Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Dev Diary

1 hour ago, FramFramson said:

Is that large building slated for demolition in the background new as well? I don't recall seeing it before.

Yes

3 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

New business strip  again

20240518_122345.jpg

20240518_122338.jpg

20240518_122334.jpg

It's called "Bruno's Boulevard" 

On 5/17/2024 at 3:50 AM, Alphabeta110 said:

@faatal Hello, I have a couple of questions. 1. Will the console version have keyboard and mouse support? 2. Will it be possible to change the language in the game itself without reinstalling it by changing the region on the console? 3. What will be the approximate weight of the game on the console.

1. It works for us, so might work for release.

2. I don't know

3. Weight? Like install size? I don't know as each platform builds differently. Maybe 20 to 40 GBs.

6 hours ago, zztong said:

I'm probably mistaken, but if sometimes (1/100, 1/250?) RWG would place dirt or gravel, instead of asphalt, for a road, then the decorations for those alternatives would open up.

We have dirt/gravel roads.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, faatal said:

We have dirt/gravel roads.

Right. What I mean is if you sprinkle in an occasional dirt and gravel block into an otherwise asphalt road then you should see some alternative decorations, like grass, poking up through the road. Maybe you're saying that's already the case, but it reads like you're thinking of other kinds of roads.

5 hours ago, spud42 said:

lf you have biome voxels in the middle of roads , dont you run the risk of a tree growing there?

Good point. Maybe skip the dirt. I don't think trees decorate gravel. Huh, maybe grass does too. heh

Edited by zztong (see edit history)

21 hours ago, tropic said:

I hope to add the function of blocking servers. Some servers use virtual people to make it look lively and force players to pay for items

I wouldn't mind an option to filter the ping similar to days.

For instance I could choose to just see servers that had a max ping of 200.

That would remove a lot of servers I wouldn't join.

21 hours ago, Old Crow said:

Hell, I miss when we could favourite servers.

I thought we could still have favourite servers...

image.png.6522a67b2ead6e311d54748c2d831d1a.png

3 hours ago, Gamida said:

I wouldn't mind an option to filter the ping similar to days.

For instance I could choose to just see servers that had a max ping of 200.

That would remove a lot of servers I wouldn't join.

I thought we could still have favourite servers...

image.png.6522a67b2ead6e311d54748c2d831d1a.png

If it's a server you favorited before, it stays. But you can't fave new ones. They removed that function in A20 for some reason.

4 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

Speaking off. Will navezgane get some updates like the new roads decor like stop lights, 

Cuz random gen at times looks better lmao 

Last Alpha, Perishton received a big update.  We have plans to update the map further on our way to the "Story" update mentioned on the roadmap.  Some of the new POIs will go into Navezgane for 1.0 but the bigger updates will come later.

3 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Last Alpha, Perishton received a big update.  We have plans to update the map further on our way to the "Story" update mentioned on the roadmap.  Some of the new POIs will go into Navezgane for 1.0 but the bigger updates will come later.

Any plans on moving the traders closer to larger settlements within their biomes in Navezgane? Presently their locations are on the remote side and it makes Navezgane the most difficult map to play which might be a zinger for brand new players.

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Roland said:

Any plans on moving the traders closer to larger settlements within their biomes in Navezgane? Presently their locations are on the remote side and it makes Navezgane the most difficult map to play which might be a zinger for brand new players.

The introduction of additional traders wouldn't be unwelcome, either. :) I doubt that's going to happen now though at this stage in development and after the trader specialization updates.

Edit: In my opinion, after playing on Navezgane currently, it's just not designed for modern 7 Days To Die, especially for newer players - it's much more difficult to unlock magazines at a steady rate, you really feel the 60-minute time crunch when you're walking multiple clicks in-between locations, trader quests are often miles away or in the same general area over and over, many POI's (cough, T2 bookstore, cough) are never selected as quests in the first place. A complete redesign of the Navezgane map from the ground up would be nice, but again, 99% chance that's not going to happen.

Edited by MechanicalLens (see edit history)

1 hour ago, MechanicalLens said:

many POI's (cough, T2 bookstore, cough) are never selected as quests in the first place.

This is an issue you can also find on RWG :')

I can't remember a T2 quest done in a bookstore in my thousand hours on this game

Or I'm just really unlucky

5 hours ago, Old Crow said:

If it's a server you favorited before, it stays. But you can't fave new ones. They removed that function in A20 for some reason.

What exactly are those stars in front of a server for?

Asking for someone, that appearantly has not used that existing functionality for years and now spreads incorrect information on a forum.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Roland said:

Tbh I like traders in the deeper woods 

6 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

The introduction of additional traders wouldn't be unwelcome, either. :) I doubt that's going to happen now though at this stage in development and after the trader specialization updates.

