Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

Experimental A16-COMPOPACK-Release will be about weekend !!!

But the admin-base-prefab isn't a part of it

(All new Prefabs postet between A15-A16 are not included in the upcoming CP - it belongs to 5 posts)

Also I had to remove about 350 Prefabs from the Pack that belongs to:

-customHubs

-all Citymix and Citycombo- Prefabs

-all Cityblock- Prefabs

-almost all xvanilla- Prefabs

=a amount of 150 Prefabs remaining in A16 atm !!!

Nice converter works perfectly. 150 prefabs still a lot cant wait to see which one you will put there. The admin base I'm not planing to use it anymore I love it but too OP.

so from reading posts in this thread it sounds like sleepers and distant POI can be intregated into the pack Am I correct?

Amazing work u guys. I wish I could help but Im not good at modding. 150 prefabs is great!!

Yeah - it seems we can handle Distant-POI's and Sleeper-Zed's in the next days (depents on Hal and Pille ;) ;) ;) )

Here is a little screenshot from the actuall rwg-previewer with custom-Prefabs mixed in:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20915[/ATTACH]

(the grey boxes are the included custom-Prefabs)

Maybe I release tommorrow the Experimental COMPOPACK for experimental A16

Yeah - it seems we can handle Distant-POI's and Sleeper-Zed's in the next days (depents on Hal and Pille ;) ;) ;) )

Here is a little screenshot from the actuall rwg-previewer with custom-Prefabs mixed in:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20915[/ATTACH]

(the grey boxes are the included custom-Prefabs)

Maybe I release tommorrow the Experimental COMPOPACK for experimental A16

I added a few of the building I like to see how its looks like and some of them are missing floors, or part of the roof structure. I dont know if you got that problem but you might wanna look before you release.

http://i.imgur.com/8jxCN2Z.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/nuQ7OSC.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/sduIhYa.jpg

I'm so excited for this, thank you so much for keeping it up! TFP may have added what, 30? new buildings, but that's only a drop on the hot stone for RWG variety. I think it's a supremely bad idea to "start over fom scratch" for the same reason, we need all the buildings we can get! I never want to play 7DTD without compo pack :)

I added a few of the building I like to see how its looks like and some of them are missing floors, or part of the roof structure. I dont know if you got that problem but you might wanna look before you release.

http://i.imgur.com/8jxCN2Z.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/nuQ7OSC.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/sduIhYa.jpg

thx for the info

yes - i know some prefabs have missing floors - others have block-misrotations (esp. all poleblocks).

Most of the converted Prefabs need a specieal portion of love. I will repair them one by one sometime later.

For now we have to deal with that.

Tonight is Release-time

@owl79: thx for the roses

@legendfire: yes the prefabs will work in Nave and RWG

UPDATE-TIME !!!

COMPOPACK_25(for_alpha16experimental) is out now !!!

What should I say about the changes ? Simply almost everything has changed:

CHANGELOG COMPOPACK_25_for_A16experimental :

- converted A15-prefabs to A16-prefabs

( the conversion is done with a failure of about 5% - many blocks have changed or removed - but iam glad we litarly have them in A16)

MIXER:

- removed all prefabs that was specially bound to the CustomHubs

- removed all citymix- and citycombo-Prefabs

- removed all Coronado-Prefabs

- removed all CityBlock-Prefabs

- added all the A15-wilderness-prefabs to the A16-spawning

- added the rest of the remaining Prefabs to the 6 new Vanilla-Prefab-Groups (ResidentialOld,ResidentialNew,Industrial,Commercial,downtown,rural)

XML's:

- removed all static-spawners

- removed "MaxPerHub" lines

- added new speciffic Zoning-Entries

- removed most of the "AllowedBiomes"-lines or entries

KNOWN ISSUES:

-Blocks:

All Pole-Blocks and some of the Plate-Blocks are misrotated after the conversion. (All Poles have Rotation=0 atm)

It was not possible to convert them easily, because they splitted the pole-blocks in 2 groups (centered- and noncentered Pole-Blocks).

