Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

Magoli, I have a small fix I'm not sure it's worth packing into a zip file (but I'll do it, if you prefer):

I noticed that xcostum_bank(by_Guppycur) has Rotation to Face North set to "None" (which I presume is absence of property), but it should be "2", like in the abandoned houses, since the bank entrance is pointing South.

Magoli, I have a small fix I'm not sure it's worth packing into a zip file (but I'll do it, if you prefer):

I noticed that xcostum_bank(by_Guppycur) has Rotation to Face North set to "None" (which I presume is absence of property), but it should be "2", like in the abandoned houses, since the bank entrance is pointing South.

thx for the head up

no - u dont need to upload it - its just a quick change to the xml

thx for ur work

Yo mag, any of the prefabs in your pack up to standards and would fit well in a medieval mod? I need around 500... I've another prefab server up (see server thread) to import and fix them.

hm - lemme see: maybe xcostum_woodenPalisade - ur Rangerstation

here are some prefabs that could fit (but not contents of CP):

-Lazmans guardtower, AltenburgCastle, notredame

thats all i have in mind atm

u could change some blocks on some prefabs to have it look like medievel POI's (e.g. concrete to wood / brick to flagstone / etc.) - i know its lota work, but anyway ;)

@Magoli Can your Compo-Pack be combined with Starvation Mod?

Its been talked about here (pls also read the following answeres):

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?28057-Compo-Pack-for-Random-Gen&p=749240&viewfull=1#post749240

It seems starvasion has its own rwgmixer.xml - so u have to choose or add all relevant poi's to the xml u wanna use.

hm - lemme see: maybe xcostum_woodenPalisade - ur Rangerstation

here are some prefabs that could fit (but not contents of CP):

-Lazmans guardtower, AltenburgCastle, notredame

thats all i have in mind atm

u could change some blocks on some prefabs to have it look like medievel POI's (e.g. concrete to wood / brick to flagstone / etc.) - i know its lota work, but anyway ;)

Hm, I had hoped a few more might fit well; this is what I have going so far, but building all these from scratch is going to take a while. Obviously I'm using custom textures, so would re-work other prefabs anyway...

deletemedcity.png

What would you consider a good count of houses? I'm thinking 20 city, 20 rural, 20 farmland?

Yo mag, any of the prefabs in your pack up to standards and would fit well in a medieval mod? I need around 500... I've another prefab server up (see server thread) to import and fix them.

I have a medieval tower in mind that I just haven't worked on because I'm not doing medieval work atm. But I figured a way of making better round structures, and though it would be small, actual medieval towers were rather small. It would also make for good watch towers on a castle, though I'd use a square structure for a gate tower, as that also seems to have been the usual case.

Want it?

Hm, I had hoped a few more might fit well; this is what I have going so far, but building all these from scratch is going to take a while. Obviously I'm using custom textures, so would re-work other prefabs anyway...

deletemedcity.png

What would you consider a good count of houses? I'm thinking 20 city, 20 rural, 20 farmland?

this is looking very sweet - the left building reminds me to Seyda Neen in Morrowind :)

yo sry i cant deliver more atm, but u know medievil is not my site ;)

yes with 60 POI's u can enable a nice world IMO

I have a medieval tower in mind that I just haven't worked on because I'm not doing medieval work atm. But I figured a way of making better round structures, and though it would be small, actual medieval towers were rather small. It would also make for good watch towers on a castle, though I'd use a square structure for a gate tower, as that also seems to have been the usual case.

Want it?

Yes! =)

Hey Magoli. I hear they are updating some/many of the houses and giving them a dungeon crawl feel. Is it possible & how would you feel about moving all the old ones from A16 over to A17 compo pack in addition to having the new A17 versions. I think the variation would be nice.

COMPOPACK is always just an addition to the actual vanilla-spawn. This means CP-worlds contain the vanilla-prefabs + all the custom-prefabs.

COMPOPACK is always just an addition to the actual vanilla-spawn. This means CP-worlds contain the vanilla-prefabs + all the custom-prefabs.

i think he is asking if you can save the current vanilla POIs as they are and put them in the CP for the ones that they change in a17 so they dont disappear and the old buildings can exist along side the new ones...assuming they are replacing the files and not just adding new ones.

i think he is asking if you can save the current vanilla POIs as they are and put them in the CP for the ones that they change in a17 so they dont disappear and the old buildings can exist along side the new ones...assuming they are replacing the files and not just adding new ones.

That is correct. That is what i was trying to ask

That is correct. That is what i was trying to ask

IMO that will not work for several Reasons:

1. i believe the new prefabs will look better as the a16 ones.

2. i believe some block-ID's will change, that would force me to rename all the a16-vanilla-prefabs and make them custom-prefabs. That also would mean, that i had to take care of all following repairs and updates. And this work i dont want to do (again).

The Vanilla-Prefabs are no casefile to me anymore. The devs have top-designers who do their job well.

Iam more concerned about the custom-prefabs, because they need to be converted to A17 and also updated/repaired/painted.

And thats a very big job which will eat up all my time.

Archived