Alpha 21 Discussion Overflow

meilodasreh

20 minutes ago, RipClaw said:

As far as I have read, you should find more glue and duct tape in loot. In addition, the recipe for glue was changed so that you now need clean water.

If you want to craft a lot of glue then you will need several dew collectors. For 100 glue per week you will probably need 6 dew collectors.

Ah perfect thanks for clarifying :)

I'll have to see how it shakes out with those changes as it seems lots of different areas have been tweaked. I could see myself needing a lot more than just 6 dew collectors haha

I can already see whats to come in the future : Group of biker bandits. Survival camps/Military Camps with armed men guarding, Different quests or tasks for helping the survivor camps etc. Like in any Zombie web series. All of this and still the game is not lagging.

Please dont say I am dreaming. Things may happen.

9 hours ago, RipClaw said:

It's interesting how everything is defined as "sitting on your butt" where you doesn't stand in front of a loot container and press E.

I think it is more defined as activities that carry a risk. Building and mining are considered lower risk activities since looting has been designed to have zombies seeded around the containers.

It isn’t really the pressing E part of it at all. 

10 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

and about zombie models. i would have done something like what Dying light 1 did
"make alot of the zombies look the same in terms of faces" the issue i see is that that give zombies too much personality like

they add so much detail, ill uses the biker or solder as a example 

Bikers have tons of tatoos, beard, and stuff like pins, bagges and Logos. 
Solders have their guts open, a bullet hole in the head. 

A good example i would give is the hazmat zombie and burnt zombie
Basic look, hazmat dude that turned.... nothing more. 
Burnt zombie is burned..... the end 

if it were up too me, i would have a few faces that look the same-ish. and make the cloths more plain. 

Honestly: DL1 was good about zombie models. You could find soldiers with diffrent variants, swat a looking a little bit diffrent. Zombie civilians looks diffrent because just colour of their clothe is diffrent. So that's why i love DL1 while DL2 looks like "clone wars". This is sad that l4d2 was made in 2009 and have much more zombie variants that modern games xd

5 minutes ago, Roland said:

I think it is more defined as activities that carry a risk. Building and mining are considered lower risk activities since looting has been designed to have zombies seeded around the containers.

Zombie in this games isn't big risk. It's not project zomboid when you trying to avoid them or l4d2 when you have be careful all time.

Mining is the most effective thing - because you never waist time - looking for interesting POI's need time so you just wast time walking and running. While during mining  you are effective 99% of time because you gain EXP and materials. So maybe you can find something interesting in POI but this is offten wasting time

6 hours ago, RipClaw said:

As far as I have read, you should find more glue and duct tape in loot. In addition, the recipe for glue was changed so that you now need clean water.

If you want to craft a lot of glue then you will need several dew collectors. For 100 glue per week you will probably need 6 dew collectors.

Considering the size of the dew collectors, and proclaimed rarity of the filters, I'm really hoping glue and duct tape become more commonly found in loot and at traders.

1 hour ago, Roland said:

If mining is supposed to be low-risk, someone needs to rebalance the heat system. About every 3 minutes a screamer spawns when I mine metal and if I'm unlucky a whole screamer horde follows including more screamers.

12 hours ago, schwanz9000 said:

Nope. Never play....

that does explain it all. :)

1 hour ago, Old Crow said:

Considering the size of the dew collectors, and proclaimed rarity of the filters, I'm really hoping glue and duct tape become more commonly found in loot and at traders.

so if the devs change things to up the ante to a survival game... you basically want an offset to make it counter the change... hmmm sounds like playing american football in reverse only mode. you will never win nor advance. :)

As I have said, I welcome the idea of a water collector and eliminating jars/boiled water. The way the game works now first two or three days water can be challenging but after finding a cook pot by day four water has become irrelevant for the remainder of the game.

I suspect we will all simply build multiple water collectors to avoid thirst however even in this likely scenario we won’t have all these junk items floating around in our storage/boxes/inventory.

2 hours ago, unholyjoe said:

that does explain it all. :)

so if the devs change things to up the ante to a survival game... you basically want an offset to make it counter the change... hmmm sounds like playing american football in reverse only mode. you will never win nor advance. :)

I read it more like they were just hoping glue and duct tape got rebalanced accordingly (which apparently they have been)

5 hours ago, Matt115 said:

Mining is the most effective thing - because you never waist time - looking for interesting POI's need time so you just wast time walking and running. While during mining  you are effective 99% of time because you gain EXP and materials. So maybe you can find something interesting in POI but this is offten wasting time

Most effective doesn't mean it's the more fun / entertaining thing.  Biased opinion here, but I would rather experience all of the POIs the game has to offer at least once than mining away in the ground.

Edited by Laz Man (see edit history)

8 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Most effective doesn't mean it's the more fun / entertaining thing.  Biased opinion here, but I would rather experience all of the POIs the game has to offer at least once than mining away in the ground.

"fun" well can be everything - for someone fun can be run and gun in fortnite while somone would be fun spend 1 hour per turn in Total war. HOI is... frustraiting game that's why people love thing game soo much. Arma is not "fun" game but  people love this that you can sometimes sit in one place and do... nothing.

Well ofc early is neccesary to go inside every POI but during mid if you can have food near base there no big sense to check most POI's like houses - yes some of them like shops are worthy but most of them are just background. And that's logical. I know that people spend a lot of time making such POI's and it's neccesary in game like this but..that's why ruins in wasteland are soo good - looks good and you know that' shoudn't be anything there. I think too many Pois are "full of loot". Because almost everyhouse have tons of wood, probably 3-4 weapons and random crate. I undertand why but from "setting " point of view bad . I know this is a little bit not directly connected with your post but... too much of " worth loot" empty houses is just annoing

5 hours ago, Code_Ovrld said:

Not specifically to Roland, just found the first moderator and quoted the last thing they said. 

