Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

6 minutes ago, sillls said:

Happy 10th anniversary 7D2D. 

Yes I know it is a little late but happy anniversary anyway. 

I still think this game is fun and love giving others a hard time while I am here.  😁

You never have given any of us hard time, mate. 

Have a Happy Christmas all.

14 hours ago, wolfbain5 said:

on the auger for any future updates.

with maxed mining skills, the steel pick axe out strips the auger making it irrelevant

used to be, having the full set of mining books, you had a 10% chance to 1 shot ores and stone blocks. that made the auger with its high hit speed but low damage value out mine pick axes. but the current way it is, I can 1 shot stone, gravel, coal, shale, and nitrate  and 2 shot iron and lead with a steel pick axe, but takes 4 hits to take out stone, and 6 to take out the others with the auger. This drastically slows down mining, wastes gas, and is so far noisier than any other method of mining. It makes the auger for practical purposes obsolete.

with auger supposedly meant to be the top end mining tool, the current abilities and costs make it only better than stone tools. I am not sure how to make it the top end with fuel costs, low block damage and heat accumulation, but I do think this is something that needs to be addressed going forward.

The augur value is with non-strength players who can't max out mining skills.

3 hours ago, wolfbain5 said:

auger is controlled by the same stat as the rest of the mining tools. it isnt under a different tree

I know that, but a non strength player is going to get more from the auger than steel tools.  Stamina usage for steel tools for non strength players is too high while the auger uses gas and will increase harvest yields per min for them.

11 hours ago, SnowDog1942 said:

what if I was under that tree?  Nekkid ;)

This would be a great random poi christmas themed boss zombie encounter. With this, A new mechanic needs to be added: you immediately drop (throw?) all you backpack and toolbelt/weapons. The only option is to run. Its always too dangerous to return. In this way, you have become santa and leave SnowDog presents.

5 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

@Laz Man

How's the footfall stadium going? And if you're done with it, what else are you working on? 

Yep, it's making its paces in QA for feedback now.  Some screenshots might make its way to social media in near future.

I'm finishing up a small 4 unit apartment POI that I put aside a while back.  I am thinking it will look good in the country residential tiles.

Happy New Year!

On 1/1/2024 at 8:45 PM, Jost Amman said:

There's nothing to celebrate, honestly... everything is going to @%$#, and 2024 will probably be even worse. :mmph:

(the grinch who stole the new year bull@%$#)

i am happy to see the back of 2023 honestly. was @%$# year here culminating in the passing of my mum a week before xmas.

2024 has to better than that

On 1/1/2024 at 2:45 AM, Jost Amman said:

There's nothing to celebrate, honestly... everything is going to @%$#, and 2024 will probably be even worse. :mmph:

(the grinch who stole the new year bull@%$#)

I just can't @%$#ing wait for it to come out on @%$#ing console.  Maybe then my @%$#ing crippling depression will go away.... motha@%$#a

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

21 hours ago, NukemDed said:

i am happy to see the back of 2023 honestly. was @%$# year here culminating in the passing of my mum a week before xmas.

2024 has to better than that

Sorry for your loss... I can only imagine how much you loved her.

2024 will be better to (for? sry not native speaker) all of us bro.

Edited by Xenogears (see edit history)

On 1/1/2024 at 3:55 AM, beerfly said:

Wow, some of you guys are really dedicated spending more than 365 days ingame and brag about it calling it a new year.. 

..which is excellent, be well and happier ! 

Dude it's a leap year 😆

I'm a reader, not a poster but gotta say something...

Boy is this topic dead or what?

May I kindly suggest starting the A22 dev diary to spark up the interest a bit? It doesn't have to be any kind of indication of a release date or anything. I've had this game for over 10 years now and learned to not expect anything in a hurry 😐

6 hours ago, Elukka said:

I'm a reader, not a poster but gotta say something...

Boy is this topic dead or what?

May I kindly suggest starting the A22 dev diary to spark up the interest a bit? It doesn't have to be any kind of indication of a release date or anything. I've had this game for over 10 years now and learned to not expect anything in a hurry 😐

One word: HOLIDAYS! :party: