Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Dev Diary

2 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

I mean, not even TFP knows right now.  They may have a goal date they are shooting for, but the next build could change that.

I think when SnowDog asks about something or someone coming, he has something else in mind. (Same thing with any sort of "release".)

10 hours ago, Laz Man said:

I haven't looked too closely but they appear to support dyes like their older versions.  For some reason, I never liked the idea of having a bicycles in the game (maybe the idea of seeing a heavy armored player on one just shatters my immersion lol).  However, that opinion has changed with the new look.  All of the vehicles have more character in them and the visible changes to them when you install mods is "chef's kiss."

Yep, dyes work.

3 hours ago, bdubyah said:

How many more could you need? I can think of a few but at this point I'm fine if they don't add any more. There's also a few I've seen that are damn near the same as others and could probably be removed. This game has a block limit, and us modders are running into it pretty easy these days. The more TFP adds the less room we have. So I'm good with where it's at currently.

TFP: "How many blocks do you guys want?"

Players: Yes.

I know, I know. That joke is extremely overused but hey, I gots to fill in my time until 1.0.

Posted (edited)

The Pimps while making the concept of 7 days to die 10+ years ago Guys, we have semi-vulnerable players in a need of survival apocalypse game (just as us) that is a mix of Fallout series and Walking Dead. Oh, also Minecraft, lets do it voxel based ! 

Us, the players 10+ years after : When is the release date of next version? We want more ! 

Edited by beerfly
Punctuation :) (see edit history)

46 minutes ago, Space4Ace said:

LAZ MAN: Where's the "Smells like fresh 1.0" image you usually post?

I miss that one... It's a classic.

Um someone dropped this off to me just now...

Laz man smells like alpha.jpg

6 minutes ago, Maxley said:

@faatal is the bug where when you collapse a building a lot of the furniture remains floating in the air on the list of bugs to fix?

I won't say it's a bug 

It have to do with a property called stability support 

Some blocks have stability support 

That means doesn't need any block under it to support it 

Don't think that's how it works. Stability support means it can support other blocks. But that shouldn't allow for floating blocks. There are flotation blocks that do allow that I'm pretty sure. I think the issue is things just break a bit when there is a big collapse and the game misses some blocks when doing calculations.

1 hour ago, bdubyah said:

Don't think that's how it works. Stability support means it can support other blocks. But that shouldn't allow for floating blocks. There are flotation blocks that do allow that I'm pretty sure. I think the issue is things just break a bit when there is a big collapse and the game misses some blocks when doing calculations.

Yah, Remove Floating blocks, they just look stupid, I want all fall down! 

Y'know, in all honesty... the current console version should have been delisted from the Playstation Store and the Microsoft store as soon as.. no, right before, 1.0 was announced. It's kind of dishonest to keep it up there, as a lot of folks are buying it now thinking it's 1.0.

Is it up to the customer to do their research first? Yes, of course. Is it scummy to keep the old version up until right before the new game is released? Incredibly.

7 hours ago, bdubyah said:

I was thinking the same thing, that it’s just due to some calculation overload thing. But it Seems to only happen with furniture and other props for me, while all the structural parts of the building completely collapse.

1 hour ago, Old Crow said:

Y'know, in all honesty... the current console version should have been delisted from the Playstation Store and the Microsoft store as soon as.. no, right before, 1.0 was announced. It's kind of dishonest to keep it up there, as a lot of folks are buying it now thinking it's 1.0.

Is it up to the customer to do their research first? Yes, of course. Is it scummy to keep the old version up until right before the new game is released? Incredibly.

IMHO it should have been de-listed like three years ago. At that time I don't believe TFP had the ability to do so though.

11 hours ago, Maxley said:

@faatal is the bug where when you collapse a building a lot of the furniture remains floating in the air on the list of bugs to fix?

If you can reproduce this, I recommend submitting a bug report so we can verify properly.  Click red banner above.

Posted (edited)

I noticed in tonight's dev stream that the farmer set is still bloodied? I was kind of hoping that it would be changed from the previous armor showcase given that its a bit weird that something that can be crafted is pre-bloodied, espescially when most of the other gear is clean.

New poi's look great visually, but honestly, I was hoping there would be less in terms of triggers and scripted stuff. I really hope I'm not punished even more than in a21 for breaking through a random wall or something instead of going through the standard path. I've also noticed bulletproof windows in a large amount of buildings. I think they have more hp than some stone/concrete walls, which I find a bit strange? I don't know glass, so it could make sense, but I'm not sure. Not trying to just be negative, very excited for a lot of the stuff shown on the stream 😅

I also don't mind, but they said 75 poi's, I swear I remember a social media post saying "hundreds". Once again, 75 is a lot, and I don't really feel strongly about this, but they should probably give more accurate figures in promotions, sort of like how in the 1.0 trailer, there were way too many zombies in the streets.

Challenge menu looks pretty cool. I'm excited to get my hands on the game when experimental comes out!

Edited by User (see edit history)

Dev Stream date announcement for 1.0:

Tentative schedule for 1.0::: June 21 streamer weekend starts, June 24 experimental, July 25 stable PC/console release.

This is subject to change, of course.

Posted (edited)

QUICK 1.0 DEVSTREAM PART 2 RECAP

Updated world generation and you can now preview what you are generating:

FssLdHY.jpeg

63GDVwu.jpeg

More character presets preview:
Wu2rYCP.jpeg
Challenges system 2.0
iLeduQx.png

Vehicles can be dyed, and modifications are visible

sWm2XuI.jpeg

dhfGVwe.jpeg

Legendary crafts

1n4ci6c.png
Update includes over 75 new POIs (5 tier 5s, 6 tier 4s) School, Minotaur Theater, Bunker, Football Stadium remake, Skyscrapper... 

The game has a total of 750 aprox.

1nNp7Qg.jpeg

9niiHM2.png

ctPhNml.png

qmvKLC8.png

TVYXD2D.png

ounqGsH.png

Edited by Teteria (see edit history)

Finally got to see the new gyrocopter. Great work on the model guys! I do hope it gets new sounds to match the power of the engine, the same as for the rest of the vehicles.

1 hour ago, Teteria said:

QUICK 1.0 DEVSTREAM PART 2 RECAP

Updated world generation and you can now preview what you are generating:

FssLdHY.jpeg

63GDVwu.jpeg

More character presets preview:
Wu2rYCP.jpeg
Challenges system 2.0
iLeduQx.png

Vehicles can be dyed, and modifications are visible

sWm2XuI.jpeg

dhfGVwe.jpeg

Legendary crafts

1n4ci6c.png
Update includes over 75 new POIs (5 tier 5s, 6 tier 4s) School, Minotaur Theater, Bunker, Football Stadium remake, Skyscrapper... 

The game has a total of 750 aprox.

1nNp7Qg.jpeg

9niiHM2.png

ctPhNml.png

qmvKLC8.png

TVYXD2D.png

ounqGsH.png

Your the man thank yoy

IMA ROCK THIS SET OF ARMOR

Still want overlord!!!

Screenshot_20240607_011436_Chrome~2.jpg

If dev stream 2 is much better than the first one, I expext the third one must be a bomb.

Can't wait to see some gameplay. 

Good job Pimps, thank you for everything 😊