Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

• 2 weeks later...
How bad will A17 mess up the pack? any guesses?

Not sure - As i have saw on the latest vid on the MM-blog there will be a bunch of new blocks and textures - not sure if old block-ID's will move.

If Yes --> i need the editor running in A17. If No --> I also need the editor running in A17 (blink blink Pille :) )

Atm iam not sure if the editor (esp. block-ID-Replacer-tool) will work in A17.

However - most of the CP-Prefabs do need a facelift - thats fact.

I will do a final facelift to all of them WHEN THERE ARE NO BLOCKCHANGES ANYMORE (somewhen about gold)

As far its alpha i just do emergency-repairs and some little details and blockfixes here and there.

If anyone wanna help me getting the prefabs modernized - u pretty welcome !!!

Just grab one of them and modernize it, then post the dl-link in prefabs !!!

Hi,

in the morning i don´t know what to do, so i think

this Prefab is updated. The concrete is changed in ground,

some errors in the houses are fixed, the sheds are usable

and lootable, the stairs are painted, the garden has more fences

and the ceilings are painted. The fixes are decent i think.

This is the fixed version.

https://workupload.com/file/2878XWn

0a5ace-1514616626.jpg

Sleepers, mesh and xml are your turn if you like it.

Hi,

in the morning i don´t know what to do, so i think

this Prefab is updated. The concrete is changed in ground,

some errors in the houses are fixed, the sheds are usable

and lootable, the stairs are painted, the garden has more fences

and the ceilings are painted. The fixes are decent i think.

This is the fixed version.

https://workupload.com/file/2878XWn

0a5ace-1514616626.jpg

Sleepers, mesh and xml are your turn if you like it.

kewl - thank you - I will use it on the next CP-Release

I havent checked it atm but i believe in you :)

I will take care of sleepers,mesh and xml tho

Iam just a littlebit confused: Whats that concrete-surface all about ??? Thats not how its should look like in game on the Pic.

rock on mate

I was not sure.

Therefor i downloaded the newest 29 Compopack and copied it on my

server. The result is the same. The Prefab is insert by bc-import

and looks like you see on my Pics with concrete. Don´t know if

random generation gives other results. Please test it if i am right

or if i must throw my pc out of the window :)

It could be that there is no ground, and the prefab begins with the fence level,

but then there is no woodbase for the garden. (Oh oh my english, ask if you don´t understand what

i mean with the last sentence)

I was not sure.

Therefor i downloaded the newest 29 Compopack and copied it on my

server. The result is the same. The Prefab is insert by bc-import

and looks like you see on my Pics with concrete. Don´t know if

random generation gives other results. Please test it if i am right

or if i must throw my pc out of the window :)

It could be that there is no ground, and the prefab begins with the fence level,

but then there is no woodbase for the garden. (Oh oh my english, ask if you don´t understand what

i mean with the last sentence)

Ah - ok - maybe u have found another bug in the COMPOPACK - I will check Nuketown from CP29 - Its possible that its already broken

OK - i have checked the prefabs (Nuketown from CP29 and yours)

sry - but i guess u screwedup the surface on Layer4 (terrainFiller outside)

For some reason it has changed to PlainsGround now. This means the Prefab has PlainsGround now in every Biome it spawns - even Snow.

To fit in the Prefab perfectly to the Landscape I strongly recommend to use TerrainFiller instead of presetted earth-blocks.

So the prefabs become universal spawnable in every Biome, because the prefabs-surface will be the same surface of the Landscape around :)

The problem continues on Layer5 then.

The presetted Plants and Grasses - The outside decoration (Trees,Plants,Grasses) will be there in all Biomes - even when it is not fitting the scenario.

To avoid this normaly i dont use outside-decorations - better switch on TopSoilDecoration in XML

I hope u understood what i mean and it helped a bit

rock on

Hi,

i have test it.

How do you work on this Prefabs.

If i insert this Prefab with bc all the filler

change in that Block that was there before.

I work in the real world on Prefabs, not in the Editor.

How do you insert the Prefab to work on it without setting all that filler again.

Hi,

next try :)

I hope this Version is better.

With Mesh but no Sleeper.

All the ground i have changed to fillerground.

I don´t like it to build. But the result in random gen is really good.

I have no additional decoration outside inserted. The flowers and the bushes are in the original version.

Heres a Pic of the changed version:

e24371-1514707485.jpg

and this in a random generated world:

692f0c-1514707434.jpg

Heres the new download link:

https://workupload.com/file/nAUkufE

...I love watching the two of you talk to each other in english... :)

Welcome back Mag, and nicely done Top... a lot of the older prefabs could use some loving. =)

Yehs, terrain filler is THE block to use, so that prefabs can be in any biome and still look good. Sure it's ugly to build with in game, but what you can do is build using regular terrain blocks and then swap them out for terrain fillers in the editor. It's a bit of a pain, but not TOO terrible.

Speaking of which, is there any easy way to identify the prefab? It now occurs to me that there might be one I'm not aware of.

u could use the screenshots to find the specific prefab (link is in OP) - or ask me :)

thx guppy - i never was away - just in da underground ;)

happy new year everyone

Not sure - As i have saw on the latest vid on the MM-blog there will be a bunch of new blocks and textures - not sure if old block-ID's will move.

If Yes --> i need the editor running in A17. If No --> I also need the editor running in A17 (blink blink Pille :) )

Atm iam not sure if the editor (esp. block-ID-Replacer-tool) will work in A17.

Happy new year!

I am still trying to push A17 to the back of my mind. So don't bother me. Do you see this thing?

acLBOos.jpg

It's a 'ban undead' button. Don't force me to press it. That's the first and last warning. ;)

Well, the prison in question is named xcostum_Prison(by_Limodur). The question being I have replaced iron bars with prison doors, and added sinks and ovens to the refectory. I also added the same sleeper volumes that Ravenhearst is using (Compo's prison doesn't have any). How does one submit updates? Post links accepted. :) It's impossible that no one has asked this before!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, Magoli, the Space Needle is yours! Great POI! Now make a mod that makes it spin once every hour like the one in Seattle. ;)

Hey, Magoli, how can I get in touch with Limodur? I haven't found his name in the forum, and I believe he might have a more recent version of the Prison.

idk - i think i myself never saw Limodur in forum or anywhere else.

The stuff from Limodur is in the CP since the very first times :)

so i think the newest version is in the current COMPOPACK to find

Hi there! I'm new to using this prefab pack. I'm amused by the ones I've discovered so far, it's definitely made exploring the world more interesting by far! I have a question about the Chernobyl POI, is it booby-trapped? I was exploring it and being very careful not to get too close to the land mines. I found some stairs to a room below the main room (the big one with all the mines) and I got halfway down the stairs when I heard the explosions begin. A chain reaction of explosions caused a complete collapse of the primary building. It would definitely be apropos for a meltdown/collapse to occur, but I was just wondering if it was intentional, or if I was just unlucky?

Hi there! I'm new to using this prefab pack. I'm amused by the ones I've discovered so far, it's definitely made exploring the world more interesting by far! I have a question about the Chernobyl POI, is it booby-trapped? I was exploring it and being very careful not to get too close to the land mines. I found some stairs to a room below the main room (the big one with all the mines) and I got halfway down the stairs when I heard the explosions begin. A chain reaction of explosions caused a complete collapse of the primary building. It would definitely be apropos for a meltdown/collapse to occur, but I was just wondering if it was intentional, or if I was just unlucky?

there are landmines in the basement meltingcapsule and also Sleepers who awakes when u near the area.

So - yes - its kinda boobytrapped ;)

ty for response

• Roland locked this topic

Archived