Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

Bahahahahaha lol laz got burned by gupp..... argh dang it so did i lol :-/

Cant rush a work of art...:p

- - - Updated - - -

Hey at the rate TWD seems to introduce communities there will be 46 more builds to add to that list.

Blame TFPs, if they keep adding new building features i will be on version 10.0 of the prison lol...

Blame TFPs, if they keep adding new building features i will be on version 10.0 of the prison lol...

Version 10? Pft. When frames and such get condensed into a picker as opposed to individual blocks by shape, you're gonna getoads of new building materials.

If you want to stop at version 10, better start converting it to bedrock... For everything... :-p

I just found one typo in rwgmixer.xml which cause that pistol shop is not spawning in the game.

Line 466: 			<prefab name="xcostum_pistolpistol_gunshop(by_magoli)" max_count="1" />

just keep that in mind for next update :)

Ah, that reference is for the newly improved pistol shop. Double the pistols or your money back :p

I just found one typo in rwgmixer.xml which cause that pistol shop is not spawning in the game.

Line 466: 			<prefab name="xcostum_pistolpistol_gunshop(by_magoli)" max_count="1" />

just keep that in mind for next update :)

No, on the latest CP, I have:

<prefab name="xcostum_pistol_gunshop(by_magoli)" max_count="1" />
for line 466

Hey Mag? Did you recreate any meshes in this latest Compo pack using A16.3 DLL's? I just noticed I'm having problems getting meshes to work when creating new meshes. Went back and found all the meshes I created using A16.3 aren't working....

Don't know if it's an A16.3 specific issue. Meshes were definitely fine in A16.2. Still trying to track it all down and confirm if I'm having an individual problem or if it's a general A16.3 issue.

Hey Mag? Did you recreate any meshes in this latest Compo pack using A16.3 DLL's? I just noticed I'm having problems getting meshes to work when creating new meshes. Went back and found all the meshes I created using A16.3 aren't working....

Don't know if it's an A16.3 specific issue. Meshes were definitely fine in A16.2. Still trying to track it all down and confirm if I'm having an individual problem or if it's a general A16.3 issue.

i have done 2 new meshes in a16.3 (Chernobyl and Asylum)

And all both are working fine now

i have done 2 new meshes in a16.3 (Chernobyl and Asylum)

And all both are working fine now

You're using Hal's mod and empty world to generate them?

Sooo... strange. I've reinstalled, reapplied Hal's Mod, on A16.3, and I cannot, for the life of me, get my prefabs to generate a mesh.

Load up an empty world using Hal's Mod.

bbb rp

bbb ee

prefab load prefabname

prefab simplify

prefab combine

prefab export

Mesh gets exported. But the mesh isn't showing up when I generate a new world.

Deleted the mesh file out of my prefabs folder and replaced it with a newly generated mesh multiple times. Just isn't working... It's on a dedicated server.... but i have my other prefabs showing their mesh on the dedicated server too... I'm so confused.

Create a new Random Gen game after I've put my updated meshes in. I use BCM to find my Prefabs on the new map and teleport over to them.

Mhh if you use Hal's mod and the empty world, it should work. May be somehow related to the dedicated server.^^

Mhh if you use Hal's mod and the empty world, it should work. May be somehow related to the dedicated server.^^

That's what I thought. So I verified my files on my dedicated server.... It's just weird that some of my Prefabs, those I did all on 16.2, show their mesh correctly. But those I've done on A16.3 don't. Unfortunately, I can't find copies of my A16.2 DLL's to really confirm any kind of issue. But if Hal's mod on A16.3 is working for you guys, all I can guess is there's some old mesh file cached somewhere and I don't know where to find it. Though that wouldn't explain why a brand new prefab I made purely on A16.3, tts, xml, and mesh, isn't showing either.

