Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

Magoli we miss you, where are you :):tongue-new:

Iam here ;)

Iam working on the rotation- and block-Issues atm.

After that the upcoming updated version of the converter will convert nearly 1:1 (99%) !!! THX AHEAD TO HAL !!!

Next CP-Release definitly will have Distant-Custom-POI's and also much less block-Errors as CP25 !!!

I dont know if i can add also sleepers to the custom-prefabs. This will be my next job.

Someone have to explain to me how the xml's-entries for sleepers work.

Also i have to get used to Pille's editor. I wonder if the editor could create the speciffic xml-lines.

Also i dont know if i can add sleepers to the prefabs ttl-files with the new editor.

So much have changed - it seems to me i have to start from scratch :)

anyway - stay tuned

Mag

Iam here ;)

Iam working on the rotation- and block-Issues atm.

After that the upcoming updated version of the converter will convert nearly 1:1 (99%) !!! THX AHEAD TO HAL !!!

Next CP-Release definitly will have Distant-Custom-POI's and also much less block-Errors as CP25 !!!

I dont know if i can add also sleepers to the custom-prefabs. This will be my next job.

Someone have to explain to me how the xml's-entries for sleepers work.

Also i have to get used to Pille's editor. I wonder if the editor could create the speciffic xml-lines.

Also i dont know if i can add sleepers to the prefabs ttl-files with the new editor.

So much have changed - it seems to me i have to start from scratch :)

anyway - stay tuned

Mag

great news Mag, always good hearing from you! I hope someone can explain to you how to add the sleepers!. I wish I knew how :(

hi survivalists

just wanted to tell u guys about my working-plan for the next Release:

1. Prechange (and prerotate) all the Lootcorpses to a unused placeholder-block in A15

(Lootcorpse-blocks was removed in A16 - I want them to be sleeper-blocks in A16)

2. Convert the CP-A15-prefabs with Hals new-updated Converter

(that should make a perfect 1:1 copy now (except the pole-blocks) after we have changed some more 40 blocks ;) - thx Hal)

3. Change the Lootcorpse-Placeholder-Blocks to sleeper-blocks with Pille's editor - Thx Pille for adding this function for me ;)

(I hope all this is working like i think to me)

4. Add the xml's from CP-25 (because they are already written and fine)

5. Add the Custom-Mesh-files Slaan has gifted to the CP - big thx to Slaan

6. Add the sleeper-lines to the prefabs that contain sleeper-blocks now - thx Slaan for the work and ur Advise ;)

7. Test if all went fine

8. Release !!! :)

Perhaps I can get the pole-block-rotoation-problem managed. I have an idea in my mind - have to test if that works

Also have plans to integrate some kind of special towns/cities - also have to test some stuff for that idea.

If everything works how i think the 3 main-problems should be solved in the next COMPOPACK-Release.

(missing Meshes - none Sleeper-Zeds - many missing or misrotated blocks)

cheers

Mag

hi survivalists

just wanted to tell u guys about my working-plan for the next Release:

1. Prechange (and prerotate) all the Lootcorpses to a unused placeholder-block in A15

(Lootcorpse-blocks was removed in A16 - I want them to be sleeper-blocks in A16)

2. Convert the CP-A15-prefabs with Hals new-updated Converter

(that should make a perfect 1:1 copy now (except the pole-blocks) after we have changed some more 40 blocks ;) - thx Hal)

3. Change the Lootcorpse-Placeholder-Blocks to sleeper-blocks with Pille's editor - Thx Pille for adding this function for me ;)

(I hope all this is working like i think to me)

4. Add the xml's from CP-25 (because they are already written and fine)

5. Add the Custom-Mesh-files Slaan has gifted to the CP - big thx to Slaan

6. Add the sleeper-lines to the prefabs that contain sleeper-blocks now - thx Slaan for the work and ur Advise ;)

7. Test if all went fine

8. Release !!! :)

Perhaps I can get the pole-block-rotoation-problem managed. I have an idea in my mind - have to test if that works

Also have plans to integrate some kind of special towns/cities - also have to test some stuff for that idea.

If everything works how i think the 3 main-problems should be solved in the next COMPOPACK-Release.

(missing Meshes - none Sleeper-Zeds - many missing or misrotated blocks)

cheers

Mag

Very nice!!!!! I'm not trying to rush you but how long will it take to get all this done?

