Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

Did you start a new world or add the pack to an existing one? Afaik the distant terrain is only generated at the beginning, so adding it afterwards may be the culprit?

It was a fresh map. I changed the seed just to test out this pack of prefabs, it did all the generation before i could join the server. Other than that, the prefabs seem to be ok, it's just the annoyance of not being able to see them afar.

We are trying to run a server with the pack installed. What we want to do is keep the entire West half of the map constant, while occasionally deleting all the region files from the East side. When we delete the files, we stop the server, wait one minute, delete both rg files and the corresponding hcd files, wait a minute, and restart the server. While the terrain regenerates properly, player-placed blocks remain. Is there something about the the pack that would be causing this? This works on a pure vanilla world, and the only thing we have added is the pack. Any thoughts?

We are trying to run a server with the pack installed. What we want to do is keep the entire West half of the map constant, while occasionally deleting all the region files from the East side. When we delete the files, we stop the server, wait one minute, delete both rg files and the corresponding hcd files, wait a minute, and restart the server. While the terrain regenerates properly, player-placed blocks remain. Is there something about the the pack that would be causing this? This works on a pure vanilla world, and the only thing we have added is the pack. Any thoughts?

That is an amazing idea. Interesting way of balancing having new stuff without losing players bases.

Anyone know why the NEPA building disappears ( ie you can see it from a distance but when you appraoch it vanishes ) in some towns but not others ?

happens with alot of the prefabs not just the nepa lol. unfort i think it could be a game bug to do with the socket system maybe i could be wrong tho

Anyone know why the NEPA building disappears ( ie you can see it from a distance but whe you appraoch it vanishes ) in some towns but not others ?

It's strange, I played on the test server for the Undead Legacy mod and the NEPA was fine (on seed WalkingDead). I tried using the War of the Walkers Mod with the same seed and the NEPA building disappears upon approach.

Just a bug I noticed that may have something to do with the game rather than the mixer but I don't really know which. Terrain is spreading across roads and is more common the closer i get to the edge of the map. This seems to be just snow and sand. Or is this intended somehow ? It is only an image though as you can run into and under it to follow the road. I made the map on my server pretty big too so maybe that has something to do with it.

So if i want to get loot into all these old empty crates ( explosives, medical, are always empty ) how do i do it ? ( the system seems to have chnaged a bit and i think some older crates are just missing from the xml files.

create a loot list for them. in loot.xml

add items you wish to spawn in these crates

Then add - <property name="LootList" value="##"/> to the block. Remember to add the loot id here also that you created in loot.xml

Thanx yeah I know how to do that but i cant find the blocks for these crates and the other crates have all of this weird cross referencing now.

I think all of the storage boxes that used to have icons on them (and now can be painted) all now point to lootcontainer id="10"

late alpha 14 early alpha 15 they were all seperate items with their own loot list, but sometime in 15, they got pointed to the single loot list, then in 16, there is the single container that can be painted.

So you can either add item groups/items to the container 10 that covers a range of items with some kind of count and probability, or try to recreate the old loot containers (i think they were in the 23-33) but i dont think any prefabs point to the old IDs anymore, so this would be massive amount of editing prefabs to put custom containers in.

I'm new to this mod, so I just need to copy paste the file right, no editing some files because some comment say they edit things because some container is empty. also alpha 16.3 is adding new amazing prefab do this mod replace it and so I won't see them again ?

I'm new to this mod, so I just need to copy paste the file right, no editing some files because some comment say they edit things because some container is empty. also alpha 16.3 is adding new amazing prefab do this mod replace it and so I won't see them again ?

Nope just cut and paste the compo pack prefab into game prefab folder. Swap out the rwgmixer with the compo packs one and your set.

I think all of the storage boxes that used to have icons on them (and now can be painted) all now point to lootcontainer id="10"

late alpha 14 early alpha 15 they were all seperate items with their own loot list, but sometime in 15, they got pointed to the single loot list, then in 16, there is the single container that can be painted.

So you can either add item groups/items to the container 10 that covers a range of items with some kind of count and probability, or try to recreate the old loot containers (i think they were in the 23-33) but i dont think any prefabs point to the old IDs anymore, so this would be massive amount of editing prefabs to put custom containers in.

Thx alot that will help me heaps.

Simply either merge starvation mixer with the cp or vice versa.

You can't merge them. You have to do it manually because starvation changed the XML too. For special boss housings and poi that are needed for later quest etc. The only way now is to look at the changes and compare them manaul

Love, love, love this pack! Keeps the game interesting. I just have a question though, well, maybe a couple questions. If they are stupid questions, I do apologize. I am new to mods & adjusting files. How can I remove some of the prefabs? Also, how can I increase & decrease the amounts of certain prefabs? Thanks so much! Great work!!

I haven't had any problems with the compo pack interfering with any part of Starvation, & I know others who haven't either. I installed it on Starvation A15 & now on Starvation A16 as well & haven't had any problems.

If you just exchange Starvation's rwgmixer with this one, you won't have any "problems" per se, but you will never find Starvation's custom POIs either, most of which are needed to complete quests. The only way to get both those and the compo pack POIS is to merge the changes manually.

Archived