Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Dev Diary

42 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

Can't wait to build my tier 6 stone shovel 

I bet you wont take it for granite though, always in the toolbelt, a stones throw from your inventory.  Is it just a rock shovel?.. dammit marie! Its a tier 6 mineral shovel!

On 5/13/2024 at 1:01 PM, AlexsandrDark said:

That very moment when he mixed up the technical assignment and, instead of rotten walking corpses, portrayed hyperactive violent people from a mental hospital.

It’s a strange feeling, I’ve been playing the game since 2017, I haven’t had any complaints other than those related to optimization. Always my favorite version of the game is 16.4. But lately I started to find fault with the game, I don’t like that the zombies are not thin, as if they were just infected, and before that they ate well.

Metro побывало на съёмках "Ходячих мертвецов". Metro

I don't like the fact that they feel pain and react to the blow by grabbing their wounds and screaming in pain. I don't like that the zombies are too colorful when they should be gray like in 16.4A.

7 Days To Die Alpha 17.4 (b4) (32bit) [Early Access] (2016) [RUS|ENG]  Repack DD :: Скачать через торрент Игры Steam GOG 2023-24 г на русском  последняя версия

I don't like their animation; their bodies should fall apart from such movements. I don't like that 7DTD zombies have emotions and start screaming when they see you or get angry when you hit them with a critical hit.
Should we expect any changes to the zombies that will make them more like classic zombies (like those from The Walking Dead)? Or should I immediately start learning modding and try to remake the zombies myself?

I agree that the anims could get some refreshments as well

1 hour ago, doughphunghus said:

I bet you wont take it for granite though, always in the toolbelt, a stones throw from your inventory.  Is it just a rock shovel?.. dammit marie! Its a tier 6 mineral shovel!

Why are you so tuff on me, no need to grind me now about it. Just mine your business!!! 

ROCK

6 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

I will be honest. I would not be surprised if we don't see nearly as much as what we usually get in the developer streams. I imagine they are "all hands on deck" pushing to make certain that the 1.0 release is a solid and complete as it can be. 

That and they spent a good chunk of the A21 dev stream just showing A22 stuff instead. XD

On 5/10/2024 at 4:02 AM, Pinnollo said:

Oh and @faatal with the new streets coming to 1.0, is there any chance that we get grass breaking trough the street in some places and more destroyed asphalt to make it more immersive / realistic? 🙂

RWG road pathing changes is a different system than decorations, so no plans for deco changes like that.

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Alphabeta110 said:

@faatalHello, I have a couple of questions. 1. Will the console version support keyboard and mouse? 2. Will it be possible to change the language in the game itself without reinstalling it by changing the region on the console? 3. What is the approximate weight of the game on the console.

Hello, I have a couple of questions. 1. Will the console version support keyboard and mouse? 2. Will it be possible to change the language in the game itself without reinstalling it by changing the region on the console? 3. What is the approximate weight of the game on the console.

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

16 minutes ago, tropic said:

I hope to add the function of blocking servers. Some servers use virtual people to make it look lively and force players to pay for items

Hell, I miss when we could favourite servers.

17 minutes ago, Alphabeta110 said:

Hello, I have a couple of questions. 1. Will the console version support keyboard and mouse? 2. Will it be possible to change the language in the game itself without reinstalling it by changing the region on the console? 3. What is the approximate weight of the game on the console.

@faatalBy the way, yes, as a console player, I am also interested in this information whether keyboard and mouse support will be provided for a more comfortable game and whether the language change function will be added to the game itself on the console, this will be very useful since the language will not be changed as on a pc after digging into the game files on the console, unless you completely delete the game change the console region and again downloading the game can be problematic for those who have a bad Internet connection

On 4/29/2024 at 7:50 AM, faatal said:

If I could give everyone in the world a million dollars, I would have people complaining it was not enough or they don't want it or don't know what to do with it or I was up to no good.

i promise you i would accept it graciously and be forever thankful and respectful 🙂

12 hours ago, faatal said:

RWG road pathing changes is a different system than decorations, so no plans for deco changes like that.

I'm probably mistaken, but if sometimes (1/100, 1/250?) RWG would place dirt or gravel, instead of asphalt, for a road, then the decorations for those alternatives would open up.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, faatal said:

31 minutes ago, zztong said:

I'm probably mistaken, but if sometimes (1/100, 1/250?) RWG would place dirt or gravel, instead of asphalt, for a road, then the decorations for those alternatives would open up.

Yeah, making it possible for grass to break through the road in places is as easy as having some parts of the road in the splat file be biome instead of asphalt/gravel.  If you put a few biome pixels here and there down the roads, you have chances for the biome decorations to appear in the road.  For forest, that means mostly grass decorations.  For others, you'd get other decorations related to those biomes.  Even if no decorations appear, you still get a patch of biome terrain in the road that makes it look broken up.  This is something that Teragon offers, so I know it does work well and it is easy to do, even by hand.

If added, I'd suggest it be an option in RWG because we've had people using Teragon ask how to disable that so they get solid roads.  So I know some people prefer not having that.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Riamus said:

Yeah, making it possible for grass to break through the road in places is as easy as having some parts of the road in the splat file be biome instead of asphalt/gravel.  If you put a few biome pixels here and there down the roads, you have chances for the biome decorations to appear in the road.  For forest, that means mostly grass decorations.  For others, you'd get other decorations related to those biomes.  Even if no decorations appear, you still get a patch of biome terrain in the road that makes it look broken up.  This is something that Teragon offers, so I know it does work well and it is easy to do, even by hand.

If added, I'd suggest it be an option in RWG because we've had people using Teragon ask how to disable that so they get solid roads.  So I know some people prefer not having that.

lf you have biome voxels in the middle of roads , dont you run the risk of a tree growing there? its bad enough running into all those industructible shopping trollies! lol

43 minutes ago, spud42 said:

lf you have biome voxels in the middle of roads , dont you run the risk of a tree growing there? its bad enough running into all those industructible shopping trollies! lol

It is possible, though I have yet to see it happen in maps I've made with Teragon.  If you keep the percent of biome pixels pretty low, it shouldn't be too likely.  Grass decorations have a much higher chance to spawn than trees, so the risk is low.  As long as it is an option, I think people who want this effect will not mind the small chance of that happening. And those who don't use it will not have to worry about it.