I think, I know what your plan is. That should work. If not, I have another idea.

ok - i checked the pole-block-problem and i think i can fix that by prechanging the A15-pole-blocks and also their rotations.

Also splitting out the centered-pole-blocks and giving them a new placeholder-ID like they got in A16 then.

After conversion i just have to re-change the placeholder-blocks to their final destination-blocks.

If i had done everything well, the Pole-block should have the same apperance as before in A15.

I have noticed all blocknames,Id's and Rotations i need for this. Also found 16 free unused blocks i can use as placeholders.

Thats the Plan on that :)

But it will only work when i have a function in A16 in ur editor that enables ID-replacements to the whole prefabs folder contents.

(Zwinker,Zwinker :) )

Also I need that function to re-change the placeholders for the corpses-to-sleepers-switching

cheers

Mag

Love the pack, but the launcher wipes my RWGMixer edits?

Short version: I installed the pack, ran it through the launcher, and then I lose my RWGMixer edits. I unchecked the "Refresh Mods Automatically" box, to no avail. My recipe and item mods are fine, but not the mixer.

I modded the vanilla game to my liking, and it works great, but modding the XML for RWGMixer in the compo pack is a no-go.

When I change the file to "read only," I get a lock up.

I would like to mod the pack to resemble what I did in the vanilla game: Increase the frequency of POIs, while reducing the land generation extremes by decreasing the size of the mountains by about 1/3.

Any ideas? I can take it up with the creator of the mod launcher, but was wondering if any of you had a similar experience, and knew a work-around.

Cheers

Jude.

So, I'm trying to figure out how to add all this cool stuff to a15.

I can't seem to find an a15 compatible compo-pack anywhere. Am I missing something?

Also, I'm looking for mods that can add new enemies, even crazy stuff. I feel like I'm missing something obvious, but I can't find any of this.

Thats the Plan on that :)

But it will only work when i have a function in A16 in ur editor that enables ID-replacements to the whole prefabs folder contents.

(Zwinker,Zwinker :) )

Ha, I was right about your plan.^^

As Guppy hinted, the feature you want is already implemented. :)

Just popping my head in. Has anyone figured out how to insure a POI spawns only once in a specified hub. Like we could do in A15 with custom Hub POI list?

(As of b129) Kinda..

I Itemize the poi group lists even further in the rwgmixer and use the <max_count="">. It's the closest I have gotten it to minimize dup placements. It generally works well but I have noticed a small amount of dups here and there but it's vastly reduced than what we get from the default poi list.

In this example I am using max_count="2" for some poi's but I am basically using them as filler because some of the hubs I have been producing needed more poi's to place.

small ex:

<prefab name="abandoned_house_01" max_count="2"/>
<prefab name="abandoned_house_02" max_count="2"/>
<prefab name="abandoned_house_03" max_count="2"/>
<prefab name="abandoned_house_04" max_count="2"/>
<prefab name="abandoned_house_05" max_count="2"/>
<prefab name="abandoned_house_06" max_count="2"/>
<prefab name="abandoned_house_07" max_count="2"/>
<prefab name="abandoned_house_08" max_count="2"/>
<prefab name="bombshelter_lg_01" max_count="1"/>
<prefab name="bombshelter_md_01" max_count="1"/>
<prefab name="cemetery_01" max_count="1"/>
<prefab name="cemetery_02" max_count="1"/>
<prefab name="church_graveyard1" max_count="1"/>
<prefab name="garagebrick" max_count="2"/>
<prefab name="garageblue1" max_count="2"/>
<prefab name="garageyellow1" max_count="2"/>
<prefab name="garagewhite1" max_count="2"/>
<prefab name="garagetan1" max_count="2"/>
<prefab name="garagestucco1" max_count="2"/>
<prefab name="garagegreen1" max_count="2"/>
<prefab name="garageburnt1" max_count="2"/>
<prefab name="houseburnt1" max_count="2"/>
<prefab name="houseburnt2" max_count="2"/>
<prefab name="houseburnt3" max_count="2"/>
<prefab name="houseburnt3b" max_count="2"/>
<prefab name="houseburnt4" max_count="2"/>
<prefab name="houseburnt5" max_count="2"/>	

..and Yeah I gave every poi a max_count="" :( .

You can use the min_count="" as well but that is kinda a guessing game in that if you add too many min_counts="" and the hub won't support that amount it freaks the system out. So I only use them sparingly when I want something to spawn for sure.

