Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

Depends. If you're using my mixer all you'll need is his prefab folder and then add the extra pois they added or just wait for me to add it. If he does release a new version I'll probably have it updated to mine within a day or 2 (pending on life stuff). Then all you should need to do is swap the prefab folder and the rwgmixer file and then just load up the game without needing to do a new world. Only issue is though your world won't get the new pois till you enter a new region you haven't explored yet. If you want everything now!:playful: then you'll need to load a new world.

Hey Tin, if I replace your mixer with the newer one, in a game I already started (in addition to adding the Mags prefab pack) do you forsee any issue? I know you said adding the prefabs should be okay, but what about other mixer changes?

Hey Tin, if I replace your mixer with the newer one, in a game I already started (in addition to adding the Mags prefab pack) do you forsee any issue? I know you said adding the prefabs should be okay, but what about other mixer changes?

cant change the mixer after world gen, it is saved in the world data

I was told that new prefabs would show up in unvisited areas if I loaded the compo-pack after I was already playing a game though.. wouldn't that require a new mixer?

That's different from swapping rwgmixers and having different terrain gens or changed hub alteration or changed cell alterations adding pois is no biggie but even taking poi's out will mess it up. Having even a minor change in frequency in the terrain gen or biome gen will make your world crash. Swapping rwgmixers is more than adding a few pois to the list...

OFC this could have changed from the last time I tried like a few alphas ago. I generally reroll everything with every change I do now and I am going on stuff I have done in the past. I would take StompyNZ word for it if it's changed and I can easily be mistaken.

Don't get me wrong I am still pretty sure you can add poi's but then again I've rarely seen StompyNZ be wrong about stuff like this. <shrug>

the feature was broken in a15.

I would think that if the terrain gen changes at all you would at the lest get mismatches on distant terrain. Also keep in mind the game wont generate the hub cell data if it already exists, so if you changed anything that required different prefabs then it wouldn't match up.

Essentially there are too many moving parts for changing the rwg on an existing world to be a good idea if it was still possible.

hmm, checked the code, and found this:

// RWG2.PCRWGDataLoader
public void SaveRWGMixer(RWGDataInfo rwgInfo)
{
if (!Directory.Exists(this.md000c(rwgInfo)))
{
         return;
       }
string path = string.Format("{0}/rules.bin", this.md000c(rwgInfo));
FileStream fileStream = File.Create(path);
byte[] array = XmlFile.ToBytes("rwgmixer");
fileStream.Write(array, 0, array.Length);
fileStream.Flush();
fileStream.Close();
}

Looking in my saves folder there is no rules.bin however, so maybe it wasn't fixed

I think the issue was the specific save folder didn't exist at the time it first tries to save the file, so it fails then never tries again.

has anybody the COMPOPACK installed on a server ???

(i cant find not a single one)

Srry, the most I have done is just the hosting deal. Which works fine more or less some of the pois still have block rotation issues but nothing major.

I have the combo pack and Clockwork Oranges mod installed, now that i think of it i need to update the title of the server lol. My server is The Dead Shall Rise, fresh wipe 2 days ago

Im starting a new server for my friends tomorrow and I had a dream about adding this pack. But before I do I wonder if there have been done any changes lately, thinking specially about rotation problems on many furniture and blocks reported earlier in the thread?

Also I have to remove all "unbalanced" prefabs regarding loot and crops fields or similar things that make things "unbalanced".

I was thinking about helping you out with fixing errors in prefabs, but I still have a lot of tweaking to do before I start the server tomorrow.

Does anyone know about prefabs that maybe have too much loot or have a lot of crops like crops fields?

Hello, someone knows it, if the Chinese village is in this alpha 16, thanks in advance for the answer

No - its not in atm (when iam finished with the prefabs-repairs this will be the next work)

@wolverine576 + xxx73 + Spider

I just wanted to know - I wanted to play (and test CP) on a server the last days - but couldn't find one

@all

Now, that i have played a littlebit A16-CP-rwg i have to correct myself:

There are much more Issues on blocks and Rotations then I thought.

Some Prefabs Scared me so much that i almost wanted to cry ;)

The most Issued blocks (Rotations) atm:

desks,shelves,lockers,tires,sofas(middlesection),...

also there are still some blocks missing on some floors

also there are still block-ID's have to be changed.

also there are still misrotated blocks everywhere

also there are some Sleeper-Volumes have to be finetuned.

tbh: There is not a single Prefab that has no Errors :(

But here are the good news:

I have 3weeks break from work from now on :)

This means I have enough time to do the Repairs and Iam gonna start with the work right now...

No - its not in atm (when iam finished with the prefabs-repairs this will be the next work)

@wolverine576 + xxx73 + Spider

I just wanted to know - I wanted to play (and test CP) on a server the last days - but couldn't find one

@all

Now, that i have played a littlebit A16-CP-rwg i have to correct myself:

There are much more Issues on blocks and Rotations then I thought.

