Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

Hey Mag, thanks for your passion! Really awesome!

I found an issue in one room in a five floor high prefab, don't know the name though. one room was completely flooded with water. The room is on the second floor. Made some screens to it:

http://imgur.com/a/1xJJL

Thanks again!

Joe

Yeh thats how the prefab is built. Not an error or issue. Its meant to be like that

Im getting a lot of reference errors in A16 b1 when getting close to some prefabs, or at least I think it is the prfabs. I did not have this errors in A16 b138. Anyone experienced something like this? I Just started using A16 b1 and just transferred all prefabs and config files. Only change I from b138 to b1 was in entitygroups and entityclasses so i added those to my B138 config files.

Magoli what are you using to edit stuff and how are you inserting prefabs to test them?

I'd like to get back into creating Prefabs.

I know you asked mag but i thought id give you my a16 experience. :p. I use hals .dll for import/export into game and pilles editor for editing.

I know you asked mag but i thought id give you my a16 experience. :p. I use hals .dll for import/export into game and pilles editor for editing.

yeah - exactly so ;)

atm i just use the editor. And spawn the poi's iam working on in Nave for final check

btw:

iam on letter i now

still about 60 prefabs to repair - but i dont give up

cheers

yeah - exactly so ;)

atm i just use the editor. And spawn the poi's iam working on in Nave for final check

btw:

iam on letter i now

still about 60 prefabs to repair - but i dont give up

cheers

Mag have you tried spawning prefabs into an empty world? Makes the export/import process so much faster. I believe hal demo ed how to do this in his distant poi mesh how to video. I picked up on it watching one of slaans videos.

Mag have you tried spawning prefabs into an empty world? Makes the export/import process so much faster. I believe hal demo ed how to do this in his distant poi mesh how to video. I picked up on it watching one of slaans videos.

tbh i havent worked with any export-function since Alpha11 !!!

There was no need to all the last Alphas

I have to learn that for new when I will do the real Prefabbing-Work on world - LOL

But at first I have to Repair the blocks in the Pack (this i do with the editor) -

then I will add all the new A16-Prefabs to the mixer and then I will Release CP27 !!!

After that I wanna ressurect the Asia-Town somehow (other specific town-types too ???)

Also I want to add some of the new blocks to some Prefabs and also change some glass to bulletproofed_glass

btw: iam on letter M now :)

oh - just to mention:

my current work just belongs to the misrotated and missing blocks (sometimes a little fix here and there) but thats all for now

dont expect any wonders - the Prefabs will nearly look like u are used from A15 !!!

cheers

tbh i havent worked with any export-function since Alpha11 !!!

There was no need to all the last Alphas

I have to learn that for new when I will do the real Prefabbing-Work on world - LOL

But at first I have to Repair the blocks in the Pack (this i do with the editor) -

then I will add all the new A16-Prefabs to the mixer and then I will Release CP27 !!!

After that I wanna ressurect the Asia-Town somehow (other specific town-types too ???)

Also I want to add some of the new blocks to some Prefabs and also change some glass to bulletproofed_glass

btw: iam on letter M now :)

oh - just to mention:

my current work just belongs to the misrotated and missing blocks (sometimes a little fix here and there) but thats all for now

dont expect any wonders - the Prefabs will nearly look like u are used from A15 !!!

cheers

Nice Mag!!!!

Maybe ill do a video on how i use hal and pilles tools together. Its certainly made my editing faster.

Oooh, maybe you could also sneak in a "hidden stash" crate here and there? Thank you for fixing all the prefabs! I for one think they're impressive and totally worth it.

Working through Buildings.

Hello!

I love the compo pack and have decided to learn prefabbing to assist updating and maintenance.

My first work has been on xcostum_House_AF02R(19x35)(by_Nodabba).

I have fixed all the rotations, done some painting, replaced some of the blocks with newer versions (railings, wood logs etc), reverted all air to unpainted, and added proper zombie sleeper spawns. Only thing I can't get figured out is the mesh.

[ATTACH]22088[/ATTACH] excuse the file name, couldn't figure the system out.

I am going to keep working through the prefabs as ordered in rwgmixer.

Let me know what you think!

Edit. Have gone over AF03D too now. Left zeds along, just fixed rotation and chests.

FYI I am changing player storage chests to 331, the generic lootable chest. Similar changes with the crates.

[ATTACH]22089[/ATTACH]

wut.zip

AF03D.zip

Nice Mag!!!!

Maybe ill do a video on how i use hal and pilles tools together. Its certainly made my editing faster.

Would defo be interested in that video, I've thought of doing a similar thing too. Not so much a tutorial, just a day in the office with laz style, I think sometimes just seeing how someone else is 'doing' things can be a big help and I don't think many people watching hal's mesh creation tutorial really grasp how awesomely useful that empty world can be.

Would defo be interested in that video, I've thought of doing a similar thing too. Not so much a tutorial, just a day in the office with laz style, I think sometimes just seeing how someone else is 'doing' things can be a big help and I don't think many people watching hal's mesh creation tutorial really grasp how awesomely useful that empty world can be.

There are some inefficenicies in my editing I havent bothered to fix. For example, when i import a prefab into hals empty world, for some reason it looks for the prefab in some old modding folder i dont use any more. :p

So after i edit something in pilles editor, i end up copying/pasting the .tts file into the old folder so i can import it into hals empty world. :p

Hello!

I love the compo pack and have decided to learn prefabbing to assist updating and maintenance.

