Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

45 minutes ago, Ricowan said:

Maybe these threads should go back to being actual DEVELOPER diaries and not wish lists or complaints about stuff that has nothing to do with a dev post?

Well, that's easy to do: they just need to create a locked thread where only devs can post.

The same thread would also need every post from us to be moderated, which means that only posts in-topic for the devs would go through.

So, each time a post is approved the devs will be able to answer to that and everyone would be able to ready. Problem solved. :) 

1 hour ago, Jost Amman said:

Well, that's easy to do: they just need to create a locked thread where only devs can post.

The same thread would also need every post from us to be moderated, which means that only posts in-topic for the devs would go through.

So, each time a post is approved the devs will be able to answer to that and everyone would be able to ready. Problem solved. :) 

But wears the fun in that plus some changes happen cuz of that 

Like the steel club was going to be the Iron club! Someone talked about it to madmole and they switched it. Cuz a bigass club being somehow weaker then a baseball bat made no sense! And the tough guy glasses cuz there was no armor peice that gave you fortitude 

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

On 1/7/2024 at 2:39 PM, Adam the Waster said:

But wears the fun in that plus some changes happen cuz of that 

Like the steel club was going to be the Iron club! Someone talked about it to madmole and they switched it. Cuz a bigass club being somehow weaker then a baseball bat made no sense! And the tough guy glasses cuz there was no armor peice that gave you fortitude 

It should have been tough guy facial piercings lol

Why is the forum posting everything twice lately? Or is it just my browser being a spaz?

Ok apparently just my browser being a spaz even though I restarted the browser and even rebooted the computer twice. *shrugs*

3 hours ago, Kalex said:

Why is the forum posting everything twice lately? Or is it just my browser being a spaz?

Ok apparently just my browser being a spaz even though I restarted the browser and even rebooted the computer twice. *shrugs*

This new forum software sucks and should be burned with fire.

This new cloudflare requirement should join it in flames.

1 hour ago, Guppycur said:

This new cloudflare requirement should join it in flames.

Problem is... we live in a time where no website is safe from hackers.

Those mother @%$#ers ruined the entire world and made the Internet and remote connection to networks a PITA.

I hope they live a miserable life in their basements, because they're making everyone's life miserable.

Instead of putting them in jail, the establishment has put us, in jail! :mad2:

On 1/11/2024 at 2:37 AM, FramFramson said:

It is kinda wild. This thread started March 16 2022, but A22 is (supposedly) only 3 months out.

That said, we have been getting small updates here and there outside the forums.

Looks like the update is going to be bigger then expected 

Maybe because they have to optimize the game for console. So they gotta go through stuff...

10 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

Looks like the update is going to be bigger then expected 

Maybe because they have to optimize the game for console. So they gotta go through stuff...

Yeah, the PC part might still be mostly characters and other graphical improvements, but the console update has got to be huge.

Console is not an update though, it is a brand new game.  Meaning, if you got the TellTale Games version, the last update for the TTG 7 days to die is the final version prior to them going bankrupt.  The console version they are working on today is with a new publisher and not using the TTG code.

Oh I didn't know it was actually going to be an entirely separate game for the console crowd. I'd heard it would have to be paid for, but thought it was going to be like a DLC or something.

Either way, it's a huge amount of work.

22 minutes ago, FramFramson said:

Oh I didn't know it was actually going to be an entirely separate game for the console crowd. I'd heard it would have to be paid for, but thought it was going to be like a DLC or something.

Either way, it's a huge amount of work.

I really think the main reason Is

A: Optimization for both PC and consoles, cuz 7days does take alot to run properly and even then it can run poorly and maybe clean up the code a bit 

2: remaking all of the old assets again for stuff like animals, vehicles, and MAYBE the UI but we haven't seen anything yet

14 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

I really think the main reason Is

A: Optimization for both PC and consoles, cuz 7days does take alot to run properly and even then it can run poorly and maybe clean up the code a bit 

2: remaking all of the old assets again for stuff like animals, vehicles, and MAYBE the UI but we haven't seen anything yet

the UI is an interesting point i liked the look of some of the new ui design concepts....i wonder if we'll see those in a22 or a22.x or a later build i do miss the old ui pre alpha 13 so having a new one that looks less bland would be nice, dont get me wrong the current one works but it just doesnt look the greatest when compared to the classic ui map, inventory, character screen etc.

On 1/13/2024 at 9:12 PM, Callum123456789 said:

the UI is an interesting point i liked the look of some of the new ui design concepts....i wonder if we'll see those in a22 or a22.x or a later build i do miss the old ui pre alpha 13 so having a new one that looks less bland would be nice, dont get me wrong the current one works but it just doesnt look the greatest when compared to the classic ui map, inventory, character screen etc.

At first I didn't really like it but then again change can be scary. After looking at the concept.  I started liking it aside from the health bar. 

There is no true image yet but here's hoping we get something too...

Hopefully 

53 minutes ago, Gamida said:

I am secretly hoping they were holding back on purpose and will soon shout "Surprise! Here is Alphas 22, 23 and 24."

Here's hoping.  Maybe they will be working on bandits but I would hope they would tell us. But you never know 

Maybe we will finally get that plasma baton and other stuff

2 hours ago, Gamida said:

I am secretly hoping they were holding back on purpose and will soon shout "Surprise! Here is Alphas 22, 23 and 24."

Again, wishful thinking. They're people with lives like us. They've been through the holidays, met with their families and friends.

They'll keep working for months and slowly progress toward the current goal.

No surprises. Just good, maybe a bit laid-back, but still good, steady work.

It'll take time.

Hello All,

Last week, I finished the 4 unit apartment building I mentioned in my last post.  It will be a T2 questable POI in the country residential district.

I have started work on a new cave POI but still in the early planning phase.  I am hoping to come up with a t3 or higher design.  Will see where things end up.