Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

Not sure if the automatical volumes placing function will ever reach a decent quality but I need such a system for randomly generated prefabs anyway ... but I am glad to hear that you're ready to support the poor stressed Magoli. :)

I think this last little update to your tool will really finish it off nicely. The last issues I'm having with the "triggered empty volume" console error I believe may be due to me braking up my large volumes into better thought out smaller ones and not leaving enough sleeper blocks within them to trigger.

I thought one sleeper per volume is sufficient? Please let me know, if you find out the cause for this error.

hi guys

Iam working on the Sleeper-Volumes since 8 hours. I have done about the half of the prefabs (iam on Letter "M" now)

A few moments ago i did a test if my work had success- and yeah there are sleepers inside of the edited prefabs :)

I also did a quick screenshot during my search for the prefabs:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21728[/ATTACH]

nice huh? :)

But i guess I have to move the Release-date to Tommorrow

Sry, but i dont get it finished (and tested) today.

And slowly i begin to getting tired and start to see colored dots everywhere - LOL

(Must be editor-sickness - LOL) - But i move on with the work until i fall asleep here ;)

stay highly tuned - tommorrow is the day !!!

Mag

@Magoli

Wow, you're too fast. My coming server is not ready yet.^^ Thanks in advance!

@Redlotus

Afaik there are two editors atm:

Ingame editor:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?47459-Unlocking-In-Game-Prefab-Editor-(Terrain-Tools)-dll-mod

My editor:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?62501-Prefab-Editor-(Alpha)

I don't know if you can insert sleepers using the ingame editor but I think it should be possible.

You can add it now but where ever you have been wont be affected . Inly the new areas you still are yet to visit

Glad youre back, guppy said you were but i didnt see any posts. Maybe well even get some of your modding talents back:encouragement:

- - - Updated - - -

UPDATE-TIME:

COMPOPACK 26 is out now !!!

to get it go to the OPENING-POST

the Releasenotes are in the OP and ofc in the dl-zip

Its not tested well - pls tell me if it works well - thx ahead

have fun

Mag

congrats on a job well done.... again

Glad youre back, guppy said you were but i didnt see any posts. Maybe well even get some of your modding talents back:encouragement:

haha thanks. yeh a16 bought me back. as well as i did miss the modding community and all and slowly getting back into it. may have an idea for a mega city renewal but will see how i go and if i get anywhere with it lol....... but yeh really cant wait for gold release where we dont have to keep updating the mods haha lol and we can play and dang i bet with the modding talent in this forums the mods will be even bigger awesomeness

You can add it now but where ever you have been wont be affected . Inly the new areas you still are yet to visit

This is the best news for today, thanks ....

Update: I tested on an earlier savegame and even if I went many kilometers away from last explored location no new prefabs was showing.

It dont seem to work on old savegames, in new game the new prefabs pop up everywhere.

btw sleepers work fine in the new prefabs in my game.

Mag, how to increase you rep on forum for your great job? Thanx, Mag!

its the little bluestar-button on the post

right side - below ur avatar

@all:

Yes - i saw sleepers in my testplay in the Custom-POI's too

@Magoli

Just a lil heads up.

You should probably go ahead and give a max_count on the filler poi's as well. Certain filler poi's will over duplicate when hubs grow past a certain size. Nothing like seeing 10+ water towers and mailboxes :playful:

Other than little hiccup, stellar work from you and all the contributors as always :)

you are a machine magoli, as always. I have a question though, with this new update are all of the previously added A16 vanilla prefabs included as well? (day care, fire station new skyscraper)

All a16vanilla prefabs are in as well. Just went threw the list tweaking things is the only reason I know.

Archived