Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

ahoi hoi survivalists 

Please click the following link to go to continuing development of this mod:

here is COMPOPACK_45hotfix02(for Alpha19stable_built180)

(not compatible with all A18 and previous alpha-versions)

important hot news:

I decided to Release a 2nd hotfix for CP45 because some of us are getting NullRef-errors when they tried to continue their worlds after they have quit playing the game

We found the Issue and fixed it !!! It was 2 corrupted prefabs !!!

It was xcostum_PeerCafe(by_Stallionsden) and xcostum_Stallionsdens_Ranch(by_Stallionsden) - they had too much Sleepers in one single Volume

Once you have got the NullRef-freeze when loading your map it is needed to start a new world !!!

If u havent any problems yet u can continue using your existing map !!!

However we strongly recommend to install the hotfix02 to avoid your game to get corrupted and get lost !!! (then u will be able to continue your existing map without getting any Issues )

COMPOPACK is a Collection of 340 Prefabs made by the members of this forum and also some Prefabs from Nexus.

COMPOPACK is easy to implement (just a copy/paste - process) - and totally supports EAC (steam-easyanticheat)

what you can expect when using COMPOACK ? :

- 340 extra POI's for Nitrogen generated maps

- 9 different townships (=towns/cities will differ from each other because of specialized prefab-rule-sets)

Whats new in CP45 ?

this CP-version has by far the biggest content-drop that was ever made in the history of COMPOPACK (CP45-CHANGELOG has 1138 lines LOL)

a lot of prefabs was reworked by wolfbain5 , Stallionsden , sinda and also a few by myself 

most changes belongs to set up Sleepers/Volumes - Questsettings - adjusting Lootamounts - new A19 blocks added - old blocks changed/removed - repainting - rotation-fixes

a big amount of new POI's are added

This CP-version contains:

- the prefab-files that are needed at all

- CP-Nitrogen-prefablist.txt for generating your own CP-maps (also my configUI.txt) (for Nitrogen-map-generation)

- a pregenerated 8k-Nitrogen-map for example-purposes

- this COMPOPACK-version does NOT have a CP-rwgmixer.xml (for ingame RWG-map-generation) !!!

check out the updatepost to get detailed information

special thx to Damocles

for providing such a wonderful map-generation-tool and adding the customzone-stuff for me

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?114207-Tool-NITROGEN-a-random-world-generator-for-7DtD

also special thx to Pille

for providing me the ability to do what is needed to do with the prefabs with his editor

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?62501-Prefab-Editor-(Alpha)

still super-special-thx to Pille who made the whole block-conversation from A18 to A19

this time special-thanks goes out to my new CP-TEAM wolfbain5 and Stallionsden for doing most of the reworks, cleaning up the xml's and also creating new mesh-files

and also to all Creators especially from Nexus-mods who uploaded their creations for free usage - thx alot guys and girls ( u guys rock ! )

As always the COMPOPACK is 100% EAC-friendly !!!

Current version is: COMPOPACK_45hotfix02(for Alpha19stable_built180)

spacer.pngspacer.png

HERE you can download COMPOPACK_45hotfix02(for Alpha19stable_built180)

(Install-Instructions and the current Releasenotes are in the Download-file (.zip) )

IMPORTANT INFO:

IF U PLAY MP THE PREFAB-FILES HAS TO BE ON SERVERSITE AND CLIENTSITE

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

here is a tutorial on how to use Nitrogen with COMPOPACK from EpicSpire:

as EpicSpire said:

U have to overwrite the default prefablist.txt in the Nitrogen Resourcesfolder with the prefablist.txt from the CP-download

- and than just choose A19 Vanilla(default) in the prefab list box !!!

optional you can also overwrite the default configUI.txt with the configUI.txt from the CP-download to have the exactly same Nitrogen-settings which I used to generate the examplemap

KNOWN ISSUES IN DETAIL:

-no POI-groups are setted yet (has no impact on spawning and gameplay!) (will be implemented in further releases)

-some wierd blocks (Rotations) on few prefabs (will be fixed in further Releases)

-some missing, wrong or unbalanced Sleepers/Volumes on few prefabs (will be fixed in further Releases)

Wishes or constructive critic is welcome.

If u see any errors or strangers please report it here !!! (with picture when possible !)

