Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

3 hours ago, RipClaw said:
13 hours ago, HB_H4wk said:

Make it a challenge, say a zombies hits you in the head with their hand you are injured on that side of your face for a day or so and can only see out of one eye.

Honestly, I would mod something like that right out of the game. For me, the blurred vision is bad enough when you bleed, and that effect only lasts a few seconds. Going a whole day with only one eye would be unbearable.

How's that supposed to work anyway? Half of the monitor staying dark? 

Or did I just miss that point of time where everybody got a pair of VR goggles, just me yokel still sitting in front of a big flat-panel?

So, no not for me. Me pays lotta bucks for ye big ol' ultrawide thingy, not gonna let you new-fangled city boys cut it in half.

WHAT SH!& THE F%§K UP GRANMA YEAH I'LL GO FEED THE CALVES RIGHT NOW!

...geez where's that titty-bottle again...

12 minutes ago, meilodasreh said:

How's that supposed to work anyway? Half of the monitor staying dark? 

More or less. When one eye is covered or closed, the field of view is limited and you can't estimate distances as well because stereoscopic vision is missing.
It would definitely be annoying. You can get used to it but it would certainly not be fun.

Recently, for the past month I read few reviews in some gaming websites about best survival games.

I am really glad that 7 days to die pops up among titles such as Days Gone, DayZ, Rust, Fight for The Last Piece of Chocolate With Your Twin Sister and so on.

Can`t wait for stable version of this alpha and see what`s next ! 

I hope they are making new animations for the animals as well. The current ones are...rough. The new zombie dog looks great, and I think it actually has new animations but it still looks pretty goofy to me if you just sit and watch it walk around.

Guys, are you aware of Enshrouded, a new voxel-based game that was in beta demo a few weeks ago on Steam? I tried it out with some friends.

All the rocks and terrain surfaces looked much smoother and much more detailed than 7 days to die thanks to a tessellation shader, with a performance cost is only 2-3 fps. By disabling this option in the menu you can see a huge change and how low poly that hole in the ground is. I think this could work wonders for 7 days, as although it is improving a lot in its modeling and textures, the ultra low poly of the terrain is one of the things that keeps breaking immersion.

@faatal theoretically this would be feasible in 7D2D? I have seen that it is possible also in the old built-in render pipeline.

2 hours ago, HB_H4wk said:

Great new animals, so does that mean different types of meat and other food recipes? I'm still wanting a Zombie Stag deer. Also could there be an option to change the screamers to Moaners?

That would be a cool normal zombie. He just lures (AKa spawns) a small amount of zombies and can spawn in pois. While screamers spawn hordes basicly 

On 11/3/2023 at 12:41 AM, bdubyah said:

I hope they are making new animations for the animals as well. The current ones are...rough. The new zombie dog looks great, and I think it actually has new animations but it still looks pretty goofy to me if you just sit and watch it walk around.

The zombie dog does have new animations.  I hope we get it on the wolfs and coyotes. Maybe feral dogs??? 

But the game could uses difficultly in terms of wildlife again. Cuz they made it to easy in A21. As of yet I have not found 1 bear in the forest! I need some danger! Add a mountain lion or 2 or something!

4 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

But the game could uses difficultly in terms of wildlife again. Cuz they made it to easy in A21. As of yet I have not found 1 bear in the forest! I need some danger! Add a mountain lion or 2 or something!

The forest biome is the safest there is... they can't add bears or wolves back in!

Maybe a zombie kitten? :fear:

kitten licking GIF

Edited by Jost Amman (see edit history)

The only thing I would like with the predators, basically the animals is to add
simple activity sounds. By this i mean, footsteps, brush rustling.

I wear headphones with surround sound Dsp, and or 7 speaker surround though
my stereo to add atmosphere, or AtmosFear as I walk.  In one alpha the 3d sound
and distance resonance was better.

Then it seemed to go back to a more general singular volume and simple binary direction,
and all sounds seem to be the same distance away no matter how far the entity is.

If possible before completion can sound be added to the predators. I know they have padded
feet, but they are not only walking on cloth. Under brush  rustling, and the click of the nails,
or the crunch of snow would add more intensity. Even with the humanoids, if there were less
vocal sounds and more focus on the, footsteps it adds suspense.

Even if its not to be added to vanilla , if you add the foot colliders, and postcard grass colliders,
but left a null sound. Then posted a note in the xml.txt.  I could personally add a sound without

being intrusive to others game play.

My first point is always in hunting small game. I see the neon pointer, but would also enjoy hearing
the rabbits and chickens skitter through the grass.