Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

YES !!!16.4 !!!

Hola Magoli ! :)

I've been having a glitch/problem on my a16.3 home server (dedi). So I used a16.3 as a base: then installed the compo pack. Now the only thing i've changed is the map size from 10k to 6.5k. If I travel around the map I come up to a glitched road.

The road is there for a while then poof no road, only dirt or clay or whatever was underneath. it is equal height to the road and if I hit anywhere on it block of the "road" appears If I fool around with it a bit, like hitting her en there, the whole server goes wacko on me, I will start falling through the world anywhere i go and chunks wont load at all.

I'm wondering how to fix this ? thx :)

edit: I just did a complete wipe of my game installation and updated a clean install of 16.4 loaded game, then installed compo pack and loaded a game. here is the recurring glitch ive found :

Hola Magoli ! :)

I've been having a glitch/problem on my a16.3 home server (dedi). So I used a16.3 as a base: then installed the compo pack. Now the only thing i've changed is the map size from 10k to 6.5k. If I travel around the map I come up to a glitched road.

The road is there for a while then poof no road, only dirt or clay or whatever was underneath. it is equal height to the road and if I hit anywhere on it block of the "road" appears If I fool around with it a bit, like hitting her en there, the whole server goes wacko on me, I will start falling through the world anywhere i go and chunks wont load at all.

I'm wondering how to fix this ? thx :)

edit: I just did a complete wipe of my game installation and updated a clean install of 16.4 loaded game, then installed compo pack and loaded a game. here is the recurring glitch ive found :

thx for Response

but i think i cant do anything against this. It is hardcoded and belongs to the devs.

This is a well known gameBug since Alpha11 - it belongs to the randomworld-generating-algorythm (esp. Streetgen)

U can find this Issue in almost every vanilla-seed too, and it has nothing to do with my rwgmixer.xml or the COMPOPACK at all

In all tests and seeds i have done in the last 2 years i can tell u the following:

The more u change the default settings in the mixer (cellsize,worldsize,etc...), the more the engine will have problems to do its work well.

In Addiction to that i believe the RWG-generator-engine is still very basicly and poor, but i also believe the devs will work on that before the game goes gold.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hello Everyone, I was wondering if anyone can point me to a mod or xml for the compo pack to generate a massive city, i just need one city for a PUBG type event im trying to play with some friends. Any help will be much appreciated. :D

Tin has a Mixer thread, and I seem to recall seeing a screenshot of a sprawling metropolis, but be fairly warned, your fps will tank.

Alternatively Slaan has Slaanhatten, but I don't think the a16 version is out yet.

Tin has a Mixer thread, and I seem to recall seeing a screenshot of a sprawling metropolis, but be fairly warned, your fps will tank.

Alternatively Slaan has Slaanhatten, but I don't think the a16 version is out yet.

Thanks Guppy, Tin has stopped updating his mod :(

Slaan will be done Before A17 drops i fear, its been a bigger job than he thought.

I have a request for the Prison (I'm not sure if there's multiple prisons: the one with a tunnel underneath). I'd like to see prison doors on the cells instead of just iron bars, and I'd like a sink and oven on the dining area (granted, the last two ones mostly to take advantage of it on Ravenhearst :)).

I'm even willing to do the work, but I have no idea what's expected, how to submit the work, if that's even allowed given license/IP, etc. But I really loved that POI, if only very small things about it could be fixed... :)

Archived