Sidenote:

Some creations are look like a littlebit curious (especially the furnish, paintings and deco or displaced looking blocks)

with the help of my reworker-team (wolfbain5 and Stallionsden) we will try to update, renovate and balance all of the older prefabs without losing their original style step by step

Here are some previous CP-Releases:

COMPOPACK_44(for Alpha19exp_built169)

COMPOPACK_43(for Alpha18.3_built3)

COMPOPACK_42(for Alpha18.2_built5)

COMPOPACK_39(for Alpha18_exp_built143)

COMPOPACK_38(for Alpha17.1_stable_b9)

COMPOPACK_35 for Alpha17exp_b233

COMPOPACK_31(for_alpha16.4)

COMPOPACK_30_foralpha16.4

COMPOPACK_29_foralpha16.3

COMPOPACK_28_for_alpha16.2

COMPOPACK_27_for_alpha16.2

COMPOPACK_26_for_alpha16.0_also_16.1

COMPOPACK_25 for_alpha16experimental

COMPOPACK_24_for_alpha15stable-b105

COMPOPACK_22_for_alpha14.7

Alltime Special-thx to:

Hal9000 - Randor9 - RedMunich - bigc90210 - thugsta - acidchaulk - JayzenFreeze - LT. - elitelex - Damocles - Stallionsden - StompyNZ - Slaan - LuckyStar - NODABBA - Pille - LazMan - Guppycur - War3zuk - TopMinder - wolfbain5

and OFC all the Prefabbers and Modders out there, who spend their work to the community !!!

OK - thats all guys

have fun

Mag

Nice! Will have a look now!

Got a few more blocks, just deciding what clutter to put out back for diversity, yards, garages etc. will let you know when I'm done with these and send them over before moving on, tenament blocks next I think!-)

ps to all, when you click the download button it may ask you to make a new dropbox account, just hit the X to close it and click download again to grab it without the need for an account.

Nice! Will have a look now!

ps to all, when you click the download button it may ask you to make a new dropbox account, just hit the X to close it and click download again to grab it without the need for an account.

Yes - thats true !!! Thx for the info.

Didn't mentioned this yet (because iam never logged out)

Is this new on dropbox ??? Looks like they wanna catch new people very aggressively !!!

Anyway:

Like berticus0001 said: Just close the first signin-window - then the DL-window appears !!!

Mag out

There is a gremlin inside... Look what I've got when testing :

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8702[/ATTACH]

Was walkin around, close a POI in forest biome... After that, map broken...

:hopelessness:

Edit : Could be an issue from my modded rwgmixer as far as I know... Will test it with default...

;)

@Bullrott, invalid attachment.

So, quick flight over a few cities to check things out, here's how things went.

First had to change my new ones to maxperhub=1 as pretty much nothing but those spawned, then had to do the same to the vacant lots, lots & lots of vacant lots! lol

First water plant I came across colapsed immediatly, possibly 'cos I was sprint-flying and the game didn't have enough time/processing power to build it and everything else in that chunk, second one found stayed up so will have to check in a real game at foot speeds to verify.

Other than that they all seemed to spawn fine!

It should be noted though that this is built for a vanilla city, and even then there are only enough prefabs for 20 city blocks (if you add the maxper to the lots), so the city has to be no larger than 5x4 (or 4x5) blocks max (vanilla is 6x6 I think so you'll end up with some blocks having no buildings at all).

If, like me, you have your city modded to be larger you're going to have to go through the xml's by hand and remove the maxperhub from those you want to see spawn multiple times, probably the appartment blocks and other abodes most likely.

And, just for me, I don't suppose you know off hand which prefabs use the smoke blocks Mag? For my intact city it's waaaay too thick.

Just checked the issue with a default rwgmixer... Sounds like it works... There is many problems with modded prefab... Some of them collapsed like :

mini_9388182015051800007.jpg

mini_8080572015051800002.jpg

And some spawn on roads like :

mini_5795762015051800009.jpg

Still lots of work for makin it works perfectly... But ATM the RWG is far better than the vanilla's one...

