Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

Can COMPOPACK_24 be re-uploaded, as i do not want to use Alpha 16 right now, Please and Thanks!

I have added some older Releases to the OP - have fun

@Stallionsden:

to 1. nice huh? - it was the first testseed i got after adding the meshes :) - But its still the old CP25-mixer, so i guess the next Release contains even more different POI's as u can detect here on the pics

to 2. Yes - after i Released CP25 i still found about 40 more wrong blocks/Rotations - this is already fixed to 99.9% atm

The Prefabs in CP26 should look like how we know them from A15.

cheers

Mag

I have added some older Releases to the OP - have fun

@Stallionsden:

to 1. nice huh? - it was the first testseed i got after adding the meshes :) - But its still the CP-mixer, so i guess the next Release contains even more different POI's as u can detect here on the pics

to 2. Yes - after i Released CP25 i still found about 40 more wrong blocks/Rotations - this is already fixed to 99.9% atm

The Prefabs in CP26 should look like how we know them from A15.

cheers

Mag

Lol no i meant how did you get your RWG preview tool to look like that with all the colours etc. When i look at the rwg preview tool its like just lines and buildings lol not look like yours

Lol no i meant how did you get your RWG preview tool to look like that with all the colours etc. When i look at the rwg preview tool its like just lines and buildings lol not look like yours

the coloring is pregiven - the world and streets is random - i just used wasd and mouse to enable a got photospot :)

biome colours and terrain disappearing is the modders curse, at some point I hit a stage where all I get is POI's and roads showing in the previewer, I just back up my stuff and purge the install to fix it as I'm not sure what it is that kills it so suddenly

hi survivalists

I want to Release as soon as possible, but:

I have to wait for a important editor-function before I wanna Release CP26.

I need it to solve the last 2 impotant block-Issues I have found.

It belongs to the old TileFloor4Blocks. This is what happend to them in A16 :) :

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21677[/ATTACH]

The 2nd block(s) is awning-CRN-full-Corner (Green,Red,Tan)

they are blocky corner-frames-stairs atm :)

Also Sleepers are still not added atm ( ididnt had the time and concrentration for that yet )

(Perhaps the next Release maybe dont have Sleeper's !?!?!)

tbh i poked around with the block-changes and the Misrotations since about 4 weeks.

(And also made some progress in sleeper-adding and Meshfiles)

Casefile: Static-Zombie-Spawner:

I made 2 tests in Nave - and 1 test in RWG:

And I still have that point: Static-Spawners are NOT working in A16 IMO !!!

Can anybody confrim that ???

Mag

hi survivalists

It belongs to the old TileFloor4Blocks. This is what happend to them in A16 :) :

Also Sleepers are still not added atm ( ididnt had the time and concrentration for that yet )

tbh i poked around with the block-changes and the Misrotations since about 4 weeks.

Mag

I hope the combo pack conversion dont stress you out to much. The world is so empty without your combo pack. P.S. Floor looks sweet.

hi survivalists

Mag

I am fairly certain the tilefloorblock is now a texture you add with a paintbrush as there is no tileblock in the creative menu either when i was playing and needed one....

- - - Updated - - -

biome colours and terrain disappearing is the modders curse, at some point I hit a stage where all I get is POI's and roads showing in the previewer, I just back up my stuff and purge the install to fix it as I'm not sure what it is that kills it so suddenly

lol i mean the colours. Mags has greens and purples and roads and buildings lol mine has like a squiggly lines and blank background and the cities look nothing like his pic lol

Perhaps we can add random sleeper volumes and blocks. Not sure how but I have some ideas. There is an old german proverb: "Besser ein Zombie auf dem Dach als kein Zombie in der Hand". ;)

(Translation: Two zombies spawned in the bush are more worth than no zombie in the hand.)

Perhaps we can add random sleeper volumes and blocks. Not sure how but I have some ideas. There is an old german proverb: "Besser ein Zombie auf dem Dach als kein Zombie in der Hand". ;)

(Translation: Two zombies in the bush are more worth than no zombies in the hand.)