Maybe there are more missing or misrotated blocks. I didn't checked every corner of all prefabs yet.

These blocks are Removed in A16: GarageDoor1,GarageDoor1CNT, sitting and laying Lootcorpses, some DestroyedConcrete-Blocks (8,9), all burntSidings, and maybe more...

-Prefabs:

The custom-Prefabs don't have mesh-files atm !!! (I will make them and add these in the next Release)

This means you can't see the Prefabs outside a range of 200 Blocks. They become visible when u near them.

This also means in WorldPreviewer they just show up as grey boxes.

-Sleepers are NOT added to the Custom-Prefabs atm !!! (I will add them in the next Release)

-Custom-Prefabs are spawning 1or2 blocks into the streets (only in cities and town). Maybe caused by the missing meshfiles !!!???

to get it go to the OPENING-POST

have fun

Mag

UPDATE-TIME !!!

COMPOPACK_25(for_alpha16experimental) is out now !!!

What should I say about the changes ? Simply almost everything has changed:

CHANGELOG COMPOPACK_25_for_A16experimental :

- converted A15-prefabs to A16-prefabs

( the conversion is done with a failure of about 5% - many blocks have changed or removed - but iam glad we litarly have them in A16)

MIXER:

- removed all prefabs that was specially bound to the CustomHubs

- removed all citymix- and citycombo-Prefabs

- removed all Coronado-Prefabs

- removed all CityBlock-Prefabs

- added all the A15-wilderness-prefabs to the A16-spawning

- added the rest of the remaining Prefabs to the 6 new Vanilla-Prefab-Groups (ResidentialOld,ResidentialNew,Industrial,Commercial,downtown,rural)

XML's:

- removed all static-spawners

- removed "MaxPerHub" lines

- added new speciffic Zoning-Entries

- removed most of the "AllowedBiomes"-lines or entries

KNOWN ISSUES:

-Blocks:

All Pole-Blocks and some of the Plate-Blocks are misrotated after the conversion. (All Poles have Rotation=0 atm)

It was not possible to convert them easily, because they splitted the pole-blocks in 2 groups (centered- and noncentered Pole-Blocks).

Maybe there are more missing or misrotated blocks. I didn't checked every corner of all prefabs yet.

These blocks are Removed in A16: GarageDoor1,GarageDoor1CNT, sitting and laying Lootcorpses, some DestroyedConcrete-Blocks (8,9), all burntSidings, and maybe more...

-Prefabs:

The custom-Prefabs don't have mesh-files atm !!! (I will make them and add these in the next Release)

This means you can't see the Prefabs outside a range of 200 Blocks. They become visible when u near them.

This also means in WorldPreviewer they just show up as grey boxes.

-Sleepers are NOT added to the Custom-Prefabs atm !!! (I will add them in the next Release)

-Custom-Prefabs are spawning 1or2 blocks into the streets (only in cities and town). Maybe caused by the missing meshfiles !!!???

to get it go to the OPENING-POST

have fun

Mag

Nice!!! lookin forward to try this out just to see the towns. Looking forward to sleepers and distant POIs ... I will use it in an actual game then. Your are awesome Mag :)

Yes it works, and looks 95% good. The normal Skyscrapers are a little bit too rare, but they are there :)

I am making my Prefabs A16 looking good and then perhaps working on existing prefabs or making new ones.

Good work for this Compilation.

Restore Hub City?

Is there a way to restore square cities and the central hub city? I've tried a bunch of hacks to the Compo Pack's rwgmixer but haven't made much progress.

• In cell_rule "default", commented out all hub_rules except "cityLarge"
  • In hub_rule "cityLarge", changed "downtown_zone_size_perc" to 0.99
  • In module "scaleBiasOutput", changed "scale" from 255 to 1

The result that only wilderness POIs appeared. Is there a way to restore large cities?

