Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Does anybody realy think A17 will be released before 2019 ? LoL. We heard so many Promises, so many excuses and so many Stories. But there is a Point - and all what you get is frustration.

And Roland told this, and Roland told that ... MM is not able to make one Video a Week (becouse it takes 10 Minutes or so ...).

I thought TFP does a Lot for the Game - but nearly nothing for the comunity ... except funny Emoticons - but this isnt enough.

A frustrated Fan of the Game.

lul, slow down, you're not the only one. Best later than never

From a dev standpoint Early Access is a lot of extra work. They have to put out much more playable code more often than a game developed just in house.

This is an excellent point! I'm waiting on a game right now that chose not to go the EA route. They have a website where they post updates on their work so that the future players see the progress, but nobody is playing the game. Only now, as they near beta, is there anything that can be said to be playable. Compared to the A17 cycle, in that same span of time, all that this other developer did was design characters and the world art.

EA is a whole different ball game.

Does anybody realy think A17 will be released before 2019 ? LoL. We heard so many Promises, so many excuses and so many Stories. But there is a Point - and all what you get is frustration.

And Roland told this, and Roland told that ... MM is not able to make one Video a Week (becouse it takes 10 Minutes or so ...).

I thought TFP does a Lot for the Game - but nearly nothing for the comunity ... except funny Emoticons - but this isnt enough.

Please link to a single promise about A17 by any dev from TFP. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Does anybody realy think A17 will be released before 2019 ? LoL.

I really do. But I could be wrong.

We heard so many Promises,

When? Could you point out a single promise please?

so many excuses

= communication and keeping you in the loop

and so many Stories.

as in?

But there is a Point - and all what you get is frustration.

I get that.

And Roland told this, and Roland told that ...

this and that are so overrated. These and those on the other hand....

MM is not able to make one Video a Week (becouse it takes 10 Minutes or so ...).

His videos are 30+ minutes long....Is MM a time lord or something?

You like the Emoticons and think they're funny? That's all me, Dude. Thanks. ;)

MM is not able to make one Video a Week (becouse it takes 10 Minutes or so ...).

This is particularly impressive since most of his videos in this alpha alone are longer than that. I don't know how he films 20+ minutes of video in less than 10 minutes!

Edit: Ninja'd by Roland.

The rating is down to 63%....... It's still 80%.

He meant the recent reviews (at 64% right now). The overall reviews are at 80% as you said, and those are the ones I look at since the recent one are from a bunch of people upset about the waiting and telling their friends to also give bad reviews... Like that's really gonna help get Alpha 17E released sooner! :upset:

I really do. But I could be wrong.

When? Could you point out a single promise please?

= communication and keeping you in the loop

as in?

I get that.

this and that are so overrated. These and those on the other hand....

His videos are 30+ minutes long....Is MM a time lord or something?

You like the Emoticons and think they're funny? That's all me, Dude. Thanks. ;)

No. MM is not a Time Lord or so. But probably it would be better to make a 10 Minute Video every Week instead of one 30 Minute Video in a long Time Periode ... As you know - the frustration is growing and as other Members here in the Forum also told - there is a Lack of Videos. But anyway. Nothing i could say will change the situation. But the Time Periode between A16 and A17 is far to long as you know. It was also too long between A15 and A16.

So i will check for A17 every 2 Month. But surely i will not wait again for so long for A18.

Just my 2 Cents.

No. MM is not a Time Lord or so. But probably it would be better to make a 10 Minute Video every Week instead of one 30 Minute Video in a long Time Periode ... As you know - the frustration is growing and as other Members here in the Forum also told - there is a Lack Videos. But anyway. Nothin i could say will change the situation. But the Time Periode between A16 and A17 is far to long as you kno. It was also too long between A15 and A16.

So i will check for A17 every 2 Month. But surely i will not wait again for so long for A18.

Just my 2 Cents.

Thanks for your feedback. I agree that shorter than 8 months is ideal. I wish it could have happened that way.