:eagerness:

Well, I have to say that your mod is a good start Magoli...! Seems we can make it better :

Variety is far better than vanilla, BUT we can adjust some things for make it better than this... IMO, rwgmixer have to be modded for fit your mod perfectly... AND we can adjust spawning location of prefabs, some of them atm breakin' immersion... It's a little bit annoying when buildings with grass spawn in wasteland... Or when you have wood factory spawning outside snow & forest biome... As well, funeral parlor in wilderness...

mini_3295782015051800001.jpg

But as I said, could be a rwgmixer failure on my part... Will try with default now...

Yes - its definitely a rwg-mixer Issue (I had this one too) !!!

And yes - the LumberMill looks displaced in the most biomes (I will change that in the next release)

To the misspawned TWDprison: This is something the devs have to take care about !! - not me !!!

@all:

If any prefab has the wrong walking-ground - pls make a screenshot of it - and post it here !!!

Changing the rwgmixer.xml entries is a tricky part. (IMO this needs a own Thread !!!)

@berticus0001:

u shouldn't change the .xml's for all the *lot* stuff !!!

This is always the pre-underground for prefabs or a placeholder, when the game don't find a prefab that fit's the situation.

In the PACK i let all entries about ..Lot... untouched !!!

Mag out

Yeah, I see what you mean about using the lots as filler but I think the main problem is the way the randomizer lays out the city, it seems to fill from south west to north west then repeat meaning the west of a city is always filled with the 1-per-hub buildings and the east is filled with the multi-per-hub stuff, so for a 6x6 city (vanilla max) you end up with a city like this¬

6x6City.jpg.a4d75bc32ab6358184f5f788f2897d7b.jpg

What we need is more types to use a fillers so removing the max-per on the others doesn't end up with loads of shotgun messiah's all over the shop.

Yeah, I see what you mean about using the lots as filler but I think the main problem is the way the randomizer lays out the city, it seems to fill from south west to north west then repeat meaning the west of a city is always filled with the 1-per-hub buildings and the east is filled with the multi-per-hub stuff, so for a 6x6 city (vanilla max) you end up with a city like this¬

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8703[/ATTACH]

What we need is more types to use a fillers so removing the max-per on the others doesn't end up with loads of shotgun messiah's all over the shop.

Wow - i have not saw such a big City before - lol

For such a big City we will need 46 more prefabs to get the City totally filled with single-spawners - lol

btw:

I found 13 little cosmetical Issues till yet. Mostly of them in the new integrated Vanilla-Prefabs.

remember:

For this Pack i had to check/modify about 700 files !!!!

If here ot there a little cosmetical mistake - PLS forgive me ;)

Rather post it here (with screenshot) - to get it solved in the next release !!!

I think i release a update this week !!!

Mag out

Well, I have to say that your mod is a good start Magoli...! Seems we can make it better :

Variety is far better than vanilla, BUT we can adjust some things for make it better than this... IMO, rwgmixer have to be modded for fit your mod perfectly... AND we can adjust spawning location of prefabs, some of them atm breakin' immersion... It's a little bit annoying when buildings with grass spawn in wasteland... Or when you have wood factory spawning outside snow & forest biome... As well, funeral parlor in wilderness...

Try this modded rwgmixer.xml. Has been modified by Ashen for my servers and has some nice features:

- Adjusts roads in Pine biome to use gravel.

- Adjusts edges of reads to be a smoother transition

- Adjusts offset from center for cities

- Changes to POI probability to have a good mix of POIs - for example Pine Forest Biome features higher chance of wilderness and supports a higher quantity of wilderness POIs.

- Changes to Biome probability to have a good mix of Biomes.

This is currently in testing on my servers and so far seems good, please let me know if you encounter any errors. I'll another create thread to discuss tweaks and mods to rwgmixer if needed.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8703[/ATTACH]

Perhaps 0,0 could use some zoning? We could adjust some of the prefabs to have a mix of residential and commercial in the north eastern part of the city?

yeah - thx a lot LT.

Its the "RotatingToFaceNorth" - value !!! It has to be rotated to the street !!!

And it needs terrainfiller too. To fix the ground for this prefab.

It will be fixed in the next update !!!

I will start to check AND FIX all prefabs tommorow, if there is a ground-conflict between Biome-terrain and the Prefab-given ground !

I don't checked all prefabs before release for this special cosmetical aspect.