I think a lot of people are working hard to rework their Prefabs with Sleepers and Meshes to get them

stable and good looking into the A16 Release. Some Prefabs are unstable or must fix with the High they were

spawned into the RWG. We have finished 5 difficult Buildings yesterday, a lot of work ^^. The most Buildings are

quick ready. Wait some time and you will be surprised what different servers you get in A16.

Thanks for all this Buildings you collected Magoli,

Thanks for Hal9000, Pille, Gazz for the good possibility to make Meshes,

Thanks for StompyNZ for the easy way to export the buildings,

Thanks for the Fun Pimps for really good building and modding possibilities,

and all who are really hard working until it will be released :)

Is there a way to restore square cities and the central hub city? I've tried a bunch of hacks to the Compo Pack's rwgmixer but haven't made much progress.

• In cell_rule "default", commented out all hub_rules except "cityLarge"
  • In hub_rule "cityLarge", changed "downtown_zone_size_perc" to 0.99
  • In module "scaleBiasOutput", changed "scale" from 255 to 1

The result that only wilderness POIs appeared. Is there a way to restore large cities?

no chance atm !!!

@all:

I did a few meshes. Boy this job is timeeating. Could take about 2 weeks to get them all.

thx TopMinder

stay tuned

Mag

no chance atm !!!

@all:

I did a few meshes. Boy this job is timeeating. Could take about 2 weeks to get them all.

thx TopMinder

stay tuned

Mag

Ping me on steam mag, I will help with this (had plenty practise doing all 115 sections of Slaanhatten).

no chance atm !!!

@all:

thx TopMinder

stay tuned

Mag

Hmm... let me have a play with the code. I may be able to automate it with some kind of timed delay. I'll have a play and report back

Ok, I've just released a quick update to the editor (manual update to get it, it's not a new release number)

You can now do

bbb prefab meshall <time>

It'll go through each prefab in the prefab folder and create a mesh if it doesn't already have one.

The <time> component is how long you wait for the prefab to load in. The default is 2 seconds but large prefabs may not have loaded fully and you'll get a weird mesh. bbb prefab meshall 5 seemed to work for me but it may be different on your machine.

Just set it going and leave the game running and watch the mesh files pop up.

Not tested the actual mesh files but I'm out of time for the evening so let me know if you hit any problems.

Oh, it may be easier to remove the smaller/unwanted prefabs out the folder first. There's lots of tiny prefabs that don't need meshes that'll eat up time if they're left in.

Cheers,

Hal

Ok, I've just released a quick update to the editor (manual update to get it, it's not a new release number)

You can now do

bbb prefab meshall <time>

It'll go through each prefab in the prefab folder and create a mesh if it doesn't already have one.

The <time> component is how long you wait for the prefab to load in. The default is 2 seconds but large prefabs may not have loaded fully and you'll get a weird mesh. bbb prefab meshall 5 seemed to work for me but it may be different on your machine.

Just set it going and leave the game running and watch the mesh files pop up.

Not tested the actual mesh files but I'm out of time for the evening so let me know if you hit any problems.

Oh, it may be easier to remove the smaller/unwanted prefabs out the folder first. There's lots of tiny prefabs that don't need meshes that'll eat up time if they're left in.

Cheers,

Hal

GREAT - GREATER - HAL9000 !!!!! :)

wow - megacool -

never sayed that, but that was the function i have waited for (deep in my mind)

I manually did some CP-prefabs from z-a - this means iam now at xcostum_Utility_Combo(by_LuckyStar) and have made 18 so far

Slaan nicely asked if he could do some help on that too.

But now it takes just a few minutes to make the whole work - supernice !!!

U guys are great

next i concentrate on Sleepers

Edited by Magoli (see edit history)

Hi there, can i still somewhere download latest version of pack for the A15.2 with starvation mod?

Don't know about Starvation but here is the last A15 version of Compopack. Link will work only for a short time: COMPOPACK 24 for alpha 15 stable b105.7z (* Link Removed *)

Edited by LHammonds (see edit history)

• Roland locked this topic