Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

congrats you are fallen prey to trolland smile traps .heheheheh

i am also a prey , just started a world with my brother to waste some time till A17 drops , the hype killing both of us

EDIT :Roland , if i play dead is dead ,will my chances == or != A16 ;)

I was playing along with it.

Holding off playing, might not even watch the moles vid though watching clunking long in his own game does bring a smile.

Faatal

When I go to a POI and bust through the roof zombies try to go to the door and knock it down. Same when I go throught he door. Most of the time they go to the door and stay there for a little while until I hit them or they sense me.

I assume you mean in A16. Lots of AI code has changed for A17, so that behavior will probably be different.

They are redoing the entire graphics. Roland already stated alpha was 99% done, but everything looked like plastic due to the unity update. So they must redo all graphics to fit the new system.

No. Nothing was ever 99% done. As I said before, lots of code is still being worked on.

Can we add a timer to unlimited bed spawning? Changes: The better the bed the better time reductions, with unlimited spawning on said bed or takes damage when you respawn on it. Bedrolls have only a one time use. This would put the other looking beds to good use. As of right now, they're just for looks.

Hmmm, you are on to something good! How about: The beter the bed you make, the larger the no spawn zone gets!

This way you can make large end game fortresses!

*** Make above ground forts great again!

That is not how it works. Generally the more changes, the more bugs. We didn't stop months ago and fix all the bugs. Many features are still being developed. Experimental will be the time to test and fix bugs. There will be plenty of bugs.

Come on man, don't let your guard downs. Been a developer I don't really agree with you. Though I don't deny that there won't be a bug. But when I recreate some piece of code then it fix all basic bugs we had in past like fix 100s of them and create new 10-20s of them. But these 10-20 are more logic one that were not visible because of previous 100s. That I do understand, but I won't say it is not stable in compare to old one. That is why you rewrite and upgrade it. To be more efficient.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey guys

I made you all a video

hope you enjoy

Nice video.

Come on man, don't let your guard downs. Been a developer I don't really agree with you. Though I don't deny that there won't be a bug. But when I recreate some piece of code then it fix all basic bugs we had in past like fix 100s of them and create new 10-20s of them. But these 10-20 are more logic one that were not visible because of previous 100s. That I do understand, but I won't say it is not stable in compare to old one. That is why you rewrite and upgrade it. To be more efficient.

Then you would also be very aware that a rewrite is different to refactoring the code and will introduce new bugs just the same as new development does.

Does anyone know if the zombie sound have been tweaked for A17? ��

They get new AI, new shader, new vehicle to blow, new building to destroy.. what else those zed wants ?

- - - Updated - - -

Then you would also be very aware that a rewrite is different to refactoring the code and will introduce new bugs just the same as new development does.

I already mention that in very same post you quoted out :).

I think its ok when the bridges fall down sometimes :) It is an old, unnoticed bridge without being taken care of, so it should sometimes fall under players weight.

I had this happen in freaking Navezgane.

'Off' now actually does a simple 3 FPS skybox render at a low intensity, otherwise the world was darker with the new shaders trying to use a black reflection cube. Water looked like gray sludge.

Ewww, gross. Thank you for fixing.

--------------------------------------

Question for the Devs & Roland.

Bicycles. There's either not been a lot of chatter or I missed it about them. Are they going to have storage at all like the mini mike does?

I mean baskets are a thing on some/many bikes. - also I've seen some siiiiick storage on touring bikes. Would it be possible to mod bikes with more storage. (Like with items and such, not fiddling with the XML)

Same question for motorcycles. I know there has been a ton of chatter about jeeps and storage. Don't recall much on these factors for bikes and hogs.

THe motorcycle is one thing I really want, but I also want the bicycle for early game, and for stealth. A motorcycle of that style is notoriously loud, and I don't know if that's being modeled or not. The minibike in A16 says it is quiet or low noise, so I would assume there are plans for some vehicles to be loud.

Also, this may have come about in the past, but are there discussions about trail/bush/Enduro/motocross/dirt bikes besides the mini-bikes? I tend to think of them like a moped, scooter, or Vespa. Not -really- meant for offroad, or terribly fast. A dirt bike is meant for rugged offroad conditions, handling, good speed. Maybe a little storage, but mostly it's meant to handle rough terrain, and do some other sick stuff. It's somewhere in power between a scooter and a big softtail motorcycle.

Would probably be ideal for scouting, and also courier work.

Reflection quality settings got an overhaul today and I added Middle and Ultra quality.

'Off' now actually does a simple 3 FPS skybox render at a low intensity, otherwise the world was darker with the new shaders trying to use a black reflection cube. Water looked like gray sludge.

Yo reflections, I'm really happy for you. I'ma let you finish... But ambient occlusion had one of the best effects of all time!

I don't know where you saw that but the streamers won't get it tomorrow. The best estimate from Roland was in two weeks from now, and general release the next monday. Anyway no official announcement has been made yet so we can't be sure of any release date.

can we pls have the ability to see your base from a long distance like POI most of us would like to see his creation and creativity from distance just think about it it s would be so awesome pls ..

Won't happen unless they redo how distant POIs are handled. Those are static now and generated at the same time as the map. Maybe if they do create a blueprint feature, then the distant model would be updated when a blueprint is saved.

Archived