Some Prefabs Scared me so much that i almost wanted to cry ;)

The most Issued blocks (Rotations) atm:

desks,shelves,lockers,tires,sofas(middlesection),...

also there are still some blocks missing on some floors

also there are still block-ID's have to be changed.

also there are still misrotated blocks everywhere

also there are some Sleeper-Volumes have to be finetuned.

tbh: There is not a single Prefab that has no Errors :(

But here are the good news:

I have 3weeks break from work from now on :)

This means I have enough time to do the Repairs and Iam gonna start with the work right now...

Dont be to hard on yourself Mags. Your pack is awesome even with the few issues.l like rotations. Maybe we can all grab a section of the prefabs fix them for you and send them back to you to put into the pack again to help.

But man no compo pack we riot haha :-P

Consider looking at the finished sections of slaanhatten mags, re-extracting the individual buildings that are 'complete' as small POI's for the mixer is defo an option for you.

The only difference to the originals is typically the ground layer which I trimmed/edited to fit my streets but thats easy enough to change if needed. They aint all there yet, apartments by gertle, antman's multistore, moes tavern/strippers/XXX bar are amongst a few I've covered so far, some taken all the way with painting, some simply corrected and edited a little. If the buildings are in an area flagged as complete then they are ready to be pulled out, sleeper blocks already setup (volumes would need re-done).

Don't have all of the CP in there but I will be covering a large amount of the prefabs as I move thru the city touching it up, there's a lot of stuff that would work as small POI's (paul_scans National guard camp for example) that people won't have seen in RWG before.

MS paint makes life so much more simple, to think they were gonna remove it...

1798284978_Compopacka16builds.jpg.c9a8c7309ea0113f46d5eda91338a773.jpg

I'm also fixing my prefabs (well, the ones I wanna keep) and you're welcome to those when I'm done. This is a prefabbing weekend for me so I should have some cranked out. Fixed 13 so far.

That's if you want to continue this insane but awesome mission. =)

I'm also fixing my prefabs (well, the ones I wanna keep) and you're welcome to those when I'm done. This is a prefabbing weekend for me so I should have some cranked out. Fixed 13 so far.

That's if you want to continue this insane but awesome mission. =)

Which are the 13 prefabs ??? pls list here! If i know them I cant let them be (and use ur versions)

I have started the works already. Iam able to change some of the Issued Blocks/rots to all prefabs. This makes the repairs more and more easy (i hope) because i will get less and less Issued blocks/rots by finding and fixing these global to all Prefabs

This is the changelog-file so far:

repaired xcostum_Alms_house(ex_vanilla_ornate03)

repaired xcostum_Apartment(by_Gertle) - finetuned Sleepers

set rotation to 0 on Treeplant02 (all prefabs)

changed block990(flagstonewedge) to 210(brickblock)(all prefabs)

changed block1902(Sandbag) to 861(Haybale)(all prefabs)

changed block165(rwoodplate) to 293(rwoodblock)(all prefabs)

changed rot9 to rot8 on this block-id's 1200,1201,1202,1203,1205 (windows)(all prefabs)

!!!1191!!! repaired xcostum_Apartment(by_Spider)

changed block360(boardedwindowSheet4) to 399 (CamoNetSheet) rot8-0 - 13-3 - 21-1 - 16-2 (all prefabs)

changed block1193(woodBarricadeCTRPlate) to 399(CamoNetSheet) rot8-0 - 13-3 - 21-1 - 16-2 (all prefabs)

repaired xcostum_House_AF06R(29x30)(by_Nodabba) (decreased amount of Lootcontainers)

changed rot on CeilingLight02 (all to rot1)(all prefabs)

repaired xcostum_3BlockStores(by_Leo_Liuos)

@Slaan:

thx for the offer dude- but it seems cutting ur repaired parts out of Slaanhattan needs the same work (time) as repairing them one by one IMO (also iam getting faster and faster because iam getting used to it)

If u cut out some Prefabs that would be nice - else i would prefer to do it how i have started (repair one by one)

For mine that you use, the bank, strip mall, town hall and fire station.

I've fixed unreleased prefabs as well which I will share: 5 houses, 2 businesses, and a water treatment facility that sits nicely next to the vanilla one.

The last is special, and I will hit you up on steam about it.

For mine that you use, the bank, strip mall, town hall and fire station.

I've fixed unreleased prefabs as well which I will share: 5 houses, 2 businesses, and a water treatment facility that sits nicely next to the vanilla one.

The last is special, and I will hit you up on steam about it.

yes - ok - but iam not @home the next few hours

yes - pls share ur unshared prefabs as well and i will add them to the next update

thx guppy - 4 prefabs that i can let out (for repair) :)

Archived