Mag out

Big city? lol, I usually have it max at 18x18, now THATS a lot of lots!!:tongue-new:

So HERES some bits to help fill the spaces, theres 10 in there, for the most they are just combined red/tan brick shops into rows, 2 for each, 1 without anything in the yard and 1 with either fenced yards or garages plus 2 garage blocks, note I've just copied the basics for the xml's without maxper so if you want to add that, and I think I saw someone (possibly even you) mention that the spawn stuff in there is no longer used so if you want to scrape that out as well.

@LT. tbh I don't think the zoning actually does anything, at least not in the cities, for testing I've just been copy/pasting the same xml all set to residential and the entire east side of the city is guarenteed to be full of what I'm looking for.

I think whats needed is to have the zoning built along the lines of the ore clusters, ie, increased liklyhood of the same zone/block generating next to another untill it switches, say, residential to commercial then clustering commercials until it switches again.

Also needs an industrial zone to even things out.

This way the city should build in clusters of residential, commercial and industrial zones, each zone covering around 4-5 blocks.

Try this modded rwgmixer.xml. Has been modified by Ashen for my servers and has some nice features:

- Adjusts roads in Pine biome to use gravel.

- Adjusts edges of reads to be a smoother transition

- Adjusts offset from center for cities

- Changes to POI probability to have a good mix of POIs - for example Pine Forest Biome features higher chance of wilderness and supports a higher quantity of wilderness POIs.

- Changes to Biome probability to have a good mix of Biomes.

This is currently in testing on my servers and so far seems good, please let me know if you encounter any errors. I'll another create thread to discuss tweaks and mods to rwgmixer if needed.

Perhaps 0,0 could use some zoning? We could adjust some of the prefabs to have a mix of residential and commercial in the north eastern part of the city?

This might work with a fresh map but dropping this into an existing world and I had huge zone mismatches.

Is there a way to just fix the placement issues but leave the other aspects alone so we could use it in existing worlds?

Thanks

Just had it as well as soon as I spawned in to a new game, thread exeption generate_chunk or whatever, empty string is invalid.

Just had this happen in the AU server -

2015-05-19T11:22:43 13790.183 ERR Exception in thread thread_GenerateChunks:

2015-05-19T11:22:43 13790.183 EXC An empty string is not considered a valid value.

ArgumentException: An empty string is not considered a valid value.
 at System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value, Boolean ignoreCase) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at BiomeCell.md0019 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at BiomeCell.GenerateVoronoiGraph (Int32 seed) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at RandomWorldGenerator.GetBiomeCellByWorldPos (Int32 _seed, Single x, Single y) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at RandomWorldGenerator.GetBiomeCellByWorldPos (Single x, Single y) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at BiomeGeneratorFromBiomeCellData.GetBiomeAt (Int32 _x, Int32 _z, System.Single& _intensity) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at TerrainFromBiomeCellData.GenerateTerrain (.World _world, .Chunk _chunk, System.Random _random) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at ChunkProviderGenerateWorld.generateTerrain (.World _world, .Chunk _chunk, System.Random _random) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at ChunkProviderGenerateWorld.thread_GenerateChunks (.ThreadInfo _threadInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at ThreadManager.md0005 (System.Object par0001) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.Debug:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
Logger:masterLogException(Exception)
Logger:Exception(Exception)
Log:Exception(Exception)
ThreadManager:md0005(Object

Not sure whether this is a fault with the RWGMixer or a prefab.

This might work with a fresh map but dropping this into an existing world and I had huge zone mismatches.

Is there a way to just fix the placement issues but leave the other aspects alone so we could use it in existing worlds?

Thanks

Sorry yes I would not be throwing in these new POIs and a new RWGMixer into an already established world based on different POIs or in some cases different versions of POIs. I thought that went without saying but just in case best to start a new world.

I've been looking at toning down the zombie spawns at POIs, it is too predictable and tedious.

I understand the Staticspawngroup,

but the other two?

staticspawnersize and trigger. Do you touch those to tone it down, or edit the spawning.xml with the waves?

Created a thread for diagnosing the errors from RWGMixer.xml so that we find a stable modded version for use with this prefab pack.

Right now there seem to be two types of errors that are causing world corruption which has a massive impact on servers. The first error is the null argument exception, and the second is "Argument of of Range" Min Value greater than Max value.

I suggest we work together to identify what causes these errors so that we can safely use a modded rwgmixer file with the new POI pack.

• Roland locked this topic

Archived