Edit: In my opinion, after playing on Navezgane currently, it's just not designed for modern 7 Days To Die, especially for newer players - it's much more difficult to unlock magazines at a steady rate, you really feel the 60-minute time crunch when you're walking multiple clicks in-between locations, trader quests are often miles away or in the same general area over and over, many POI's (cough, T2 bookstore, cough) are never selected as quests in the first place. A complete redesign of the Navezgane map from the ground up would be nice, but again, 99% chance that's not going to happen.

Trader Jimmy is still missing 😢  hope we can find his camp someday laz... ;)

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

On 5/17/2024 at 1:01 AM, POCKET951 said:

So some people have already hinted at it in this thread but in the alpha 22 console demo there is a rare item you can find, and it is a crafting component for quality 6/legendary items.(it was in the items description what it was used for) so I don't know if quality 6 item/legendary items will be ready for 1.0(it would make sense though since I could see it all as part of the new armor system update)

I am excited for quality 6/legendary item crafting to come to the game though, and I think alot of others will be too because I know people on the forums have always asked about Q6 crafting or the possibility of legendary items since they exist in mods like Undead Legacy

Mixed emotions about this (but that is just because I modded Q6 crafting in my game so now I don't have to anymore  😁 ). The thing I am most interested in is how they address Q6 items in loot and traders.  Assuming those drop rates are either significantly nerfed or removed altogether.  I love this mechanic, but if it is still easy to obtain Q6 gear from loot or traders, making the part you need to craft these items as rare diminishes crafting them

7 hours ago, YourMirror said:

Asking for someone, that appearantly has not used that existing functionality for years and now spreads incorrect information on a forum.

Those are what I used to add servers to my favorites list. That is why I wasn't sure what Old Crow was referring to.

Those are servers that I have favorited recently and they have stayed.

I think the only time they disappear for me is if I start up a different version of game I have on computer and go to favorites.

Am thinking all the games I have set up use the same folders for some of the options, like generated worlds etc.

But other than that I thought favorites worked fine.

9 minutes ago, Gamida said:

Those are what I used to add servers to my favorites list. That is why I wasn't sure what Old Crow was referring to.

Those are servers that I have favorited recently and they have stayed.

I think the only time they disappear for me is if I start up a different version of game I have on computer and go to favorites.

Am thinking all the games I have set up use the same folders for some of the options, like generated worlds etc.

But other than that I thought favorites worked fine.

Yes, they work absolutely fine. That has never been removed for "some reason". The question was rhetorical :)

1 hour ago, BFT2020 said:

Mixed emotions about this (but that is just because I modded Q6 crafting in my game so now I don't have to anymore  😁 ). The thing I am most interested in is how they address Q6 items in loot and traders.  Assuming those drop rates are either significantly nerfed or removed altogether.  I love this mechanic, but if it is still easy to obtain Q6 gear from loot or traders, making the part you need to craft these items as rare diminishes crafting them

Given that Q6 of tier 3 items are at best a minimal step up at this point (and sometimes worse...though they may have changed this?  I haven't paid much attention) unless they do something to make Q6 items more worthwhile, it seems a strange mechanic to me.

7 hours ago, YourMirror said:

Wait, those do still work? I kept seeing posts after A20 that said they no longer worked.

I wonder if they plan on adding a larger selection of letters and numbers in various sizes?  Some lowercase letters would be a nice change, as well as some Zombie Deer.

Posted (edited)

Navezgane is a walking simulator. It has aged badly even when compared with PREGEN let alone modern RWG. The problem are Jen, Joel and Bob locations and the east side of the map having no traders. Jen new location is awful, she's literaly in the middle of the map, closer to Bob and Joel than she's of Diersville. same with Bob, he's closer to Jen and Joel than he is of Departure. WTF!. POIs are completely separated off from Joel, which sends you mostly to the annoying as all hell burnt forest where Jen is at 800m away on foot, the burnt forest is honestly annoying as all hell and shouldn't be most of the early game experience. F that place.

Edited by neryandres20 (see edit history)

6 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

Tbh I like traders in the deeper woods 

I think they make more sense along a road distant from a settlement. Why would survivors build next to a big pile of zombies?

I can't deny the Trader being beside, or in, a settlement is convenient for the player and doing missions.

30 minutes ago, zztong said:

I think they make more sense along a road distant from a settlement. Why would survivors build next to a big pile of zombies?

I can't deny the Trader being beside, or in, a settlement is convenient for the player and doing missions.

That reminds me.... we need bigger gore piles please!

They don’t necessarily have to edit trader locations in Navezgane. What they should do,imo, is disable Navezgane until the story is ready. Keep it secret while they update it and add the story elements. In the meantime they should designate the 6k Pregen map as Beginner World so new players can have an easier world they can load up right away. 

3 hours ago, zztong said:

I like it cuz A! I like building deep into the woods and B! 

It reminds me of a frontier trading post being deeper in the woods