Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

Nice to hear from you. Good to build a new Version, cause the A17 is long away i think. If you need any help I and a lot of other people would help you I think. Just ask. And the A17 then i think is also no problem. I like to convert, rebuild or update Prefabs :)

Oh cool, you added my houses :) Did my power plant make it in here as well? Never had time to check so far..

yeah - i have it already in the prefabs-folder - i forgot about that (and a few other ones) when i wrote the post.

DesolatePowerPlant will be IN - also RedCatDiner , SpanishMission , Donut-shop , DriveThrough , wastelandtrain , and a few more

I have also plans to add some more different city-types (ruined cities/towns , Industrial Cities).

Also i want to remove the ruined vanilla prefabs from the normal city/town-spawning.

@TopMinder:

Welche Prefabs sind denn jetzt soweit fertig, und welche bekommen voraussichtlich noch ein update in der nنchsten Zeit ?

Bis zur 17 werd ich nichts mehr نndern. It could only be that i finish a new Prefab when playing becomes boring.

The Prefabs i have are almost all ready to insert in Random Gen. When 17 comes i will convert them and perhaps change some small things.

how might i go about identifying the original designer for each prefab so I can make a video exploring each one.

I have made little screenshots of most of the Prefabs to identify them. Link is in the OP

The Creators are named in every single POI in the filename.

Some of the Latest POI's dont have screenshots yet - and there are some Pictures in the screenshotfolder which doesnt exist anymore - but hey, its the only and best way to find and identify Prefabs atm.

btw:

this is the current work-Changelog:

CHANGELOG CP30:

CHANGES:

NEW PREFABS:

-added xcostum_house_modern_01(by_Kam)

-added xcostum_house_modern_02(by_Kam)

-added xcostum_house_modern_03(by_Kam)

-added xcostum_house_modern_04(by_Kam)

-added xcostum_house_modern_05(by_Kam)

-added xcostum_NotreDamn_(by_tehkarma)

-added xcostum_house_number14(by_Kam)

-added xcostum_bridgesideapartmentsA16(by_Batman)

-added xcostum_FarmerJoesNursery(by_Stallionsden)

-added xcostum_VarietiesDepartmentStore(by_Stallionsden)

-added xcostum_Stonehouse01(by_Tom)

I see my medieval tower isn't there.

BTW, NotreDamn didn't have sleeper volumes, and the gunsafe/wallsafe and insecure (which I dislike very much). I saw the comments about updated sleeper volumes, but if the NotreDamn version you have doesn't have them, my changes to it for RH 3 are at https://www.dropbox.com/s/kclrwdhu42b8hx4/Notredamn.zip?dl=0.

- - - Updated - - -

I have made little screenshots of most of the Prefabs to identify them. Link is in the OP

Some of the Latest POI's dont have screenshots yet - and there are some Pictures in the screenshotfolder which doesnt exist anymore - but hey, its the only and best way to find and identify Prefabs atm.

Every now and then I almost get on the In-Game editor to take new screenshots. If you load the POI using the Prefab menu, it can go pretty fast.

Alas, I still haven't done it. I'm thinking I might use hide terrain for some screenshots, of underground stuff.

thank you, its knowing what they look like that I'm having an issue with. Dino wants me to make a video exploring each POI, while I can locate the file name, knowing what it looks like on a server and then finding it is a whole other ballgame.

edited to say : yeah i'm not the admin, i need to simply find the poi on somebody elses server.

Theres a small blue house in game NOT vanilla that has a porch you walk in theres always either 2 millitary or Hazard guys laying on a table, you turn the corner to find the stairs, always 3 zombies 1 sitting 2 standing, walk upstairs go through room missing ladder on the wall, attic 2 secret stash boxes, bust through the roof then bust through the side roof to find 8 ammo boxes ? does anyone know what bloody house this is & its name hahaha its driving me nuts & ive been doing my homeowkr for weeks now trolling through the compo pack & various other prefabs & cant find its filename :(

thank you, its knowing what they look like that I'm having an issue with. Dino wants me to make a video exploring each POI, while I can locate the file name, knowing what it looks like on a server and then finding it is a whole other ballgame.

edited to say : yeah i'm not the admin, i need to simply find the poi on somebody elses server.

Here's a video on how to use the In-Game Editor to quickly browse through a set of prefabs.

[video=youtube_share;NDf9o5Mok-Y]

Theres a small blue house in game NOT vanilla that has a porch you walk in theres always either 2 millitary or Hazard guys laying on a table, you turn the corner to find the stairs, always 3 zombies 1 sitting 2 standing, walk upstairs go through room missing ladder on the wall, attic 2 secret stash boxes, bust through the roof then bust through the side roof to find 8 ammo boxes ? does anyone know what bloody house this is & its name hahaha its driving me nuts & ive been doing my homeowkr for weeks now trolling through the compo pack & various other prefabs & cant find its filename :(

It's house 5 by Guppy.

I also note that the attic *does* have a bunch of sleepers, but they rarely get triggered. I think you need to lower the sleeper volume so that the sleepers will be triggered before the person actually enters the attic.

hi

Can you tell me.....

Would using the additional prefabs in pack 29 cause chunk issues on game version 16.2?

I've had two maps go corrupt on me now, and I'm struggling to pinpoint the exact cause...

Many thanks in advance

@Guppycur the last corruption was inside and around your race track prefab.

hi

Can you tell me.....

Would using the additional prefabs in pack 29 cause chunk issues on game version 16.2?

I've had two maps go corrupt on me now, and I'm struggling to pinpoint the exact cause...

Many thanks in advance

@Guppycur the last corruption was inside and around your race track prefab.

Hm, other than size there's nothing really weird about it... There are a decent number of different /types/ of blocks, and a decent number of volumes, but I can't imagine it's more than any other large prefab.

...wonder if it's the same type of issue ravenherst is having, which from what I'm told is something happening to the sleeper spawns during prefab creation, invalidating the spawn locations.

Hm, other than size there's nothing really weird about it... There are a decent number of different /types/ of blocks, and a decent number of volumes, but I can't imagine it's more than any other large prefab.

...wonder if it's the same type of issue ravenherst is having, which from what I'm told is something happening to the sleeper spawns during prefab creation, invalidating the spawn locations.

Great, thanks for the reply guys.

I can rule the prefabs out and look at other possibilities now.

There're two sleeper volumes that don't contain any sleepers in the cp version of the race track but afaik that's not an issue ... The amount of sleeper blocks and volumes is completely ok imo.

thx for the info - i will check that

I'd be wary of prefabs that have water, which the track does... Water is weird.

It was the complete centre of the track chunk that corrupted. And a region just outside it.

I had the same issue with my previous server but corrupt chunk was not near any new compo pack poi's. I just wanted to rule them out as a cause.

I've reverted my RWGMixer back to a more stable one to see if the problem desists.

Sorry if this is off topic, but do you think I could be subject to hacking?

• Roland locked this topic

Archived