Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Pretty sure Gazz is referring to the old day 6 dog horde day (or was it day 5).. been so long can't remember anymore... If he isn't then uh... all hell's breaking loose.

I know. Hence the triple smile. I was trying to mock Gazz because the horde night fits the description and it has been suggested to make it random many times.

- - - -

Video! clap clap clap Video!! clap clap clap Video!!!...

My only concern is that they are taking all this time and it will still be buggy. Not really a concern per say, because i know it will happen. My concern will be reaction. Even my own, because i have been around since A-6? so I know it will be buggy but it will be more difficult to run into game breaking bugs after this much polish.

I know it will be "experimental" and i know it will break but it will be hard after this long of a wait to run into random map resetting bugs. Not expecting anything to change, just thinking about it... :/

All this talk about months of bug fix after bug fix and i cant keep from expecting a somewhat bug free game.

Totally understand where you're coming from. However, you still have to keep in mind that no matter how much testing they do there are limits to how many situations/scenarios they can simulate. The pimps could spend a decade hunting bugs and on release people would still find things they missed. Just a fact of life. Personally I'm just glad they put up with all of us constantly begging/pleading with them for info/release date estimates. Lol. At the end of the day all we can do is wait and hope.

lol

well well my friends, i have made a HITLER VIDEO, for fun, i share with the comunity for enjoy and have fun, maybe we'll forget the bad news for a few moments :smile-new:

It's only a joke, but i get mad for a few minutes when i read the news from Roland XD and i think, let's transmutate this

It's in English, sorry if there are any bad translation, any question of any expresion, i'm open to it jejeje

https://www.captiongenerator.com/1088382/ComiHitler-gets-mad-when-know-about-7dtd-delay

Loved it

well well my friends, i have made a HITLER VIDEO, for fun, i share with the comunity for enjoy and have fun, maybe we'll forget the bad news for a few moments :smile-new:

It's only a joke, but i get mad for a few minutes when i read the news from Roland XD and i think, let's transmutate this

It's in English, sorry if there are any bad translation, any question of any expresion, i'm open to it jejeje

https://www.captiongenerator.com/1088382/ComiHitler-gets-mad-when-know-about-7dtd-delay

ha ha! awesome!!!

2nd hitler vid means second madmole vid surely...

its only logic

Joel said 0% chance it will be ready this week.

They are 100% fixing bugs and making sure all of the features work with each other.

No worries! I just started playing co-op with a bunch of friends who rented a server, and we are quite busy building the greatest horde bunker ever! So take your time, we'll stay totally occupied with alpha 16 until you guys are good and ready with your amazing new features and bug fixes:)

my birthday is october 19, and i take 2 weeks off from work shortly after, i can't imagine a better gift from TFP :)

heh! my birthday is nov 14 and i will be in the latter half of a 2 week fishing holiday :-)

THAT is the best birthday you can have

with your pants no, UNDIES on

My only concern is that they are taking all this time and it will still be buggy. Not really a concern per say, because i know it will happen. My concern will be reaction. Even my own, because i have been around since A-6? so I know it will be buggy but it will be more difficult to run into game breaking bugs after this much polish.

I know it will be "experimental" and i know it will break but it will be hard after this long of a wait to run into random map resetting bugs. Not expecting anything to change, just thinking about it... :/

All this talk about months of bug fix after bug fix and i cant keep from expecting a somewhat bug free game.

Remember A16 experimental and launch? IIRC Joel decided it'd be best to just get it out the door, and there were loads of bugs. Experimental dragged on and on addressing the slew of bugs until they just said ♥♥♥♥ it, and A16 launched with some very impactful bugs (sleeper spawning issues and farming lag off the top of my head) left unaddressed. I would much rather that they significantly thin the list of bugs, which reduces time spent in/alleviates the load of experimental, and, in the end, wait another month than be given an A17 full of joy-killing bugs to play for the next year+. I'm glad to hear they're taking their time.

The impatient in this thread should remember that time is relative and the more of it they spend on this forum complaining about no A17, the longer it'll seem before A17 is out. Set a reminder on your calendar for October 1st, forget about 7DtD 'til then, time will fly and you'll come back to a game in experimental or very nearly.