Lol, why do you have to use a dedicated server? Stop making excuses. We want your prefabs. :p

Because without freaking Stompyz BCM mod I can't find my damn Prefabs to check their meshes! Gah! And besides, I really don't think it's the dedi server. All the other Prefabs had their meshes working fine. It's just the two new prefabs I did that aren't. :(

P.S. Love you Stompy... Without BC-LHCD I'd still be doing laps around a RWG map. :p

Welp. Man down. lol. No more prefabs for me for a while. I've put in about 4 hours + of troubleshooting and I got nuthin. GL guys! Keep up the great work! :D

I'd highly suggest whatever environments you have right now you absolutely know are making good Meshes, back'em up now. :p

Theres a few things you can try to isolate the prob.

1) try the mesh in question on your local PC. This will tell you if the prob. Is with the mesh or the environment.

2) if there is a mesh that is working on your dedidcated server. Try making a copy of it and renaming it after yhe prefab mesh in question. (I.e. use one of the skyscrapper meshes as they are gigantic). If your prefab looks like a skyscrapper in tje diatance then yes, it sounds likr a prob. With the specific mesh file.

Theres a few things you can try to isolate the prob.

1) try the mesh in question on your local PC. This will tell you if the prob. Is with the mesh or the environment.

2) if there is a mesh that is working on your dedidcated server. Try making a copy of it and renaming it after yhe prefab mesh in question. (I.e. use one of the skyscrapper meshes as they are gigantic). If your prefab looks like a skyscrapper in tje diatance then yes, it sounds likr a prob. With the specific mesh file.

I'll try that all out tonight. Thanks!

pFFFFFFFFFFFFFffffffffffffffft.

Okay. I kinda give up. LOL. It all works now. The only thing changed is HAL sent me his 16.2 editor and I used that first. Loaded fine in Local Creative Random Gen and mesh displayed. Tested the mesh on Dedi. Worked just fine. Went back into my 16.3 Hals Mod version of the game and recreated the mesh. Loaded it on Dedi and... worked just fine.

I... give... up. lol.

Guess I can/might be able to prefab still? Maybe? Who knows. But this is why I kinda hate software sometimes. X-D

Me:

"I turned it on.

I clicked the button.

It didn't work.

I've done this 100 times...

In the past four hours..."

Just Anyone I'm destined to look stupid in front of today:

"But... did you turn it ON... THEN click the button?"

Me:

"..."

"Watch..."

*Turns it on*

*Clicks the button*

*It works*

Also me:

/FACEPALM

pls clear ur inbox Horst

un-Quardriertheit wird mein neues Lieblinswort^^

Schِn wenn es trotz un-Quardriertheit irgendwie funktioniert - sollte ich doch noch eine kompaktere Variante bauen oder eine die nicht nur im Wasteland gut funktioniert schreibe ich Dir nochmal...

Schِnen Sonntag noch!

Dir auch

Hey Magoli,

habe gerade festgestellt dass Guppy mir bei meinem Zug-Prefab den Holzboden mit heraus kopiert hat, auf dem ich das Ding ursprünglich gebaut hatte. Kِnntest du entweder selbst wegschneiden, oder die hier statt der alten verwenden, an der ich gerade selbst versucht habe das (hoffentlich erfolgreich) in Ordnung zu murksen:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b384a3ypng0tjov/AADzw1nXdBh6YJuwBVBN-b-7a?dl=0

Sollte ich irgendwie noch andere Sachen verنndern kِnnte ich nochmal Bescheid geben

Schِnes Wochenende noch!

Danke für die Info

Ich hab die neue version mal runtergeladen und werde sie im nنchsten COMPOPACK berücksichtigen (tauschen),

doch das kِnnte etwas dauern, da kein update in der nنchsten Zeit geplant ist.

Dir auch schِnes Wochenende

(übrigens: Mein Steam-name ist auch MAGOLI (der aus Bayern mit Zombie-Avatar) - kannst mich ja mal zur Freundschaft einladen wenn du willst :) )

Archived