Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Just talked to the Huenink Brothers and they said it won't be this weekend starting Sept 7 for sure.

Joel said 0% chance it will be ready this week.

Rick said it would be "overly optimistic to get it out before the end of the month".

They are 100% fixing bugs and making sure all of the features work with each other. They know that the community wants it and they know that it has been longer than a year. They understand the frustration that is out there but they are not going to rush what they are doing.

Tell them that many would rather it be playable than a mess and have no trouble waiting. Some will be babies and whine but they are the ones who would whine if it was released early like they want and have bugs in it. Ignore them and focus on the task at hand, getting the Alpha playable.

I have no problem in waiting longer, I had already remarked to people that it could be Oct before it came out, never know what could pop up when fixing bugs. Now I go with expect Nov and be pleasantly surprised and happy it if it is released in October.

Thanks for the heads up and being honest about it going to be later. Appreciate it and them being honest and letting us know also.

Totally agree with you, I want it playable, not nice looking, messed up, deadly for the wrong reasons, _______ (fill in the blank).

If it is has bugs then all we will hear is the whiny babies complaining about how bad it is and it should have been fixed, when they were the ones wanting it released now.

Everyone knows they secretly have the game PERFECTED and completely bug-free, but they simply aren't releasing it now out of spite, and every time someone here asks for it, they push back releasing it by one more week! lol

But 100% agreed in all seriousness, polish is great, polish polish polish that A17!!!

My only concern is that they are taking all this time and it will still be buggy. Not really a concern per say, because i know it will happen. My concern will be reaction. Even my own, because i have been around since A-6? so I know it will be buggy but it will be more difficult to run into game breaking bugs after this much polish.

I know it will be "experimental" and i know it will break but it will be hard after this long of a wait to run into random map resetting bugs. Not expecting anything to change, just thinking about it... :/

All this talk about months of bug fix after bug fix and i cant keep from expecting a somewhat bug free game.

It won't be bug free, it will still be in Alpha, they are just getting the worst of the bugs that would keep us from playing. Read the description of early access, a work in progress that will have bugs and problems that will be fixed when the game is finished in development and goes into beta to get it polished.

So, it will be buggy, but playable.

I have a question regarding alpha 1-7, Not 17. Is there any place to aquire a legitimate copy of alpha 1 2 3 4 5 6 7, Presteam copies.

I have checked TFP com site all point back here. I personally wish i had bought the alpha earlier, I like the variation and contrast plus I learn

from legacy builds. It is ironic though Im looking for 1 7 while everyone else is looking for 17.

Not that my opinion matters, but honestly I'd rather them release sooner rather than "less buggy" later because you and everyone reading this knows that we, the regular community, will find bugs that will require new patches and probably a map reset. Given that losing progress after waiting over a year for an update is another kick in the nuts, I'd rather get all the bugs found and fixed sooner rather than later. It will absolutely suck when experimental is dropped in another month or whatever, and you have a million people staying up all night to play and then there's a bunch of bugs found by the community... And then patches, map/progression resets and more angry mobs.

Oh well, at least I can focus on work :jaded:

Not that my opinion matters, but honestly I'd rather them release sooner rather than "less buggy" later because you and everyone reading this knows that we, the regular community, will find bugs that will require new patches and probably a map reset. Given that losing progress after waiting over a year for an update is another kick in the nuts, I'd rather get all the bugs found and fixed sooner rather than later. It will absolutely suck when experimental is dropped in another month or whatever, and you have a million people staying up all night to play and then there's a bunch of bugs found by the community... And then patches, map/progression resets and more angry mobs.

yeah make sense more hands faster bugs fixing

I have a question regarding alpha 1-7, Not 17. Is there any place to aquire a legitimate copy of alpha 1 2 3 4 5 6 7, Presteam copies.

I have checked TFP com site all point back here. I personally wish i had bought the alpha earlier, I like the variation and contrast plus I learn

from legacy builds. It is ironic though Im looking for 1 7 while everyone else is looking for 17.