In the past there were updates weekly. Some of us old timers remember FunPimp Friday’s. 1 year between version updates teeders on the verge of abandon ware. Take h1z1 for instance. They were pushing out updates weekly, then it went monthly, then every 3, then 6 and now bam! Abandoned.

Thanks for your feedback. I agree that shorter than 8 months is ideal. I wish it could have happened that way.

One more Thing Roland. You make an fantastic Job here, and Guys like me put all there frustration and send it to you. Thanks that you are so kind and helped to keep me and others calm.

One more Thing Roland. You make an fantastic Job here, and Guys like me put all there frustration and send it to you. Thanks that you are so kind and helped to keep me and others calm.

Agreed! I appreciate all that you do for us and I especially enjoy the messages when you really spell it out for somebody who needs extra explaining. You da man, Roland!

:chuncky:

satisfied XL if I'm being honest

Even if sometimes, things don't go as we're hoping, we can always count on Roland for a smile or a laugh... Great job! (you can show this to Joel and ask for a raise... And you have my blessing!)

- - - Updated - - -

So, where are we at with the Experimental release? Any word yet, I could have missed - I tried going back through the posts, but damn there are a lot.

I think you should read this: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?74084-Developer-Diary-Alpha-17&p=842632&viewfull=1#post842632

I have a question around quests in A17.

If you set up your base in a poi that also happens to be a quest point and it is activated, what happens?

Is your base safe or is it hijacked by the quest.

Each quest has a rally marker at the POI that when activated resets that POI to be ready for the quest. So, yes, all player made changes will be erased if that marker is activated.

Obviously not a feature designed for players with bad etiquette playing MP. However, I’m pretty sure all quests are for level designed POIs so just avoid building in those and you should be fine.

I have a question around quests in A17.

If you set up your base in a poi that also happens to be a quest point and it is activated, what happens?

Is your base safe or is it hijacked by the quest.

I would assume that the bedrolls prevent quests from happening in that poi. For the case in which a player already has a quest in it and a different player places a bedroll, I'd guess the quest happens as normal.

EDIT: Roland beat me to it. Sounds like they should definitely add a check for bedrolls in pois, to prevent resetting player bases made in pois. After all, the whole block upgrade system encourages to settle in pois.

Curious on what "mistakes in the development proces" you mean as they are obvious to you. I actually read the EA agreement i accepted when buying this game and am aware for years now that they could decide to rewrite the whole thing from scratch and still wouldnt break any agreement with me as a customer. So to me its not really obvious. Would you be so kind to share?

Cheers

Well for starters when you decide mid development to rewrite the whole thing from scratch obviously means that mistakes were made concerning the game code in the first place.

And this leads to the next problem which is obviously a lack of clear direction in the development that means a realistic and achievable roadmap within a pre determined time margin.

Now I cannot stress this enough I personally have no real issue with any of this but it is completely ridiculous to think that the development has gone smoothly over the years and that is understandable because tfp after all is an small developer with a single ambitious hit game and they just can't quite handle it.

And there is nothing inherently wrong about that. It would likely help if what is happening was conveyed to the masses in a regular fashion even if it's just news about problems and more problems and maybe even more problems. People understand problems...we all have problems.

Roland,

Figuring that Joel really won't want to do any more videos, could the Question and Answers be started again? There are a lot of questions that members here talk about, wonder about this and that; maybe if he did that once a week it would help. We could have a idea of what is going on, what changes made that can be talked about, let us know what they are working on, bugs being fixed or planned to be fixed.

I know that there is talk here and on the youtubers channels of what to do about glue. Resin from trees, add pine cones and let players pick them up, find them in loot, trip over then in the forest; cook them in a pot in the chem station and skim off the resin, mix charcoal and you have glue. Simplified version of how Native American's made glue. We grow corn, grind it to cornstarch, add water and you have adhesive. Those are just two ways to make glue naturally that we can from what is already in the game.

]Anyhow, the Q&A would help keep the natives from going nuttier than they are.

Archived