Remember A16 experimental and launch? IIRC Joel decided it'd be best to just get it out the door, and there were loads of bugs. Experimental dragged on and on addressing the slew of bugs until they just said ♥♥♥♥ it, and A16 launched with some very impactful bugs (sleeper spawning issues and farming lag off the top of my head) left unaddressed. I would much rather that they significantly thin the list of bugs, which reduces time spent in/alleviates the load of experimental, and, in the end, wait another month than be given an A17 full of joy-killing bugs to play for the next year+. I'm glad to hear they're taking their time.

The impatient in this thread should remember that time is relative and the more of it they spend on this forum complaining about no A17, the longer it'll seem before A17 is out. Set a reminder on your calendar for October 1st, forget about 7DtD 'til then, time will fly and you'll come back to a game in experimental or very nearly.

I can't agree more. I also think that they should spend as much time as they need to reduce the backlash as much as possible in regards of game being unstable and buggy.

What as a mod creator I would love though if experimental became available earlier for modding purposes so that SDX could be updated and mod authors including myself could start working on porting the mods over to A17 before the public launch of A17 Experimental.

Dear Joel,

if you look at steam forums (outside of this fan bubble) you find the truth about this game:

- slow development

- gfx polishing

- missing new content

- wasted potential

people thing you should better have invested the money into hiring more devs instead of keeping it for bitches & drugs or whatever...

The rating is down to 63% and still getting worst. Many negative reviews are just true an came from ppl how played 7 days a long time.

Dear Joel,

if you look at steam forums (outside of this fan bubble) you find the truth about this game:

- slow development

- gfx polishing

- missing new content

- wasted potential

people thing you should better have invested the money into hiring more devs instead of keeping it for bitches & drugs or whatever...

The rating is down to 63% and still getting worst. Many negative reviews are just true an came from ppl how played 7 days a long time.

sad story

As a long time player of this game i play it since alpha 1 i want to say this go out get a life don't stay here on a forum and bash in the heads of FP for nothing. Me and 80% of the players don't even read the forum in the first place. So calm down, you all know FP always deliver in big time so chill out. And there are a loat of great mods for this game to keep you all busy until alpha 17 is out. This is what i want to say have all a nice day.

And for FP i give you an ideea for the next alpha don't say anything let's see how this so called fan boys react. Keep the great work.

Er meinte VERSION ... Das sollte dir auch klar sein, war es sicher auch. aber deine Antwort ist ein Inbegriff / Typisch für die Umgehensweise mit Kritikern hier im Forum. Bei anderen Entwicklern (Fataal...) kommt ja wenigstens auch mal eine Information. Bist du überhaupt im Entwicklerteam oder warum ist das von dir nicht zu erwarten ?

i said i will check after 10th Sept. its not still till October . but actually seeing you trash talking about 7dtd like that , saing its fan bubble and stuff, i ll let you know ( politely as i can ) , its not .. and there is fans whining about the game and the development , but NONE said it need money investment ,because a voxel game is at least 2 times harder than normal games , and caring about solving bugs is of course one of there concerns , dont you think they can give you the game and play it with its bugs ? MM had a gamplay with no showstopping bugs . so you can have it , BUT they know you will throw it back at them and say , i dont want this trash game its buggy and you cant develop nothing.. THEY KNOW,,,. :).......:rolleyes:

- - - Updated - - -

As a long time player of this game i play it since alpha 1 i want to say this go out get a life don't stay here on a forum and bash in the heads of FP for nothing. Me and 80% of the players don't even read the forum in the first place. So calm down, you all know FP always deliver in big time so chill out. And there are a loat of great mods for this game to keep you all busy until alpha 17 is out. This is what i want to say have all a nice day.

And for FP i give you an ideea for the next alpha don't say anything let's see how this so called fan boys react. Keep the great work.

i am focusing on losing some wight and improving ma fitness ...MM iam going to get those 6-packs soon :)

You do realize that outside of this forum people are starting to call this game 7 years to release and different variations of that.

And honestly I don't blame them it's only a bit over two more years and that will be the actual truth.

I would have personally jumped ship a long time ago if it were not for the completely superior building system in this game when compared to it's competitors.

To me A17 with it's additions and engine improvements is looking good and I have no other big complains about it other than the removal of backwards running because I like to kite dogs doing so but that is a personal preference.

More building options and more traps is what I personally desire because my games are always about building that impenetrable fortress.

Archived