Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Dev Diary

I hope Wandering sleepers are not forgotten forever. It would make a big difference exploring. Is just boring when you know a POI and expect two zombies inside that wardrobe, that 4 zeds droping from the ceiling after passing that door...

If the problem is performance, maybe they can leave it as an option for beefier CPUs, or reduce the number of static zombies

21 hours ago, beerfly said:

Every new update for Windows, MacOS and Linux is released at the same time in Steam. So will 1.0 be. 

Welcome to the forums ! 

Are you doing a party with @DaVegaNL again, talking about hard rock and stuff ? 

No invitation, huh ? 

Ohhh, like the good old times!

You still remember me :)

'Wandering sleepers'?

That describes me pretty well on monday mornings..

Some easy Idea to bring the game to a new level: 

Fog - imagine a toxic fog in the Wasteland. Where you cant see far and you need a mask and a Oxygenbottle to survive. Zombies should then have a, (for example), 20% chance to tear off the connection to the oxygenbottle when hitting you, so you just have a minute left before you suffocate. Im not a programmer but I cant imagine its that hard to create a fog that deals damage and 2 more items to craft. 

Oh and @faatal with the new streets coming to 1.0, is there any chance that we get grass breaking trough the street in some places and more destroyed asphalt to make it more immersive / realistic? 🙂

2 hours ago, Pinnollo said:

Fog - imagine a toxic fog in the Wasteland. Where you cant see far and you need a mask and a Oxygenbottle to survive. Zombies should then have a, (for example), 20% chance to tear off the connection to the oxygenbottle when hitting you, so you just have a minute left before you suffocate. Im not a programmer but I cant imagine its that hard to create a fog that deals damage and 2 more items to craft. 

Toxic Fog / Radiation damage = Potatoe / Potato in my opinion.

The oxigen bottle idea is interesting though, since it would be basically like "going underwater".

2 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

The oxigen bottle idea is interesting though, since it would be basically like "going underwater".

I find 'time limited survival resource' to be a good concept generally. Similar to 'going underwater' as you neatly described the concept.

I'm very hopeful that the weather rework makes the more difficult biomes require a bit more than just 'get the gear and you're fine'. Cold/heat that can only be managed for a period of time without requiring access to a campfire and shelter, or shade and maybe even a water pool, would make the desert and frozen biomes more interesting. There would be an element of gradually pushing in from the temperate borders and constructing shelters, not to mention pushing to complete a quest before your freeze/succumb to heatstroke.

Sure, end game appropriate clothing might still let you run around without a care, but it will be a shame if it's just 'get the right clothing set and forget about weather' from the very beginning.

Radiation kind of behaves this way naturally, I'd think, although maybe you could need something a little rarer than a campfire and a shelter to supplement your anti-rad gear. Craftable consumable drugs seem a natural fit.

2 hours ago, Jost Amman said:
4 hours ago, Pinnollo said:

I would not like Radiation either since you cant see it and its just taking pills against a timer. But a toxic Fog would really affect your experience since you can´t see far, dont know which dangers are nearby, zombies can ripple off your connection to the oxygenbottle, you need to drive slow and carefully.

Imagine beeing on a foggy street, bleeding, 20hp left, searching for a shelter to hide and hearing zombies around you but you dont know where they are. 

3 hours ago, q123 said:

since @madmoles posts are flagged as adult content, I wasn't able to see anything without login into X (and adding my birthday) 😔

So, here are direct links to the original pics for everyone to see:
GNBdpj2WAAEyxQx?format=jpg&name=4096x409
GNBd3rmXUAECW4u?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Love the tires.  :)

42 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

That's because you're connecting from the underworld... bad connection there.

Is underworld and hell same in your comment. Because if it is then should be a great connection from there.

If my wish came true then hell is where all the cable people went who gave me an appointment from 9:00 - 5:00 that made me have to stay in the house all day and then they show up at 4:00

10 minutes ago, Gamida said:

Is underworld and hell same in your comment. Because if it is then should be a great connection from there.

If my wish came true then hell is where all the cable people went who gave me an appointment from 9:00 - 5:00 that made me have to stay in the house all day and then they show up at 4:00

They just wanted you to have a day to relax and take it easy. 😁

11 hours ago, beerfly said:

A tweet from Madmole from couple of days ago, with the new beas :

https://x.com/joelhuenink/status/1788032825662287878

Since they don't seem to work, here y'all!!:

Spoiler

1.thumb.jpg.5ad621252c3caa1c62829c43c2768687.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.b41e5db95a0b6d8a1435edc8d5af161c.jpg

Looks really good, though the screenshots make it look like it's twice the size of the old 4x4 ( as I assume this is the 4x4 ? ). Looks way more secure from a thematic standpoint, too. Loving the detail of the chainlink on the open window! That'll definitely keep (most) zombie limbs out!