Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Dev Diary

Sorry Matt that the tone, visuals, theme, mechanics, and now pricing model of the game are so opposite of what you want. I guess things didn’t turn out the way you would have wished. That happens sometimes with early access titles.

22 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

About mods : I give you example : you want immersive mods? here you go. Or Sci fi stuff? no problem. LOTR? here we go.

7DTD : parody only :)

If you want to ask " So... what do you want?" 

check out this video : in short - being more serious not Aliens,demons,lasers or mutants with miniguns

It's clear that you don't know the mod scene for 7 days to die if you think the only mods out there for 7 days to die are parody only mods.  I thought about listing all the ones I can think of off the top of my head, but figured it is a waste of time if this is already what you think of the mods that are currently out there today.

Why is everyone saying there are microtransactions?  A microtransaction is when single items or single item sets or something along those lines are sold.  It is like in modern Assassin's Creed have, where you can buy skins for your horse, for your armor, for your weapons, etc.  These are purchased one skin or skin set at a time.  Those are microtransaction.  A pack of multiple outfits isn't a microtransaction.  Now, I don't think they said how many outfits you would get in the DLC but I would think at least 5 sets and probably cost to 10.  That is a cosmetic DLC, not a microtransaction.

Not only that, but microtransactions are conducted within a game.  A DLC is purchased outside of a game.

Now, if you want to say you don't like cosmetic DLC as well as microtransactions, I'm with you.  I don't like either and I certainly won't pay money for cosmetic items unless maybe if it is a really big pack for a really low price.  But let's not sensationalize things.  Call it what it is... A cosmetic DLC.

7 minutes ago, Riamus said:

Not only that, but microtransactions are conducted within a game.

Depends on the definition. Many consider the horse armor skin of Oblivion the first example of a microtransaction (including Wikipedia which says that MOST examples of microtransactions are conducted in in-game shops). If TFP were selling a single horse armor skin as DLC I would have a hard time explaining what the practical difference would be.

But eventually, as a DLC grows in size there has to be an end to calling it "micro" and it just becomes a small addon that you could buy or not.

Real microtransactions are made for the purpose to lure especially small kids into paying x times of what they payed for the game through **many** small transactions, a single or even a handful of DLCs simply can't do that.

38 minutes ago, meganoth said:

Depends on the definition. Many consider the horse armor skin of Oblivion the first example of a microtransaction (including Wikipedia which says that MOST examples of microtransactions are conducted in in-game shops). If TFP were selling a single horse armor skin as DLC I would have a hard time explaining what the practical difference would be.

But eventually, as a DLC grows in size there has to be an end to calling it "micro" and it just becomes a small addon that you could buy or not.

Real microtransactions are made for the purpose to lure especially small kids into paying x times of what they payed for the game through **many** small transactions, a single or even a handful of DLCs simply can't do that.

Fair enough.  Most are in-have transactions intended to get you to buy something while playing when you are invested in whatever you are doing.  Price is small enough for each item to make it seem cheap so you will buy one, then another, and another, until as you said, they pay many times the cost of the game itself.  And yes, I would agree that if they sold a single outfit as a DLC, I would probably consider it a microtransaction even if sold outside of the game.

Either way, calling a cosmetic DLC a microtransaction is nothing more than sensationalism intended to get a rise out of people.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

11 minutes ago, Riamus said:

Fair enough.  Most are in-have transactions intended to get you to buy something while playing when you are invested in whatever you are doing.  Price is small enough for each item to make it seem cheap so you will buy one, then another, and another, until as you said, they pay many times the cost of the game itself.  And yes, I would agree that if they sold a single outfit as a DLC, I would probably consider it a microtransaction even if sold outside of the game.

Either way, calling a classic DLC a microtransaction is nothing more than sensationalism intended to get a rise out of people.

Huh. Honestly, I always used the word microtransaction just meant any kind of additional purchase, like I call dlcs microtransactions too, but thats just me. And then I call major additions expansions. I haven't thought that much about it, I guess the meaning is different. To me, a cosmetic ingame purchase is pretty much the same thing as a cosmetic dlc, at least in terms of how much I dislike them 😅

Edited by User (see edit history)

6 hours ago, FramFramson said:

They might be described as gamerfluid. 😆

Glad I didn't have a mouthful of coffee.

"Microtransactions" for cosmetics are great; I fully support this.

Store transactions for "keys" to unlock "bonus" chests found in the game, are cringe. Very cringe. Please don't go there.

