Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Yeah, that's just wrong..

Although I heard in A17, If you have a piece of meat in your hand, you can use the [action command] on the Bears and Dogs as a last ditch effort to make them docile, so you can get away from them ;)

Just make sure it's not duck meat.

Zombie dogs dont like duck meat... They hate it!

Can we add a timer to unlimited bed spawning? Changes: The better the bed the better time reductions, with unlimited spawning on said bed or takes damage when you respawn on it. Bedrolls have only a one time use. This would put the other looking beds to good use. As of right now, they're just for looks.

You're either thinking of Ark or a mod. Vanilla bedrolls don't have a respawn timer, and have unlimited uses.

-A

Been away for a while and just getting caught up, but it seems like the A17 deploy hype train is starting to warm up the engines. Guess its time to fire up a new session of 7D2D to make sure I have the basics remembered correctly. Think I'll go with always run and crank the difficulty up and see how quickly I fail.

Really looking forward to the new challenges A17 will introduce, as it was when I stopped playing A16 it was because of the lack of challenge. Even with cranked up difficulty it doesn't take more than 2-3 blood moons before you are able to breeze through the worst of the hordes. In my opinion, passive traps are still way too overpowered.

Can we add a timer to unlimited bed spawning? Changes: The better the bed the better time reductions, with unlimited spawning on said bed or takes damage when you respawn on it. Bedrolls have only a one time use. This would put the other looking beds to good use. As of right now, they're just for looks.

I would be okay with this -however- I like using BEDS in my base, cause they look nicer than a bed roll. BUT I also sometimes use a bedroll when im adventuring far from home, so if i die i dont have a super long run back. Now, the rub comes in at, the new bed overrides the old bed.. so when i go back home, i have to either place a crappy bedroll to spawn at home, or destroy and place a new BED. i would love to see a -home- bed and maybe one time use bed rolls being able to work together, some how.

- - - Updated - - -

Dear @Roland,

I felt like you could use something nice from a fan for a change. After all the greif you guys are getting over the A17 release and all. So I baked you a cake.......and it's a zombie...stripper! She's anatomically correct so I hope I'm not gonna get kicked out for this... But here she is:

http://imgur.com/gallery/pgIwXw2

amazing!

Dear @Roland,

I felt like you could use something nice from a fan for a change. After all the greif you guys are getting over the A17 release and all. So I baked you a cake.......and it's a zombie...stripper! She's anatomically correct so I hope I'm not gonna get kicked out for this... But here she is:

Eerie... Nice skills :)

Dear @Roland,

Awesome!

If I may say, she's a little...perkier than the ones I see in the game.

You're either thinking of Ark or a mod. Vanilla bedrolls don't have a respawn timer, and have unlimited uses.

-A

His post wasn't worded very well but I'm pretty sure he was suggesting that they should add a negative effect to bedrolls (one-time respawn) and progressively better beds (old bed, king-sized bed) have shorter respawn timers and unlimited spawning.

Went back a few pages. Didn't find skullpokers original post...

I'm confused :)

Check post number #27418 .

Thanks for telling me, it does look confusing my post, i see, too :)

P.S. No link added for reason, I searched as long as you would :p

It is about The Spider Meme Competition.

Spiders on ceilings as sleepers. You don't even know they're there until you point the flashlight up and they rain down on you. This is like stem cell research. Why aren't we funding this?

I am completely behind this idea, creative spider zombies will add to the freaky town fun times.

His post wasn't worded very well but I'm pretty sure he was suggesting that they should add a negative effect to bedrolls (one-time respawn) and progressively better beds (old bed, king-sized bed) have shorter respawn timers and unlimited spawning.

Ahhh ok. I kind of like this idea!

-A

Roland, i always like on all of my worlds to take it serious to NOT DIE , if i die i will restart the world. I am a survivor and i shouldnt die

So in A 17 how do you classify my words . is it possible?

also can we change the its done when all the issues are solved to something specific ? , TFP must made there minds already and it has became clear for them. sorry if this looks aggressive ,here some smiles :) :) :);)

Roland, i always like on all of my worlds to take it serious to NOT DIE , if i die i will restart the world. I am a survivor and i shouldnt die

So in A 17 how do you classify my words . is it possible?

also can we change the its done when all the issues are solved to something specific ? , TFP must made there minds already and it has became clear for them. sorry if this looks aggressive ,here some smiles :) :) :);)

Whoa whoa whoa, calm down there Akram! Can we please just be civil?

Think the done when its done is there until they have a more definitive time frame

Whoa whoa whoa, calm down there Akram! Can we please just be civil?

Think the done when its done is there until they have a more definitive time frame

I AM CALM!!! ... lol .

i know Roland dont want to appear harsh or others so he asked to add some smiles in statements ,thats why you see 3 smile faces after its done when all issues are resolved :)

I wouldn't mind waking up to news like this. One can hope :)

"New in Alpha 17 - tamable animals.

Any animal in the wildlife around Navezgane can be tamed (1 per. person)

Feed it food (Sandwich, Cooked Foods, Stews) to tame it.

The better the food, and the more you feed it, the better chance you have to successfully tame it.

-Pets only have 1 life.

-Some pets have rare abilities (buffs), such as leaping, growling, scratch, pounding.

-Needs food and water to survive.

-When lost forever gone."

Git R Done!? :D

Decided today was bridge day:

Changed: Bridge open speed to x2 and removed bridge anim delays

Fixed: Bridge disappearing when looking at top

Added: Path area update uses multiblock size (bridge is big)

Added: Path area has a next entry, so a delayed update can happen separately from the current update

Added: Doors do a delayed path area update (bridge anim takes time)

Hey Faatal, thanks for all the recent info. Any chance of (non-destroyed) random gen bridges in the future?

giphy.gif

Mega Powered armor, CONFIRMED for A17!!!

*** At Al's Marine and Beer Hall, if someone touches your beer (or anything) you are allowed to say: "Get away from her, you BITCH!"

LOL :tea:

My wife is a rare person, she was on TV during her award, she's still locally famous. Do you know what she only talks about that day? That I was waiting for her. She calls me her sun light...I drink yogurt, because it makes her happy.

giphy.gif

Archived