I don't want to start anything but Git is changing its stuff from Master to Main. Wondering if you guys could make an update that changes all of your base xml definitions to something neutral. not saying anything wrong with Master, just saying there are other words that imply inheritance 

Can I get an @Guppycur translation on this?

2 hours ago, Pyrrhrick said:

I read it more like they were just hoping glue and duct tape got rebalanced accordingly (which apparently they have been)

a lot has been re-balanced and a lot is still being re-balanced. my personal take on it is simple.... the game is not ridiculously re-balanced to where you die quicker... but you do have to work to live (hopefully) and not order out for those door dash meals in the game. :)

and seriously... there will be those who these changes will not affect and thats where modding comes in if its not hard enough. (but that just my thoughts) :)

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)

7 hours ago, Code_Ovrld said:

I don't want to start anything but Git is changing its stuff from Master to Main. Wondering if you guys could make an update that changes all of your base xml definitions to something neutral. not saying anything wrong with Master, just saying there are other words that imply inheritance 

@Roland If you have some spare time is there any way we can have a barf emoji. Please?

4 hours ago, Roland said:

Can I get an @Guppycur translation on this?

git is a versioning system that had its main thread called "master" as default. But they recently changed that because the old term was implicated as a reminder of slavery. Now the poster seems to see some uses of the term "master" somewhere in or around TFPs xml, or maybe in the versioning inside the steam data base(?).

54 minutes ago, meganoth said:

git is a versioning system that had its main thread called "master" as default. But they recently changed that because the old term was implicated as a reminder of slavery. Now the poster seems to see some uses of the term "master" somewhere in or around TFPs xml, or maybe in the versioning inside the steam data base(?).

This.  It's some PC bs.

Seems the English language is getting the same treatment as the game... Dumbing down. 😉

9 hours ago, Laz Man said:

For everyone, fun is something different. I find it much more fun to build something myself than to run through a POI that someone else built and kill zombies.

1 hour ago, RipClaw said:

For everyone, fun is something different. I find it much more fun to build something myself than to run through a POI that someone else built and kill zombies.

To be clear, I wasn't saying my fun is the same as everyone else's fun.  My point to Matt is just because something is more "effective," doesn't mean everyone would prefer doing it vs other activities.

10 hours ago, unholyjoe said:

a lot has been re-balanced and a lot is still being re-balanced. my personal take on it is simple.... the game is not ridiculously re-balanced to where you die quicker... but you do have to work to live (hopefully) and not order out for those door dash meals in the game. :)

and seriously... there will be those who these changes will not affect and thats where modding comes in if its not hard enough. (but that just my thoughts) :)

Haha of course I'm sure rebalances will be happening out the wazoo :) 

To be clear, not really talking about survivability but more the efficacy of recipes impacted by the water change. The example of needing 60 water for 75 arrows  - would be easy to overtune it, where crafting them just wouldn't be worth it (so not really the scope of a mod) - that's the only point I was getting at really.

But I'll shut up as you said there's tons of rebalancing, so won't know for sure the impact till I get my grubby hands on it :)

2 hours ago, Laz Man said:

To be clear, I wasn't saying my fun is the same as everyone else's fun.  My point to Matt is just because something is more "effective," doesn't mean everyone would prefer doing it vs other activities.

Matts argument has another problem: If you can do one activity uninterupted for a long time and a second one only half the time because you have to run inbetween it doesn't automatically mean that the first one is more effective. If the first activity only gets you 1/10th of the resources (like xp or materials) per minute, then the second one would still be more efficient (just as an example)

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Games'n'Grumble said:

Hello, @faatal! You have already answered that DLSS and FSR are unlikely to be included in 7DTD, but what do you think about XeSS, a new technology being developed by Intel? Are the same principles used there?

And also please tell us what you have been working on lately and what are you working on now?:)

To my understanding XeSS just works the game doesn’t need to be coded for it. However I am certainly not an expert.

Also while I am excited that a 3rd player could start making cards (I am a big believer in the Rule of Three), intel has a tendency to dump projects rather fast. Basically avoid intel cards until the show or commit to being in the market for a while or accept intel could stop making and supporting cards at any moment without notice.

43 minutes ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

To my understanding XeSS just works the game doesn’t need to be coded for it. However I am certainly not an expert.

Also while I am excited that a 3rd player could start making cards (I am a big believer in the Rule of Three), intel has a tendency to dump projects rather fast. Basically avoid intel cards until the show or commit to being in the market for a while or accept intel could stop making and supporting cards at any moment without notice.

While generally correct, you as customer are not interested in how long projects last but how long support exists for the card you bought. Since Intel will surely or does already use the same design in their CPUs as well (as integrated GPU) they will hardly scrap the project completely. And support of a whole family of GPUs tends to be mostly an all-or-nothing thing, i.e. what helps the iGPUs will help the discrete GPUs as well because it is the same universal driver software.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

1 hour ago, meganoth said:

While generally correct, you as customer are not interested in how long projects last but how long support exists for the card you bought. Since Intel will surely or does already use the same design in their CPUs as well (as integrated GPU) they will hardly scrap the project completely. And support of a whole family of GPUs tends to be mostly an all-or-nothing thing, i.e. what helps the iGPUs will help the discrete GPUs as well because it is the same universal driver software.

Yeah it is about support for windows & overall driver support.

I really like intel, I believe they are capable of great things, I really want them to be successful with video cards. Our current Duopoly is boring and sucks.