You can use the <prob="'> along with the <max_count=""> as well but I noticed you need to give everything a prob="" to make it work well if you do.

Hope that helps you endeavors.

@Tin-

Thanks for the info but can you specify that list for only one hub layout like in A15. If not then you would get the POI once in every hub. Im looking to make it only spawn once in a selected hub not once in all hubs

@Tin-

Thanks for the info but can you specify that list for only one hub layout like in A15. If not then you would get the POI once in every hub. Im looking to make it only spawn once in a selected hub not once in all hubs

Yep, You can make custom hubs and use custom poi lists for every one, so you came itemize certain pois to appear in certain hubs.

Then you can use the <max_count=""> deal to make it (most likely) only appear 1 time in that specific hub. Again I have come across it dupping sometimes but very rarely.

@Tin-

So this still works?

<cell_rule name="AsiaHub" 					position="2,2" prob="0"/>
<cell_rule name="SlumsHub" 					position="-2,-2" prob="0"/>
<cell_rule name="ThemeParkHub" 			        position="-4,-4" prob="0"/>

to set the position of custom hub sets?

@Spider @Tin

hey guys - as far as i know the custom-Hubs dont work anymore.

Also old City- and town- Structures are gone. (read the last CP-ReleaseNotes)

But if u find a way to get them working pls let us know.

@Tin-

So this still works?

<cell_rule name="AsiaHub" 					position="2,2" prob="0"/>
<cell_rule name="SlumsHub" 					position="-2,-2" prob="0"/>
<cell_rule name="ThemeParkHub" 			        position="-4,-4" prob="0"/>

to set the position of custom hub sets?

Nope, you can't position custom hubs like that anymore as Magoli has stated. You can tell hubs what poi list to use (hub 'X' use these poi's and Hub 'Y" use these poi's etc,.) which is what I thought you were saying as far as custom hub (my bad).. Oh and you can't do a street layout using the old custom system either, you need to use the <axiom> char rules) to do that and that's all dependent on how the terrain allows it to place as well.

A lot of the xml..s have fluff stuff in them now... like a lot of the spawning.xmls is not even being used anymore or needed.

edit: they're still custom hubs, just not custom in the way I thought you were asking about.

Just popping my head in. Has anyone figured out how to insure a POI spawns only once in a specified hub. Like we could do in A15 with custom Hub POI list?

And this is where you got me thinking you were not asking about custom hub 'placement' but custom hub poi list ;)

@Magoli-

Thanks. That's what I thought i read here but Tin says he has it working that's why my confusion. So then there is NO WAY to make a POI spawn once and only once someplace in a rwg map? Is that correct?

And yes! you can get poi's to place once per hub! by using the min_count="1" max_count="1" but you can't get them to place at a specific designated spot.

hi survivalists

big step 2/3 is done !!! :)

that means all Custom-Prefabs have a meshfile now (big thx to Hal - he has done a new set of all a15-prefabs for me)

btw: almost all blocks has become converted 1:1 - also the Pole-Blocks are good now !!! :)

last step will be: Adding the sleepers to the prefabs. Pille will include them in the editor in some of the next Releases.

Here is a little Preview how the world could look like with Custom-Prefabs added:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21597[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]21598[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21599[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]21600[/ATTACH]

until the editor is ready i will take the time to search and repair misconverted blocks, do some testings with new township-types and add some more prefabs to the mixer.

cheers

Mag

hi survivalists

big step 2/3 is done !!! :)

that means all Custom-Prefabs have a meshfile now (big thx to Hal - he has done a new set of all a15-prefabs for me)

btw: almost all blocks has become converted 1:1 - also the Pole-Blocks are good now !!! :)

last step will be: Adding the sleepers to the prefabs. Pille will include them in the editor in some of the next Releases.

Here is a little Preview how the world could look like with Custom-Prefabs added:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21597[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]21598[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21599[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]21600[/ATTACH]

until the editor is ready i will take the time to search and repair misconverted blocks, do some testings with new township-types and add some more prefabs to the mixer.

cheers

Mag

Hey mags awesome work.

1. How so you get your rwg preview tool to look like that lol.

2. 2 of your houses may need looking at from one of my friends on steam stated the houses spawn but they use the scrap metal frames for the whole house aka walls rooves etc. And every time he goes near it I ills the fps seriously. When i at puter next will get him to upload the screenshots etc.

3. Number 2 maybe fixed in your one lol

Archived