'm working on giving them their own grid.

Yeah, way beyond my understanding of how to programme. :-)

Ever played that cult game 'Five nights at Freddies'?

If not, look it up on YouTube to see how much lights mean to a game.

BTW, if you do this, I'm not responsible for your heart attack while watching.

Yep, I've watched a few people on YouTube play it. Not my type of game to play, but fun to watch secondhand while doing other things.

I'm just glad the flickering light is so well done beyond just flickering alone. It dims, the rate at which is flickers and dims is random, etc. I've played too many games where it's literally just off/on on an interval or a slightly random interval. Those just do not work well for any kind of atmosphere. I can see it now, few quick flickers, slow dim out, takes a second then comes on, zombie in your face. Hehehe

Hi everyone

do we know if there will be a stream event this week for Alpha 17?

Probably not. Faatal said there were still some big bugs that needed to be fixed along with one he has that deals with Bloodmoon hordes. And that's just the one he told us so far he alone has. That'd ruin some gameplay right there.

Probably not. Faatal said there were still some big bugs that needed to be fixed along with one he has that deals with Bloodmoon hordes. And that's just the one he told us so far he alone has. That'd ruin some gameplay right there.

Oh, there's something new about the bloodmoon hordes ??

Thanks for posting the light and the news.

Light looked good, well at least half of it anyway. Seemed like about half of it was blocked out for some reason. Would be ok if there was something physical was blocking it. like a wall. But there is nothing there and the light was still blocked.

Thanks for the news to. So we are really going back to Alpha 10? ;)

Oh, there's something new about the bloodmoon hordes ??

By what I know of Faatal's issue is that the Bloodmoon horde spawns outside the AI pathing range he created for the new pathing system, so they will just wander off or not spawn since they are too far out. He is working on it now.

By what I know of Faatal's issue is that the Bloodmoon horde spawns outside the AI pathing range he created for the new pathing system, so they will just wander off or not spawn since they are too far out. He is working on it now.

Thanks! I am very eager to see all these novelties! :02.47-tranquillity:

Thanks Roland that was nicely done. Although lately I find myself wondering which will be out first A17 or Zombiland 2. LOL it doesn't matter which one because I will enjoy them both. Keep up the good work and get an awesome alpha out to play. Thanks to TFP in advance

Thanks Roland that was nicely done. Although lately I find myself wondering which will be out first A17 or Zombiland 2. LOL it doesn't matter which one because I will enjoy them both. Keep up the good work and get an awesome alpha out to play. Thanks to TFP in advance

Lol, would hope this since the movie doesn't even begin production till January

Sound great!

1, . I always wanted to make a game where the threat to survive is so hard humans have no choice but to band together. I look forward to making our pvp awesome, its just not a high priority right now.

I don't think our game has the proper net code and optimizations to currently be a good pvp game. Hopefully as we get closer to gold pvp can be improved. As you must know, 7 days is a very ambitious game. We need to fulfill our promises not your hopes

Dude!

How about a Video SOON, I'm die in over here. The last one was good enough to watch a couple times but I need a new FIX! Come on Pimp Sir, stoke the Hype Train!

PS i though you did pretty good for all the screwing around you did with a fresh start. It's a whole new game again from what i saw.

Archived