Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I know it needs to be done right, but man am I tired of waiting for this one. When did the last experimental drop... has it been over a year now?

A16 early streaming was on June 7, 2017

A16 Experimental was released to all on June 10, 2017

(as posted by Richard Huenink, username: The Fun Pimp)

sooooo only ferals and blood moon hordes dig?? Not any regular zombies on any other day?

That blows. What happened to dogs digging too? Dogs should dig regardless of whats in front of them.

Coughs * VIDEO * Coughs

No. They all dig. It’s just that they have to be able to sense you to get triggered. When zombies don’t sense you they just wander and don’t destroy blocks. Feral and blood moon zombies are just able to sense you with much greater ability

No. They all dig. It’s just that they have to be able to sense you to get triggered. When zombies don’t sense you they just wander and don’t destroy blocks. Feral and blood moon zombies are just able to sense you with much greater ability

ok.....thought it was only a blood moon thing.

General questions Roland:

Overall how do you find the flow of the game now compared to A16-16.4?

Are the wandering hordes actually sensing you now? Or do they still walk on by?

Does the pathing actually make more sense now...more realistic flow?

Do the spider zs actually climb now, instead of feeling up and humping columns?

On a side note... I would like someone to discuss the possibility of giving the bedroll a "NO SPAWN" area of say 20x20x20 when placed. It would make more sense when starting out , because most likely you will take over an existing POI. It would be removed from said POI when you move on and place another bedroll. Immersion wise, it doesn't make sense to clear a building, secure it and then have zombies spawning inside the "safe zone." I thought this was supposed to be the way it was supposed to work...what changed??

MTFGA

I did. Spent a lot of hours with my kids playing A15 and A16.

Been waiting for A17 for a year like the rest of you!

Yeah those developers are taking their sweet time.....Rumor has it the coder is quite a handful too....seems to not know the answers to a lot of questions.

Just cant get good help nowadays.

With the crawlers "swimming" through the spikes, has their turning improved at all? When a walker turns it looks quite natural, but when a crawler turns it looks like they're laying on a turntable. Their centre of rotation is in their stomach somewhere and it looks really weird - is there any chance they could be made to crawl round in a realistic turning circle instead of turning on the spot.

They turn by rotating, which for someone laying down, looks like you said. That has not changed, since additional anims and states would need to be added for that.

@faatal

Just out of curiosity is there plan for water to free flow, I read that you guys worked on animations, I know nothing about programming.. I always wanted to make a base near water and fill a moat, I know that is not great defense, just would like the whole castle thing. Thanks

Hello Faatal, a question I think is not your job, but I want to know if the Alfha 17 will have its translation into Spanish in its early release?

I asked Prime whether the quest dialogues would show in Spanish and he said probably not for release but that localization is planned so probably in one of the 17.x patches.

I would like someone to discuss the possibility of giving the bedroll a "NO SPAWN" area of say 20x20x20 when placed. It would make more sense when starting out , because most likely you will take over an existing POI. It would be removed from said POI when you move on and place another bedroll. Immersion wise, it doesn't make sense to clear a building, secure it and then have zombies spawning inside the "safe zone." I thought this was supposed to be the way it was supposed to work...what changed??

I place a new bedroll on bloodmoons and then back at my base afterwords. Sounds like that could have issues with what you describe. The whole design could use some analysis and there could be bugs in the existing code.

@faatal

Just out of curiosity is there plan for water to free flow, I read that you guys worked on animations, I know nothing about programming.. I always wanted to make a base near water and fill a moat, I know that is not great defense, just would like the whole castle thing. Thanks

I know we would like to improve water block behavior, but no changes for A17.

What did change for A17, is the rendering of water, so it looks better, but acts the same.

I asked Prime whether the quest dialogues would show in Spanish and he said probably not for release but that localization is planned so probably in one of the 17.x patches.

Thank you very much @Faatal and @Roland for the response, we would like to do missions in Spanish and be able to enjoy the game in 98% or 100% when the 17x comes out, it is nice to know that we have your support when translating the game into more languages, many Thank you!

I place a new bedroll on bloodmoons and then back at my base afterwords. Sounds like that could have issues with what you describe. The whole design could use some analysis and there could be bugs in the existing code.

That would be great Faatal….would add to the immersion of securing a bldg./house I thought awhile back, madmole had said that was how it was supposed to be...bedroll stopped the spawning of Zs….I would hope for this to be looked at....A lot of people support the idea of that "safe zone" …...but most just find it annoying that Zs spawn inside a secured area. 20x20x20 or 15x15x15... is I think about the general size of a house/small building POI, that you could safely secure at the beginning of the game with limited resources. I would expect you to be able to stop spawns in a high rise, school, etc by placing a bedroll.

Thanks

Ouch

Hey Roland, Please tell me those flashlights from the screenshot are buy-able/craftable and placeable, they would make the apocolyptic feeling be awesome and not just in someones home, im hoping.

Everytime I see such requests I'm asking myself why not every block in the cm was available to regular players to begin with. (Through crafting or trading I mean) Especially during the no paint days, but even now with so many cool blocks still locked away from normal gameplay.

Okay so who here thinks we will get A17 experimental released on Aug 31 for streamers for maximum viewing since people will be off in the USA for the holiday and a release to players on Sept 3.

I have a feeling they're actually going to avoid the holiday for a release... seeing the release will mean extra work with the first big bugs being discovered, would mean work on the holidays. Pretty sure even TFP may want to have the day off :D

Archived