Make things interesting... cover the world with sleeper blocks =D

easy solution: load sleeper blocks into every prefab then make a volume that covers the entire prefab... will work ok as a quick measure until more refined sleeper volumes can be added. For the big prefabs could split it into 3 or 4 sections

Mags the tile floor blooks that your on about being knackerd, just change em to concrete. I found that the painted textures are right it's just the actual block shape thats off.

*edit*

I;ll grab you on steam and we can discuss a list of prefabs you'd like me to work on and I'll start doing the sleeper volumes for some of them. I could use the extra practise and I'm getting better at laying them out with each try.

easy solution: load sleeper blocks into every prefab then make a volume that covers the entire prefab... will work ok as a quick measure until more refined sleeper volumes can be added. For the big prefabs could split it into 3 or 4 sections

thx Stompy - that was what i thought in my mind too.

last night i played a bit around with Sleepers and the editor.

Shouldn't take to much time to implement some sleeper-volumes. Esp when I got Slaan's help ;)

Most of the Prefabs already contain Sleeper-blocks in the best positions now.

(As u know I changed all Lootcorpses (sitting and laying) to SleeperZeds (sitting and laying)

But first things first:

1. The (automated) block-works are now finished 100% (Thx Pille for ur editor-dev-version, it worked well for that job)

Some Prefabs need a kinda polish (some people call it magolize lol) (=adding the new blocks, make them nicer, remove old unconverted blocks) - yes, they do need that since alpha 11 (but as i always said: i want to wait for the big block- and Rotation-resampling (what was done with A16 :) ) before I will polish them again. Not to mention: the Painting !!!

(this means I will take care of that in near future)

2. Iam about to add the Sleeper-volumes right now. I think tommorrow I will Release the next CP-version.

stay tuned

Mag

with Sleepers and distant POIs ?

maybe and yes ;)

distand POI's are in and running perfectly (there is no difference to the vanilla-distand-POI's) :)

Iam still working on the Sleeper-Volumes. But as I wanted to start i noticed a little Issue that stopped me working.

It belongs to the xml's format (lines) after saving the prefab. I already reported that to Pille.

As I said: Its just a little thing, maybe the game even dont care about, but its important for me to have the same look on the xml as before.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/90nimq8j3au7w38/xml-bug01.jpg?dl=0

Above:before saving - below: after saving prefab with newest editorversion.

Call me crazy, but yes i use the windows-editor to edit the prefabs-xml's - Iam used to it and its symbols in the folder :)

(the Issue just belongs to the windows-editor. In notepad++ its still fine)

Perhaps i will start with the volumes tommorrow, and break the xml-lines downs manually after saving prefab - but i dont want to do this 150 times and also need extra time for it

good night

Mag

The random sleeper generator is almost done. The volume placement is not as good as manual placement but if the list is too long for you Slaan, we could populate the remaining prefabs using this function.

After A LOT of experimenting, some thought really does need to go into the volume placements as it's ultimately gonna be the deciding factor of an amazing prefab or "wow more teleporting zombies".

I think this last little update to your tool will really finish it off nicely. The last issues I'm having with the "triggered empty volume" console error I believe may be due to me braking up my large volumes into better thought out smaller ones and not leaving enough sleeper blocks within them to trigger.

I'd hate to see single sleeper volumes on the buildings, it's such a cheap and nasty 'fix' that it is only just barley better than nothing. I'm one of the few who can fully appreciate the time you need to make 150 prefabs work well, we need as many shortcuts as possible, sleepers will soak up some love like no other thing we do with prefabs and it would be a shame to not make the most of such a fun and robust system.

The time spent adding a single group, choosing options from the drop downs and pressing save is about 1/3 of the time you will need to do a house size building properly, when your at the stage of making a single volume work in a minute or so, then there's no reason you can't do 3-4 in just as little time and call the sleepers 'finished properly'.

It boils down to the time factor I guess, but I've watched mags work at it like a machine fixing this pack between six? Alphas now, I understand totally the need to look at quick fixes. If I helped with one building for every live server I ran with the compo pack, he'd be about half way to completion, so I'm more than happy to take off some of the load.

Archived