Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I have had a few wasteland bases. I have set up shop on top of one of those broken overpasses or moved into a relatively small and easy to secure concrete building on day 1. There is extra challenge in the wasteland with more difficult spawns for sure, but there is equal reward in having so much free access to iron and stone, as well as being able to find concrete buildings to move into

I have done it before too, I just got tired of the zombie hounds. And don't expect to stay up there for bloodmoon any more, after the AI changes.

Oh hell unless you manage to become wealthy living in ignorant bliss you probably don't want to live to be 100 anyway.

My wife is a rare person, she was on TV during her award, she's still locally famous. Do you know what she only talks about that day? That I was waiting for her. She calls me her sun light...

I drink yogurt, because it makes her happy.

Yeah I really feel like this week could be the week, I am crossing my fingers!

I have a gut feeling about that myself. SteamDB shows updates left and right!

Now who's the one with the wishful thinking? Haha. I am!

Christmas is coming early this year, boys :)

You'd have to add upside down log spikes to the outer lips of your roof tops to soften them up as they climbed up and around them to come at you.

Then they would have to make the point the actual dangerous part, not just whichever side is faced up. :)

Get rid of all those flat upside down spike exploits. :p

Would also make lining outer walls useful if such were the case.

Especially when you forget to bring a wrench... (Was that a secret Roland?)

:cocksure:

You know, I have over 1400 hours logged in this game. I thought I knew just about every trick in the book, but never have I thought to take a wrench to a landmine.

P.S. If this a troll post and I get blown up, I will say in advance "Well done!"

I have had a few wasteland bases. I have set up shop on top of one of those broken overpasses or moved into a relatively small and easy to secure concrete building on day 1. There is extra challenge in the wasteland with more difficult spawns for sure, but there is equal reward in having so much free access to iron and stone, as well as being able to find concrete buildings to move into

Me, too; and agreed. And, if your a train person (been a lot of talk recently) there's a couple train prefabs that are very similar and almost make me feel at home...

In the middle of a pond/lake can't get really interesting (fun?) - especially on horde nights. (or Darkness Falls never ending spitters horde nights)

I usually prefer a convergence of several biomes with a little water nearby for my initial simple base. (I don't do extravagant or bedrock, or really high in sky.

First good thing Valve has done in awhile, glad they are helping Linux users out. Especially when each new iteration of Windows gets worse and worse. I miss Windows 7 (my current hardware doesn't agree with it). If anyone every considers Linux, I would recommend Manjaro, Solus, PCLinuxOS, or Linux Mint as the first distro. You can duel boot if you don't want to completely switch over, or put it on a separate drive and boot from grub (or selecting the drive via bios).

If you want to play a lot of steam games, it is probably better to use ubuntu instead because it is the baseline. Other distros may make it necessary to install missing libraries for example.

So you're saying that 2019 has a chance of being the "Year of Linux"?

IMHO 2019 or 2020 has a chance to be the "year of Vulkan". At least for gaming on linux this would be a big step forward.

WHAT THE FK IS WRONG WITH THE SCREAMER xD

like.. the other one looks nice... but the screamer looks like she has these dentist calms in her mouth that exposes your teeth... it looks stupid...

sorry :D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24951[/ATTACH]

Looks like she just did her hair =P

Did you batcomputer fail you? we never could wrench up mines... we could pick them up without a wrench...

so thats awesome^^

There was this bug where you instantly revive in your bed or worst - somewhere in the wilderness , alone and naked. Pimps even added option to choose from. How convinient.

Trolland hits again. What amazes me the most is that people fall for it everytime this rumor comes up again.

I heard that if you use a wrench on one of the zombie dogs, they become robots, AND your pet, and can shoot fricking lazors from their eyeballs.

Can we add a timer to unlimited bed spawning? Changes: The better the bed the better time reductions, with unlimited spawning on said bed or takes damage when you respawn on it. Bedrolls have only a one time use. This would put the other looking beds to good use. As of right now, they're just for looks.

I thought that was zombie bears. No wonder it got so upset when I started wrenching his face.

Yeah, that's just wrong..

Although I heard in A17, If you have a piece of meat in your hand, you can use the [action command] on the Bears and Dogs as a last ditch effort to make them docile, so you can get away from them ;)

Can we add a timer to unlimited bed spawning? Changes: The better the bed the better time reductions, with unlimited spawning on said bed or takes damage when you respawn on it. Bedrolls have only a one time use. This would put the other looking beds to good use. As of right now, they're just for looks.

I kind of like the idea of bedrolls being a useage thing, maybe revive with more hp with better beds. As it is the different beds are just aesthetics

Archived