But it looks like the FunPimps are aiming to do it right. DLC content later, plus potential cosmetic transactions. Assuming the cosmetics are good, the company will get a ton of money from me.

FunPimps: Will the old Alphas be maintained as choices in the Steam Library Beta tab? Would players have the option of loading up A17, or will this be removed with 1.0?

Edited by Laran Mithras (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Laran Mithras said:

FunPimps: Will the old Alphas be maintained as choices in the Steam Library Beta tab? Would players have the option of loading up A17, or will this be removed with 1.0?

From the FAQ

Q: Will I still be able to access older alphas of the game?
A: Yes we will continue to support this on Steam as the Steam policies permit. This will not be a feature in other platforms.

2 hours ago, Laran Mithras said:

Glad I didn't have a mouthful of coffee.

"Microtransactions" for cosmetics are great; I fully support this.

Store transactions for "keys" to unlock "bonus" chests found in the game, are cringe. Very cringe. Please don't go there.

But it looks like the FunPimps are aiming to do it right. DLC content later, plus potential cosmetic transactions. Assuming the cosmetics are good, the company will get a ton of money from me.

I have proudly never purchased a skin or micro transaction in any game, ever.   Substantial DLC/expansion for a reasonable price, sure thats different to me.

That being said.  I love this game so much and have gotten so many hours from it. i'd probably buy skins just to throw more money to the pimps!

18 hours ago, Roland said:

Sorry Matt that the tone, visuals, theme, mechanics, and now pricing model of the game are so opposite of what you want. I guess things didn’t turn out the way you would have wished. That happens sometimes with early access titles.

That's true.  Eh... To be honest with you -  while i complain about new models of guns or armors but you know - this is like complaing of uncle that  his favourite bar in 94's was better that now - after all i like to play 7dtd and even bugs like wrong restarting of this big T5 hospital POI if you play in coop are.... accetable - anygame is perfect and even Factorio have many problems after many years.   Yet Microtransations are just bad thing. Even if it will be just skins.  I realy miss good time of expansion packs - CoD1 UO expansion pack was pretty like COD 2 about changes of gameplay. Or Empire at war. Yeah thing changes like costs but still we had good DLC : The Following fo DL1 , Darknest dungeons ( maybe shieldbreaks is pretty small dlc but added new mechanics enemies too not just character). Or biding of issac dlc or for  call to arms :ostfront,

So i know it's low chance but i hope there will be like 5-10 skins max and will focus on big expansion packs with true content like enemies, weapons, maps etc.  - stuff in Roadmap was actualy known before so ... still there is a chance for packs

18 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

It's clear that you don't know the mod scene for 7 days to die if you think the only mods out there for 7 days to die are parody only mods.  I thought about listing all the ones I can think of off the top of my head, but figured it is a waste of time if this is already what you think of the mods that are currently out there today.

Okay i will shortly review most of big mods  ( well i mentioned in previous post big mods not small mods - some small mods are good but.. are small.)

- parody  that realitisitc

parody that realitisitc

parody that realitisitc

parody that realitisitc

i don't want spam but you see pattern here

With the introduction to a wardrobe system I imagine we can change the look of our armors to other skins eventually? And that the dlc is just for looks and not actually full armor sets with different attributes?

On 4/25/2024 at 11:47 AM, beerfly said:

Remember the old version of RandomGen where the plane dropped the crate in some 100+ block depth of a lake. It was cool. 

I recall those games. Not them being that deep but deep enough I know to get to bottom I would use over half my breath so knew I would die on way up.  In order to get a crate that deep I would dive down and place blocks on top of each other swimming up so fast as I could. Then after dying I would go down and continue where I left off until I got to top of water.

Then I would make ladders, dive down and start placing ladders on those blocks the same way I placed the blocks.

When that was done then I had a fast way down as you could climb down ladders way faster than you could swim down.

in those days you could use doors or other blocks to make air pockets to breathe. all you had to do was make a few doors and walk along the bottom to the crate. just pop a door down and open it.. instant air.  glad that the water in A21 is better than that.. but hopefully they will give it more love in 1.0 and ongoing. 

Edited by spud42 (see edit history)

Just now, Fanatical_Meat said:

Hear me out guys. Kill two birds with one stone and offer jars of water as a dlc. You keep a jar after you drink the water.

Make it at least a 1 liter jar, then it doesn't count as a Mikrotransaction !!