My first work has been on xcostum_House_AF02R(19x35)(by_Nodabba).

I have fixed all the rotations, done some painting, replaced some of the blocks with newer versions (railings, wood logs etc), reverted all air to unpainted, and added proper zombie sleeper spawns. Only thing I can't get figured out is the mesh.

[ATTACH]22088[/ATTACH] excuse the file name, couldn't figure the system out.

I am going to keep working through the prefabs as ordered in rwgmixer.

Let me know what you think!

Edit. Have gone over AF03D too now. Left zeds along, just fixed rotation and chests.

FYI I am changing player storage chests to 331, the generic lootable chest. Similar changes with the crates.

[ATTACH]22089[/ATTACH]

havent checked them yet - but nice work

If I dont change them with mine completly, perhaps I will add them as ownstanding versions to the rwg-world

however - thx for that

@owl79: havent checked out the 'hidden stash' - Are that bound to any new block_ID ?

Or did u just ment placing more Lootcontainers with better Loot ?

There are some inefficenicies in my editing I havent bothered to fix.

Lol yeh, once you get a system, it's hard to change. =)

Now that I'm using Stompy's code to import/export, it saves me a little time because the default folder is the game prefab folder. But otherwise, I'd spend minutes trying to chase down why a prefab didn't import, when come to find out I'm on the wrong network share, maybe the wrong game install, etc... lol.

@owl79: havent checked out the 'hidden stash' - Are that bound to any new block_ID ?

Or did u just ment placing more Lootcontainers with better Loot ?

They're a new loot crate with a special loot list, called "hidden stash" in-game, blocks 718/719. Certainly shouldn't be in every POI, but be rarer surprises (afaik the vanilla POIs use 18 in total, 10 of those are in the Higashi skyscraper, 3 in the pawn shop, 5 as singles in different POIs). There are also some new, more specific boxes used everywhere in vanilla, that fit certain themes, like lab equipment crates 1058/1059, bookstore crates 1192, car part crates 1194, construction supplies 1221/1222 (in addition to shamway 1182/1183, shotgun messiah 1245/1246 and workingstiffs 1330/1331).

They're a new loot crate with a special loot list, called "hidden stash" in-game, blocks 718/719. Certainly shouldn't be in every POI, but be rarer surprises (afaik the vanilla POIs use 18 in total, 10 of those are in the Higashi skyscraper, 3 in the pawn shop, 5 as singles in different POIs). There are also some new, more specific boxes used everywhere in vanilla, that fit certain themes, like lab equipment crates 1058/1059, bookstore crates 1192, car part crates 1194, construction supplies 1221/1222 (in addition to shamway 1182/1183, shotgun messiah 1245/1246 and workingstiffs 1330/1331).

Interesting. What items are assigned to the containers loot list?

Huh. Things in the code block don't count as characters for minimum character count in posts. Weird.

<lootcontainer id="95" count="1,2" size="5,4" sound_open="UseActions/open_cardboard" sound_close="UseActions/close_cardboard" loot_quality_template="treasureTemplate">
<item group="weaponsMilitaryGuns+ammo" prob="0.8"/>
<item group="weaponsBasicGuns+ammo"/>
<item name="compoundBow" prob="0.3"/>
<item group="rareOres" count="2,5"/>
<item group="rareBooks" count="1,2" prob="0.5"/>
<item group="banditArmor" count="1,2" prob="0.5"/>
<item group="heavyArmor" count="1,2" prob="0.5"/>
<item group="militaryArmor" count="1,2" prob="0.5"/>
</lootcontainer>

Lol yeh, once you get a system, it's hard to change. =)

Now that I'm using Stompy's code to import/export, it saves me a little time because the default folder is the game prefab folder. But otherwise, I'd spend minutes trying to chase down why a prefab didn't import, when come to find out I'm on the wrong network share, maybe the wrong game install, etc... lol.

Secret confessions of a modern day prefabber.

If you don't have a mini heart attack on patch day because you only have one install then your doing it wrong :shame:

I'll get round to it...

If you don't have a mini heart attack on patch day because you only have one install then your doing it wrong :shame:

I'll get round to it...

Yeh; too many times I forgot to back up serverconfig and then update; luckily Rat is still usually up and I can just hit "write config" and be done. But yeh, lost many a mods to not backing up my xml's. :)

I'll get round to it...

HAHA- just glad i did no modifications on the mixer (because i also didn't do a backup since 2 days - lol)

@owl79: thx for the detailed infos - perhaps i add some of these 718/719 blocks

on letter n now

cheers

I thought what is that mysterious hole in the ground, maybe it coulde bring me to unknown place underground lol. But when i hit that "hole" with axe, it turned out that this was just a tree that has been growen upside down :biggrin-new:

uf2hfBI.jpg

tw9y1TF.jpg

Oh yea, I was wondering if these where going to get updated.

in 2 or 3 days I will drop out COMPOPACK27

just 18 Prefabs left to repair now (+adding the few new ones (guppy/laz) to the mixer and then its Releasetime ;)

@Apocalypticus: thx for the Info

@avares: yes - its true - many rotations of trees turned into upsidedown-positions in A16 - It will be fixed in the next Release

Iam still interrested in servers that has got installed the COMPOPACK.

When iam done with CP27 i just want to play the game with others PVE-MP.

Please let me know where i can find a nice server to have some COMPOPACK-fun !!!!

thx ahead guys

cheers

Archived