You can do it through Steam, but only certain releases. Unfortunately I don't have Steam here at work to run through the steps, but it's a right-click menu where you can select the version. I'm certain someone else here will have a much better answer but it definitely can be done.

EDIT: You were looking for pre-Steam, I'm sorry. I read it too fast :)

Another forum member already has browbeaten me like this, but thanks for doing it again. Do you want to hear why I dismissed an immigrant in Ireland as a possibility, or just leave this where it is? (Ultimately, I was incorrect, but either way involved assumptions.)

I made the mistake of posting after I read, not knowing someone had responded. Should have paid attention to how many pages back I had started to read. I started reading close to twenty back; if I had used my brain, I would have realized someone would have already answered and not have browbeaten you again.

But they are working on the bugs that are allready known. There is no need for the "community" to find them. Strange way of thinking...

Cheers

Everyone knows they secretly have the game PERFECTED and completely bug-free, but they simply aren't releasing it now out of spite, and every time someone here asks for it, they push back releasing it by one more week! lol

But 100% agreed in all seriousness, polish is great, polish polish polish that A17!!!

There is only one way for you to know that, you are under MM's desk performing.

Heya

just came back because I think yesterday my comments sounded like the "I cannot accept things aren't going to happen like I want". I just wanted to express some frustration related to this waiting, but u know.. as Roland says the devs are aware of it. It may be bad to hear that at some points but do whatever needs to be done, I trust you it's for the better good (is that right?). We will deal with the wait however is needed to, and I guess the only reason I'm so excited for this new release is because, u know, u did a great job with the game so far. There's nothing on the market that get's me nearly as entertained as 7D.

Keep up the good work, we will be here to annoy Roland for as long as needed. :)

Which game are you talking about? 7DTD has been using Unity since umm... as long as I can remember. Certainly for several years now.

I'm sure you know what he means (eg. Unity version).

But there really is no winning is there... Before the update, the forum was hot with posts, asking for the update. You then update (possibly for other reasons aswell), and as soon as there is a little bump, you get negative posts again...

Ahh human ego, it's always me, me, me...

Just remember that I am more important. Very important in fact! Read my posts, and agree! I command you :p

Not that my opinion matters, but honestly I'd rather them release sooner rather than "less buggy" later because you and everyone reading this knows that we, the regular community, will find bugs that will require new patches and probably a map reset....

But they are working on the bugs that are allready known. There is no need for the "community" to find them. Strange way of thinking...

And importantly the known bugs will still be reported by hundreds of players and will cost a lot of time to sort out.

Well good news all, Unity 2018.3 Beta is coming out soon. (https://unity3d.com/unity/roadmap) as they complete almost all development of it.

Hopefully TFP doesn't move to that version for A17, as it drops legacy particles completely and that just means more work converting existing mods, and I don't see any new features that we can live without until Unity 2019.

Just bought The mist survival, hoping I come back =)

I got it, bandits are a pain. Get a secure locker asap. They will steal your stuff out of your house and take parts from your car. Hitting things with your car damages the parts. Faster the speeds, the more item damage.

yeah make sense more hands faster bugs fixing

What? Us finding bugs is not "more hands faster bugs fixing" Releasing the Experimental with known game breaking bugs will just be "thousands of crappy bitching posts about the game is the SuX0Rs and hundreds of legitimate bug reports to wade through on bugs they already know exist." Hence, more work for every developer" Every dev team has its own ideas on what is a "game breaking" bug compared to "well this sucks but we can live with it while testing for other bugs" bug. You don't release, hell sometimes not even to internal testers, when the first list I mentioned exists.

You can do it through Steam, but only certain releases. Unfortunately I don't have Steam here at work to run through the steps, but it's a right-click menu where you can select the version. I'm certain someone else here will have a much better answer but it definitely can be done.

EDIT: You were looking for pre-Steam, I'm sorry. I read it too fast :)

NP I downloaded the vanilla 8 to present, when I first joined. They are on separate TBHD. I have seen youtube vids, some of the legacy, builds were completely different from present. I go to each of the builds i have now to study, differences and some times mimic on 15 and 16. But thank you, for reply.

Archived