Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

40 minutes ago, Diragor said:

Will there be any UI changes/extentions? I would love to have some kind of Icon that tells me my armor parts needs to be repaired. Or will that be added with the armor changes? I hope so. If not, please consider it.

The UI is getting redone, not for A21 I don't think though. It was mentioned in the interview Rick and Joel did recently

36 minutes ago, Diragor said:

I would love to have some kind of Icon that tells me my armor parts needs to be repaired

This.

Please add it to the many "messages" we already receive like buffs/debuffs and stuff.

Now, it is so embarassing when you hop into your gyro and then (3rd person view) realize that you weren't wearing any pants since probably the last couple of days.

...and damn it's cold down there when you take off.

Meh, I don't want more HUD clutter. It can already get crazy as it is. I'd prefer if the left side of my screen isn't full of icons. Maybe a tooltip that pops up or something. Or at least maybe some more options added to toggle bits of the hud, or at least be able to set things to hide after some time. Get a broken leg? The buffs panel pops onto screen along with the tooltip to let you know what happened. Then after 5 or so seconds the buff panel hides again. I'd be okay with that. I just prefer a minimalist HUD and the current buff panel can take up too much space as is.

6 hours ago, Diragor said:

Will there be any UI changes/extentions? I would love to have some kind of Icon that tells me my armor parts needs to be repaired. Or will that be added with the armor changes? I hope so. If not, please consider it.

I think they mentioned some UI changes for A21. Been a while since I watched the posted interview but I am nearly certain it was mentioned.

I hope lockpicking would be made more interactive at some point.  It doesn't feel like skill applies at all. 

There was a much more interactive idea shown back here in A15 (though lockpicking took a few more versions before it came as what we have now).

Note: I mean on safes.  I agree with lockpicking not working on the doors (even though this video shows doors).  I just like the mechanism used here versus the one we have for lockpicking now.  Sadly this version never made it to a public build it looked so much more interactive and fun.

Edited by Red Eagle LXIX (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Roland said:

Not certain. This dev cycle is getting close to A17 in length.

Worrying to say the least. With hearing about the strong chance that we may not even get the phase one bandits in Alpha 21 it brings back bad memories from the Alpha 17 development cycle lol. Holding out hope though, as you guys have been putting out strong updates the past few years and that does count in your favor.

4 hours ago, Red Eagle LXIX said:

I hope lockpicking would be made more interactive at some point.  It doesn't feel like skill applies at all. 

There was a much more interactive idea shown back here in A15 (though lockpicking took a few more versions before it came as what we have now).

Note: I mean on safes.  I agree with lockpicking not working on the doors (even though this video shows doors).  I just like the mechanism used here versus the one we have for lockpicking now.  Sadly this version never made it to a public build it looked so much more interactive and fun.

Reveal hidden contents

The fact lockpicking on doors doesn't work is certainly vexing. I can use timed charges to blow them open, why can't I pick them?

And I agree with you on the lockpicking skill not seeming to apply. I never bother with putting points into it because I always seem to break picks at the same rate - in fact, they seem to break immediately a lot more often with the skill. It's worthless.

22 minutes ago, lord_ahriman said:

I only hope similarity it's just "length".

Past is not gonna be back, we look forward for what is gonna be better, I can`t just say "the longer the better" (because reasons...I mean SG), but it will worth it. It always does. 

2 hours ago, lord_ahriman said:

I only hope similarity it's just "length".

1 hour ago, beerfly said:

Past is not gonna be back, we look forward for what is gonna be better, I can`t just say "the longer the better" (because reasons...I mean SG), but it will worth it. It always does. 

"That's what she said."

- Snowdog

2 hours ago, Gamida said:

"That's what she said."

- Snowdog

Save Games 🤘

We all had some good times ingame, even minutes before a new release is out, and was really good time we had out there, c`mon

...who of us has never been at a train station waiting for the train ? 

*Repeat after me kids, what train is on it`s way to get on and have some more fun ?*

*The Hype Train*

Edited by beerfly (see edit history)